Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 18:45   #1036
BHPian

Watched Operation Alemelamma. Absolutely brilliant movie. Unexpected Twists and turns, engaging storyline, brilliant BGM, 2 wonderful songs and exceptional acting by the lead cast.

Watch it guys, do not miss this one. Ondu Motteya Kathe and this one - very entertaining flicks

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:22   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju
Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum : This one managed to create quite an hype on the social media and people were raving about it as one the best movies ever. 30 mins into the movie and you realize that this isnt any blockbuster.
Having loved the director's debut outing (Maheshinte pradhikaaram) & with friends / media raving about this, went with great expectations. Only to be disappointed. Yeah, the acting is good. But not sure what all the raving was about. In contrast, Maheshinte pradhikaaram is something I relished immensely - from the start to end.

Since everyone was saying it is great, I thought it must be me. But wifey was also disappointed. Should've waited for the DVD.
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:12   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Watched Ondu Motteya Kathe. Superb movie. It kind of engages you and makes your time spent worthwhile which is what a movie should make.
For a average Kannada filmgoer, I think the number of good movies coming out are overwhelming! We never watch so many movies like other folks do.
Old 3rd August 2017, 18:04   #1039
BHPian

Movie Name: Vikram Vedha (U/A)

Language: Tamil

Direction: Pushkar & Gayathri

Lead Actors: R Madhavan, Vijay Sethupathi, Shraddha Srinath, Varalaxmi, Hareesh Peradi

What a brilliant movie ! The movie is one of a kind, phenomenal in every possible way. Thoroughly engaging from the beginning to end. What might appear as a ordinary cop-gangster battle at the outset, takes you through a chilling journey in to the lives of Vikram the cold looking yet humane cop, played by R.Madhavan and Vedha, the sly gangster, played by Vijay Sethupathi. The story takes inspiration from the Indian mythological tale of Vikram and Betal (Vedha in Tamil), where everytime Betal narrates a story to Vikram sitting on his back and at the end of the story throws him a rather tricky question, which the clever Vikram cracks and answers correctly. The film portrays how always a line cannot be drawn separating good from bad, right from wrong, black from white. It candidly portrays that life is a vicious circle inside which the black and white are coexistent, Yin-Yang like almost. A hard hitting movie which forces you to think, logically to come up with answers only to be proven wrong on screen by the directors. The protagonist and the antagonist have got their own very valid reasons for killing, and very good at it too, and hence be prepared to witness gun firing throughout. The film has many layers and logical inter-connections put together seamlessly, so that the end result is perfect. You get to experience the mind game of the characters, and that thrills you. The lead actors have killed it. And the haunting background score by C.S. Sam reverberates in your ears, long after you have left the theater and you keep humming it. The songs are packed in to the movie and are equally good. A must watch ! This movie would surely elevate Tamil Cinema to a different plane altogether, if not done earlier. Hats off to the director couple Pushkar and Gayathri, for the skillful handling of the script and the extraordinary attention given to the details, to make it a cult movie.

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 3rd August 2017 at 18:15.
Old 3rd August 2017, 19:51   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
Watched it in theater here - awesome movie and loved it. Worth a watch.
Old 5th August 2017, 10:15   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Watched Ondu Motteya Kathe. Superb movie. It kind of engages you and makes your time spent worthwhile which is what a movie should make.
For a average Kannada filmgoer, I think the number of good movies coming out are overwhelming! We never watch so many movies like other folks do.
I watched this movie here in Mumbai, and must admit that it is an excellent movie by any standards.

