Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2018, 11:09   #1156
BANNED

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Watched Malayalam Movie Joseph yesterday, a well made movie, couldn't find any complaints.

The theme is conspiracy and illegal organ trafficking, without a doubt one of the best investigate thrillers of recent times.
Old 24th November 2018, 12:58   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Another Rajiv Menon movie I loved was - Kandukondain Kandukondain
Yeah, pity he couldnt continue with his movies; though he is directing one now - dedicated to music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Please list out some must watch's for Netflix. Do NOT have APV.
Tamizh
Aval (Tamizh, also available as The House next door)
Veerappan
Solo
Goli Soda 2
Orange Mittai
Spyder
Visaaranai
Kaththi
Kalakalappu
Muran
Thaandavan
Vettai
Radiopetti
Sigaram Thodu
Theepan

Telugu
Naa Bangaaru Thalli

Kannada
U-Turn - original movie
Ondu Motteya Kathe
Urvi

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 24th November 2018 at 13:09.
Old 24th November 2018, 19:08   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Watched Malayalam Movie Joseph yesterday, a well made movie, couldn't find any complaints.

The theme is conspiracy and illegal organ trafficking, without a doubt one of the best investigate thrillers of recent times.
There you go. I have booked tickets for tonight show after reading positive reviews and then I see this spoiler.
Old 2nd December 2018, 08:51   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Vada Chennai

Too many characters can get you confused but what a narration. Expected it to be another "gang war" movie but it was a joy to watch. Glad I watched it and waiting for the next installment.

Highly recommended.

Rating - 4/5
Old 2nd December 2018, 09:40   #1160
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

2.0 (Tamil)
This sequel to the humanoid/robot story continues in typical Shankar style with a social theme and message interspersed with "science fiction" (our own desi version if you will).
Not as good as the first part. Overall, cast has done a decent job with Rajni, Akshay and Amy Jackson doing their parts well. Graphics/Visual Effects (VFX), Rehman's Music (surprisingly lacks any good/catchy number that can remain in memory or enjoyed on the soundtrack) and Resul Pookutty's Sound Engineering are good.

*Even the best VFX cannot hide the ageing superstar's age!

Casual Watch (if you like Rajni, Shankar's movie making style & Akshay)

Rating - 2.5/5
Old 4th December 2018, 16:32   #1161
BHPian

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

If you love DQ & road trips, do watch Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomi which translates to Blue Sky, Green Sea, Red Earth. It's available on Hotstar. It is an engaging movie that i saw 4 years back and since then have seen all DQ movies available online on Amazon, Netflix & Hotstar
Old 4th December 2018, 16:32   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

Off topic on this thread. But as a Dulquer fan, I expected more out of Karwaan. Infact after hearing reviews from fellow bhpians I watched the movie.
His Malayalam films are a notch or two above easily.
Neelaakasham pachakadal chuvanna bhoomi is easily way Superior to Karwaan!!

Last edited by vibbs : 4th December 2018 at 16:35.
Old 4th December 2018, 18:09   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Off topic on this thread. But as a Dulquer fan, I expected more out of Karwaan. Infact after hearing reviews from fellow bhpians I watched the movie.
His Malayalam films are a notch or two above easily.
Neelaakasham pachakadal chuvanna bhoomi is easily way Superior to Karwaan!!
Same here. Expected much more from his debut Hindi Movie. Disappointed to say the least.

Definitely cannot compare with Neelaakasham pachakadal chuvanna bhoomi, Charlie, Second show etc.
Old 6th December 2018, 07:37   #1164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Haram 1/5

There is absolutely no Haram about this one. A set of clichéd characters who mouth some so-called new-generation lines. The bad dubbing job for the female characters add to the misery. Fahadh Faasil should really hire someone capable to advise him on his movie choices, or soon may have to look for a job change. I have not seen anything worthwhile from him after 24 North Kaatham.
This movie is now available on Netflix, and I stopped watching after the first 15-20 mins or lesser. What a drag!

Seriously, avoid this one.
Old 6th December 2018, 07:51   #1165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This movie is now available on Netflix, and I stopped watching after the first 15-20 mins or lesser. What a drag!

Seriously, avoid this one.
Indeed! There's Eeda available on Netflix; really a good one.
Old 6th December 2018, 09:18   #1166
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Fahad has been absolutely brilliant in the recent past. He has what I would call 'Mohanlalesque' ability to be extremely natural with even the minor movements and also switch genres as needed.

Looking forward to his 'njaan prakashan'. The teaser looked very good.

Old 6th December 2018, 09:27   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think Fahad has been absolutely brilliant in the recent past.
So I started to catch-up with all the Malayalam flicks only since the last 2 years and I must admit that I have loved almost all of the movies in all genres that were suggested including by few of my friends right on this forum.. Before this, It was always on a Sunday Noon on DD1 where they played regional movies.

Fahad is absolutely brilliant and extremely natural that even a movie like Maheshinte Prathikaram where there was hardly any Heroism from him and with just a shirt and a mundu and that ubiquitous Lunar hawai Chappal he manages to pull the show completely! I so loved that movie that when my sister was in town this year, we sat and watched together again and now she pings me for recommendations.

Quote:
Indeed and I too would be looking forward to this one.
Old 6th December 2018, 10:32   #1168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think Fahad has been absolutely brilliant in the recent past.
He has what I would call 'Mohanlalesque' ability to be extremely natural with even the minor movements and also switch genres as needed.
Absolutely! Watched Carbon a couple of months back and he was just brilliant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj
I hope it is a good one, especially with Sreenivasan back with Sathyan Anthikad. I hope the latter doesn’t make the lead character a sugar-sweet caricature, like some of his last few attempts.
Old 6th December 2018, 12:19   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes Fahaadh!!

What a revelation he has been. Absolute simple natural acting.

Even pulls off a movie like Varathan where the last 30 mins is out to out heroism. Amazing range. And rightly compared with Mohanlal. I can't think of many other actors with this good range.
Old 6th December 2018, 13:24   #1170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
So I started to catch-up with all the Malayalam flicks only since the last 2 years and I must admit that I have loved almost all of the movies in all genres that were suggested including by few of my friends right on this forum.. Before this, It was always on a Sunday Noon on DD1 where they played regional movies.

Fahad is absolutely brilliant and extremely natural that even a movie like Maheshinte Prathikaram where there was hardly any Heroism from him and with just a shirt and a mundu and that ubiquitous Lunar hawai Chappal he manages to pull the show completely! I so loved that movie that when my sister was in town this year, we sat and watched together again and now she pings me for recommendations.
As an ardent malayalam movie lover, it really warms my heart to see such appreciation from Non-Malayalees. There was a time when outside the borders of Kerala, Malayalam films meant only those 'late night' stuff for most people. And this was a time when classics were being churned out in quick succession. Fortunately over the last few years, that image has changed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks