Team-BHP - Which watch do you own?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which watch do you own? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5927-watch-do-you-own-18.html)

I am planning to ask my friend to get this KC watch from US. It costs abt 143$.

Well! I used to have a thing for watches in my school time. But wasn't able to But any thing branded (besides a Nike watch & a Timex). But Still Used to own a collection of 17 different watches (all flashy, no brands) when I finished School. All bought from pocket money since 6'th standard.

Have given them all away now.

Currently own the following:-

Seiko Kinetic Sportura,
Police Mission (Red Colored with world time)
A couple of Swatch Irony Watches
A Fossil Chronograph
A Timex Indiglo with perpetual calender
A Rose Gold colored Esprit
A Puma Chronograph
A Tommy Hilfiger Black watch
A Nautica Watch with a Big Dial
& 4-5 Titan watches.
cheers:

My birthday was on 11 july and I was flooded with watches.

So here is the latest addittions to my watch collections.

Omega-Seamaster -Professional
Rolex- Oyster Perpetual -Air king
Ferrari- with straps made of original F1 ferrari tyres, real hard to put on.
Nike- Sport Timing- Blue-Black colour.

CR-V; nice collection.
Mission_Safari;that looks great.

Titan watches looks great. People need to raise my sal :D

My prefered choice. An Antique Piece. Was lying in my attic for few years :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram (Post 897477)
Times are a changin'!
Wrist watches will do more than show the time and date. Won't this baby give old-fashioned wrist watches a complex?

I love gadgets too. but i will wait for times when it's acceptable to wear a multi functional watch to corporate meetings. or the watches you mention are shrunk to a regular size. have done the mistake before, bought things that were only used once or twice and then stashed away.

It was perfectably acceptable for me at corporate meetings. Even board-of-director meetings. Be bold and brave and stand up to the Luddites.

My everyday watch is quite normally sized.
Amazon.com: Ram Rao J. Baji "ramrao"'s review of Polar F6 Men's and Women's Heart Rate Moni...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post803046

vivekiny2k: we would love to hear about your "mistake" if you care to share.
About what you used only once or twice and then stashed away.

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram (Post 907077)

Ram

to start with,

my USB GPS adapter when portable units were very costly....cudn't use it having laptop on in my car all the time.

ozark trail nylon trekking shorts, realized after getting back to india that there were no rain forests where I would need specialized quick dry clothing.

portable MP3 player for the purpose of recording meetings, lectures....eventually bought a phone that cud do that. actually that's leading in the wrong direction i know :D

Quote:

It was perfectably acceptable for me at corporate meetings. Even board-of-director meetings. Be bold and brave and stand up to the Luddites.
as they say, willie nelson started sporting his beard only after he became an established name in Nashville. I have to be more in tune with the others when I am a rookie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram (Post 907077)

Ram

Oh, and the first expensive gift i bought for myself after my first salary was a watch (in 2000). timex ironman with datalink. to feed data, the software creates a bar code type pattern on monitor and the watch reads it thru a tiny camera with a continuous beep. felt like james bond in a cybercafe full of people wondering what's going on :D . didn't have a comp at my flat and didn't have admin authority to install the software at work.

used it twice or thrice and now have totally forgotten about it. the watch is still my favorite though.

Timex Datalink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:

Optical sensor

Upon closer inspection however a small lens at the position of 12 o' clock on the watch face indicated the mode of the wireless data transmission. Data was transmitted from the CRT of the computer through a series of pulsating horizontal bars,[5] that were then focused by the tiny lens and inputted into the watch EEPROM memory through an optoelectronic transducer operating in the visible light spectrum.

Got myself a new watch, a Rolex Oyster Perpetual DateJust

oh i saw this one on your hand :p, come back to trivandrum please :(

Nice watch Naushad, slowly but surely moving towards the big ones.

I didnt buy it :) Got as a gift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by artofzen (Post 908725)
I didnt buy it :) Got as a gift.

It doesnt matter how it came, its on your wrist!!
Now eagerly waiting to hear names like Corum, Breitling etc ;)

Naushad is a big man Priyank, expect only stuff like IWC, A. Lange & Sohne, Ulysse Nardin etc. on his wrist from now on! :D