Of late, Kannada movies have shown remarkable improvements, both in content and in presentation, during the past 2-3 years. Godhi banna sadharana mykattu, Kirik party, U turn, Kwatle Satisha, etc., are examples showing that the industry is proceeding in the right direction.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 5th August 2017 at 10:21.
Old 8th August 2017, 05:47   #1042
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Lead Actors: R Madhavan, Vijay Sethupathi, Shraddha Srinath, Varalaxmi, Hareesh Peradi

What a brilliant movie ! The movie is one of a kind, phenomenal in every possible way.
Thanks for sharing. Will try to watch this. I've liked Maddy as an actor right from Alaipayuthey and Minnale.
Old 8th August 2017, 08:34   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Will try to watch this. I've liked Maddy as an actor right from Alaipayuthey and Minnale.
In case you are interested in bikes, especially Royal Enfields, you will be in for a treat from your favorite hero Maddy, a total surprise element in the movie, I must say !
Old 16th August 2017, 15:09   #1044
BHPian

Quote:

One word for this movie "brilliant". I missed seeing this in theater which I now regret. Top class story, fast paced and what a great climax!! If this was made in Hollywood, this would have garnered most of the Oscars.
Story, Direction, BGM, Acting, Editing ... almost everything falling in its right places to make a movie that can be remembered for long.
I don't want to reveal any scene or story from the film as it needs to be watched to experience it. But one question that is very relevant and that is asked by the antagonist -- When someone commits a crime, do you go after the person who committed the crime or the one who got him to commit the crime?
Old 16th August 2017, 15:25   #1045
BHPian

Quote:

What a brilliant movie !....
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Watched it in theater here - awesome movie and loved it. Worth a watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
One word for this movie "brilliant". I missed seeing this in theater which I now regret.
I heard a colleague at work mention that it was only about shooting, killing and mindless violence. Considered that review and happily skipped watching the movie.

Ever since it moved out of theaters here, I am hearing only great review. Now on TBhp too.... I regret missing it.
Old 16th August 2017, 16:01   #1046
BHPian

Folks, How is the tamil film Tharamani (A), written and directed by Ram ? This is the third movie coming from the man who was critically acclaimed for Kattradhu Thamizh and Thanga Meengal.
Old 16th August 2017, 16:22   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
I heard a colleague at work mention that it was only about shooting, killing and mindless violence. Considered that review and happily skipped watching the movie..
The mindless shooting is only at the beginning of the movie and the start is a bit slow for the first 20 mins or so. After that once Maddy and Vijay Sethupathi come at loggerheads, there is no looking back. Superb editing, dialogues and the twist at the end is worth it ! Superb direction by the duo and top notch acting by all actors.
Old 9th September 2017, 09:05   #1048
BHPian

Veteran Kannada actor R N Sudarshan passed away on Friday night in Bangalore. He was 78. He was last seen in Golden Star Ganesh’s movie Zoom. Some of his notable films include Naguva Hoovu, Mareyada Deepavali, Maria, My Darling, Paayum Pul and Matha. May his soul rest in peace.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...e-was-78-68103

Quote:
Sudarshan comes from a family of artistes. His siblings, RN Jayagopal was a popular lyricist in Kannada and his other brother RNK Prasad was a popular cinematographer. Sudarshan is survived by his wife Shylashree, who is a Tamil actor.
His famous hit songs:

1. Hoovondu balibandu from film Shubhamangala (one of my favourites)

2. Irabeku Irabeku Ariyada Kandana Tharaha

The actor made his debut in 1961 film Vijayanagarada Veeraputra. A song from the film:

Apara keerthi galisi

Last edited by AltoLXI : 9th September 2017 at 09:06.
Old 11th September 2017, 15:22   #1049
BHPian

Movie : Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela
Language : Malayalam
Rating : 4/5

Watched this movie over the weekend. The title seem confusing initially (In the land of crabs ... an interval) but you can relate to it only after you watch the entire movie.

This movie reminds me of some of the great family dramas of Malayalam cinema in the 70s and 80s.

As for performance, every actor has done their best in every scene they were in. Infact Nivin Pauly in the lead has a subdued role with not many dialogues for him. To me Lal is the pick of all actors in this movie. His comic timing and the serious delivery of dialogues (read poetry) is really hilarious.
It is running in some theaters with English subtitles, so if you have some time and want to see a really good movie, go ahead.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th September 2017 at 12:59. Reason: Removing the plot of the movie. Best to keep it as a suspense. :)
Old 11th September 2017, 15:50   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Movie : Njandukalude Nattil Oridavela
Language : Malayalam
Rating : 4/5
My wife watched it last weekend along with her friends. None of them was impressed.

Most Viewed