Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2016, 16:07   #916
BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Action Hero Biju

For the kind of hype, I didnt feel the movie was that good. The story of a police station, few police officers and their SI Biju (Nivin pauly). It was like a case diary of a SI.. different day to day cases and the SI keeps providing solutions. Was expecting atleast one of the cases turning into a thread for the whole movie, but nope. It was like watching a series of short movies with SI Biju trying to give some moral lessons - no freaking, no drugs, no stealing, no molesting, no acting smart and so on.

There were a few good laughs, the newbies gave a good performance, some of Nivin Paulys angry young police officer dialogue deliveries gave goose bumps and thats it for me. Infact, felt the movie could easily stretch for another few hours if required, with a new set of characters and rowdies to deal with. As there was practically no relevant climax.

Was thinking if the SI could easily be replaced by a doctor, a taxi driver, an auto driver or anyone who comes across new set of characters and situations on a daily basis.

I would rate it as 2.5/5
Verdict : Timepass

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 10th June 2016 at 16:16.
Old 10th June 2016, 18:58   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Vijay does a good job, the kid who plays his daughter is also good as is the Villain.
The villain is the famous Tamil director J Mahendran who directed classics like Mullum Malarum (Rajinikant), Nenjathai Killathe (Mohan), Udhiri Pookaal (evergreen gem movie), Johnny (Rajinikant).
Old 13th June 2016, 10:58   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Yes, both the movies i saw had sub titles. I watched U-Turn in Cinepolis, Cunnigham Road(Sigma Hall) and Thiti in PVR, Forum Mall. Thiti Facebook page has the list of theaters which has Sub titles and which doesn't.
U-Turn (Kannada) - 4 / 5
Really a good movie, not too long and keeps you engaged throughout.

Need to watch Thithi, Karva and godhi Banna as well.
Old 26th June 2016, 22:04   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
U-Turn (Kannada) - 4 / 5
Really a good movie, not too long and keeps you engaged throughout.

Need to watch Thithi, Karva and godhi Banna as well.

Watched "Godhi banna sadharna mykattu" in PVR (Orion) today. Excellent film. I will rate it 4/5. Good acting by Anant Nag, Rakshit Shetty, Sruthi Hariharan and Achyuth Kumar. The story is taut, evenly paced and music excellent.

So many good Kannada films getting released in quick succession. After years, if not decades, of very mediocre, violence infested films, Kannada films are back with a bang. Young and relatively new faces, both as actors and directors, were long overdue for the Kannada film industry.
Old 14th July 2016, 12:03   #920
BHPian

Malayalam Movie- Kasaba
I walked out of the theater in under 30 minutes. Couldn't stand the repetitive violence and the overtly sexist abusive tones against women. Left me wondering if there was a script in the first place. I don't even want to talk about the direction. Pathetic and a disturbing movie to say the least.
Old 14th July 2016, 12:08   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Watched "Godhi banna sadharna mykattu" in PVR (Orion) today. Excellent film. I will rate it 4/5. Good acting by Anant Nag, Rakshit Shetty, Sruthi Hariharan and Achyuth Kumar. The story is taut, evenly paced and music excellent.
Hello AltoLXI,
I'm very interested in wathcing 'Godhi Banna..'. I live in Bangalore but not 100% comfortable in Kannada. Any idea if this movie has English subtitles in any of the multiplexes in Bangalore? Appreciate if you can help in this regard.
Old 14th July 2016, 17:07   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hello AltoLXI,
I'm very interested in wathcing 'Godhi Banna..'. I live in Bangalore but not 100% comfortable in Kannada. Any idea if this movie has English subtitles in any of the multiplexes in Bangalore? Appreciate if you can help in this regard.
We watched this same movie in Fame ShankarNag on MG Road and it had English sub titles. We also watched U-Turn (another brilliant Kannada movie) in Gopalan grand mall, Old Madras Road and this too had sub titles during the screening.
Old 21st July 2016, 17:33   #923
BHPian

Shajahanum Pareekuttiyum

Decent entertainer. Wanted to take my kid for his usual Lulu Mall outing of Movie and Lunch and that way it served the purpose as he enjoyed it- much more than me . Jayasurya/Kunchacko Boban/Sooraj/Aju Varghese/Amla Paul were all okay considering the script was hardly top notch. Not a bad watch if you are going with kids and want to see some light hearted stuff . To be frank I went for this movie as it was one of the better options suitable for watching with kids out of a mostly medicore set of Malayalam movies which has come out recently. However this one never comes anywhere close to the likes of movies like Om Shanthi Oshana. PVR Cinemas at Lulu Mall, Kochi continues to be good value for the prices charged.

Anuraga Karikkin Vellam

Highly acclaimed movie praised by everyone from Sathyan Anthikkad to Jude Anthany Joseph and many other personalities . Biju Menon, Asif Ali and Rejisha Vijayan do the main roles. Watched it at Carnival Cinemas, Angamaly. Good movie . "Strikes a chord ", " Well packaged" etc etc says the various reviews. All true but personally I did not find it as gripping a movie like Blessy's Thanmatra for instance. I really appreciate the playing of the national anthem before the start of every movie in Carnival Cinemas.

Last edited by TKMCE : 21st July 2016 at 17:55.
Old 21st July 2016, 17:36   #924
BHPian

Kabali arrives with a storm!

How many fans of Rajnikanth in this forum are planning for First day first Show of Kabali. Many of my friends are planning to attend shows as early as 4 A.M.

Any such serious fans here?
Old 21st July 2016, 19:46   #925
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kabali arrives with a storm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
How many fans of Rajnikanth in this forum are planning for First day first Show of Kabali. Many of my friends are planning to attend shows as early as 4 A.M.

Not serious enough to catch a first day first show. But definitely planning an opening weekend watch.

Just did a rough count and there are more than 500 shows in Bangalore tomorrow just on Bookmyshow. All are full mostly at Rs 500 per ticket.
Old 21st July 2016, 19:53   #926
BHPian

Re: Kabali arrives with a storm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post

Same here, planning for the 4 AM show tomorrow
Old 22nd July 2016, 11:24   #927
BHPian

I have watched the Kabali Movie today morning at 4 AM (Special screening for Fans) at Rohini Silver Screens Koyambedu. As an ardent Rajini fan i would be again watching today evening at a Premium theatre along with my family.
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:44   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
I have watched the Kabali Movie today morning at 4 AM (Special screening for Fans) at Rohini Silver Screens Koyambedu. As an ardent Rajini fan i would be again watching today evening at a Premium theatre along with my family.

Heard from few friends who watched it yesterday in US that the movie is slightly boring. First half is slow and the pace picks up in second half. Would like to hear from you about how the movie was?
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:58   #929
BHPian

The movie does not have the usual Rajini formula. It is a Ranjith movie with good amount of sentiments, nice songs and fights. For those who watched Ranjith earlier movie (Madras) will like this one and those who expect the usual Rajini formula will be upset. Keep yourself open, watch the movie and enjoy your weekend.
Old 22nd July 2016, 13:21   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Would like to hear from you about how the movie was?
Yes, the movie doesn't have a gripping screenplay and its slow paced.

But it was my first ever Rajini movie in a theatre and I watched it with 50 of my colleagues, so it was fun.

Most Viewed