Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 23:03   #751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Bought this some time back just because I liked the look of it.. Recent test shot from new camera body..

Attachment 448363
This is great table top shot. Like anyone else I would also like to know the properties in which the shot was clicked.

I have few questions to you

1. Do you have a mini studio at home ? looks like the lighting used are good and I see no shadow. Please give me some hints

2. I'm sure Canonian's use RAW format very often, and this one looks like. Did you do post shot work in PhotoShop? The shades on the outer dial is impressive.
Old 4th November 2010, 00:19   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

This Diwali I was gifted a Panerai Radiomir Black seal limited edition hand-wound.

I'm still in complete shock and awe.

From the historic collection and is 1 of 1500 ltd ed.

Officine Panerai - Laboratorio di Idee

Which watch do you own?-1258124401439_vista2.jpg

Which watch do you own?-1258124397293_dett1.jpg

Which watch do you own?-1258124398927_dett3.jpg

Which watch do you own?-1258124400242_vista1.jpg

Radiomir Black Seal

Movement: hand-wound mechanical, Panerai OP XI calibre with swan's neck regulator, 16½ lignes, 17 jewels. Côtes de Genève decoration on the bridges. Glucydur® balance with Nivarox® I spring, 21,600 alternations/hour, Incabloc® anti-shock device.
Power reserve of 56 hours.
Chronometer Certificate issued by C.O.S.C.
Functions:hours, minutes, small seconds.
Case:diameter 45mm, AISI 316L polished steel or black ceramic, removable wire loop strap attachments (patented). Screw winding crown personalized OP.
Bezel: polished steel or black ceramic.
Back: see-through sapphire crystal or screw, steel with special hard black coating.
Crystal: sapphire, made from corundum, 1.9 mm or 2.2 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.
Water resistance:10 bar (~100 metres).
Strap:PANERAI personalised leather strap and large-size polished steel buckle or large-size brushed steel with special hard black coating.

Finally a watch I could keep for my grandchildren.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 4th November 2010 at 00:35.
Old 4th November 2010, 09:46   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
This is great table top shot. Like anyone else I would also like to know the properties in which the shot was clicked.

I have few questions to you

1. Do you have a mini studio at home ? looks like the lighting used are good and I see no shadow. Please give me some hints

2. I'm sure Canonian's use RAW format very often, and this one looks like. Did you do post shot work in PhotoShop? The shades on the outer dial is impressive.
He lives photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
This Diwali I was gifted a Panerai Radiomir Black seal limited edition hand-wound.

I'm still in complete shock and awe.

Radiomir Black Seal
Finally a watch I could keep for my grandchildren.
Congrats. I remember you posting a similar one as your dream watch or so sometime back. Is it the same?
Old 4th November 2010, 13:36   #754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats. I remember you posting a similar one as your dream watch or so sometime back. Is it the same?
It has been my dream to own a Panerai yes.

Never thought I'd be a black seal though.
Old 4th November 2010, 14:00   #755
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Sam. The Black Seal is a beautiful watch and it will be a wonderful heirloom to pass down many generations.

I am saving up for a Panerai Luminor Marina but it will probably take me 65,236 years to buy one!

Cheers,
V
Old 4th November 2010, 14:15   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Sam, Thats One Very Good watch you got!!
I wish I could get one of those, just that my wrist is too small to house the 45mm!
Old 5th November 2010, 11:56   #757
BHPian

HI All,

I want to buy a Seiko Kinetic Perpetual and a Casio watch in Australia.Can Anyone from TBHP guide me for better deals and discounts in SYDNEY,Australia.
BHPians also plz guide me to choose the best time to buy one.

Thanks
MSVG
Old 5th November 2010, 12:41   #758
Senior - BHPian

Timex SLX Automatic

Folks,

I just picked up a Timex SLX Automatic. This one to be precise. Timex Group India: Timex | Sports Luxury | Men | SLX Series | T2M516

There is a 20% discount running for the Timex Automatic at Timex stores/Bigbazaar and this made it a good buy. Initially I was extremely skeptical about Timex Automatics as Timex outsource their movements from China. And Chinese movements barring a few made by Seagull weren't exactly epitomes of reliability.

After a lot of research on google, I picked up this particular model as the latest batch of Timex Automatics use Seagull ST25 movements that have proven to be extremely reliable and they keep very good time. Also, it has a see through case back.

Two days on my wrist, this watch is running about 15 seconds+/day which I think is pretty good as automatics are said to take some time to settle down. Also, the dial has plenty of neat work on it and the watch feels much more expensive than it actually is with the fit and finish being top notch imho.

Even Titan has a range of Automatics using Chinese movements now and one or two Titan Automatics feature the Seagull ST25 movement. Folks interested might look at Titan as well because Titan cases are much slimmer than Timex and this makes them good dress watches.

Just thought of penning this down as lot of Bhpians might be watch shopping during this festive season. If I find time, I'll upload a few pics of my watch.

Cheers,

Jay
Attached Images

Old 5th November 2010, 12:55   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Folks,

I just picked up a Timex SLX Automatic. This one to be precise. Timex Group India: Timex | Sports Luxury | Men | SLX Series | T2M516

There is a 20% discount running for the Timex Automatic at Timex stores/Bigbazaar and this made it a good buy. Initially I was extremely skeptical about Timex Automatics as Timex outsource their movements from China. And Chinese movements barring a few made by Seagull weren't exactly epitomes of reliability.

After a lot of research on google, I picked up this particular model as the latest batch of Timex Automatics use Seagull ST25 movements that have proven to be extremely reliable and they keep very good time. Also, it has a see through case back.

Two days on my wrist, this watch is running about 15 seconds+/day which I think is pretty good as automatics are said to take some time to settle down. Also, the dial has plenty of neat work on it and the watch feels much more expensive than it actually is with the fit and finish being top notch imho.

Even Titan has a range of Automatics using Chinese movements now and one or two Titan Automatics feature the Seagull ST25 movement. Folks interested might look at Titan as well because Titan cases are much slimmer than Timex and this makes them good dress watches.

Just thought of penning this down as lot of Bhpians might be watch shopping during this festive season. If I find time, I'll upload a few pics of my watch.

Cheers,

Jay

Hi Jay,

This is exact model with steel case and leather strap I have got from my wify, check the previous page and yes I did get 20% and deal was amazing.
Old 5th November 2010, 13:00   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Hi Jay,

This is exact model with steel case and leather strap I have got from my wify, check the previous page and yes I did get 20% and deal was amazing.
Just saw it now sir. Congratulations to you. The watch looks to be terrific value for money and some folks who have owned it for than a couple of years as daily wears seem to be very happy with it. And how is the accuracy on the wrist? Have you got around to measure it?

Cheers,

Jay
Old 5th November 2010, 14:59   #761
Distinguished - BHPian

JayPrashant, thats a really nice watch. Timex is a good brand. I had bought a Timex sometime last year, its performing quite well.

How much was the price after the discount for this one?
Old 5th November 2010, 15:30   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Two days on my wrist, this watch is running about 15 seconds+/day which I think is pretty good as automatics are said to take some time to settle down.
So your watch is gaining about a minute every 4 days? Isn't that lot?
Old 5th November 2010, 17:16   #763
BHPian

i got Titan aviator few days back at 50% off
upper bezel is rotatory, i liked the deep blue color and overall design, it was designed by Neil FOley and the design basically resembles the blades of WWII plane
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-dscn0112.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dscn0113.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dscn0116.jpg  

Last edited by drsnt : 5th November 2010 at 17:20.
Old 5th November 2010, 17:39   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This Diwali I was gifted a Panerai Radiomir Black seal limited edition hand-wound. .

Amazing , congrats hope to own a Panerai someday as well
Old 6th November 2010, 14:07   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
JayPrashant, thats a really nice watch. Timex is a good brand. I had bought a Timex sometime last year, its performing quite well.

How much was the price after the discount for this one?
Thanks Mobike. INR 8000 after 20% discount.

Quote:
So your watch is gaining about a minute every 4 days? Isn't that lot?
Congratulations on your Panerai Sam. You've gotten yourself a Chronometer spec watch that should keep time in the range of under +-5 seconds a day.

Coming to my Timex, yes a minute in four days is a lot when compared to a Swiss Automatic or any other automatic using say an ETA or a high end Seiko movement. But in a watch housing a Seagull ST25 movement, it is pretty much ball in the park.

After about two months or so, when the watch settles down, I will get it adjusted on a timing machine. ST25 movements are said to have a high beat and as a consequence have been known to run at chronometer specs if adjusted well. I hope it happens with my Timex as well.

Cheers,

Jay

Most Viewed