Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 14:05   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: How do I adjust the month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Feeling little stupid, but I have to ask, how do I change the month in this watch?
Check these links:

1. http://www.citizen.com.hk/watch-line...product_id=869

Click on the link given under "Instruction Manual Download"

2 .Instruction Manuals for Citizen Watches

Search and click on "510".

FYI: 0510 is the caliber number of your watch.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:50   #857
BHPian

Re: How do I adjust the month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Check these links:
Thank you very much. That was a loaded link. That did clear one thing, that dial on the left is 'hour' tracker of the chrono.

But still not able to reset it. The manual says press of button B should reset hour & min hand of chrono to Zero, but that is not happening. Looks like there could be some problem with the watch.

Another thing I noticed is that Caliber of my watch is 051C, and that doesnt seems to be available in the Manual. But I guess it should all the be same.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:01   #858
JVH
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Bought Skagen as an impulsive buy after having a look at it in Lifestyle this weekend. Looks cute but its quite delicate.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-skagenmensdresswatches51uou7bkgbl.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 15:15   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

I just bought a Kenneth Cole beauty from shoppers stop. I was sold on one of those citizen Ecodrive. But it was love at first sight with this beauty.Which watch do you own?-watch.jpg

Last edited by drmohitg : 14th February 2011 at 15:22.
Old 14th February 2011, 20:44   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
@Clevermax I did buy books from amazon and it was delivered through FedEx in good shape. The only thing was that my shipping cost turned out to be more then the cost of the two books.

Tag does sell locally did you check the price here.

@ JKDas ther's a picture of the Timex Expedition you mentioned in the previous page. Its a black one though.
Books dont attract duty while other stuff might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Thank you. No I did not check the price here locally as my town doesn't have a Tag dealership. I think one is there in Blr, right?
Check with Krishnan nair and sons or Malabar. They should have.
Old 14th February 2011, 21:25   #861
BHPian

One more Tissot to the ramp fellows. This one is a Michael Owen Limited Edition that I got myself for my wedding. And I managed to get it at a killer price at that. I recently bought myself a Tommy Hilfiger which is rather cute in my opinion. Here it is.

Cheers
Champion
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-tissot2.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-807102_fpx.jpg  

Old 15th February 2011, 10:00   #862
BHPian

Ok, I figured it out, there is nothing wrong with the watch, thats how these semi circular chronos are desinged, there are 2 needles, both in diff colours.

I kept the chrono running for over an hour and I could see the other needle, otherwise hidden come out and point at the right number.
Old 15th February 2011, 18:27   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent. Looks like lot of our members are gifted or gifting themselves lovely watches this season.

However, a humble request. Please post the price and where you brought from when you post the details. It would help others to include or exclude them from their "want" list
Old 15th February 2011, 21:06   #864
BHPian

Hi Fellas, as requested by mobike008, I am posting the price of my watches. I bought the Tissot PRS200 Michael Owen Limited Edition at a discounted price of Dhs.1500 which on the purchased date would carry a value of Rs.18,750. The actual rate was Dhs.2400. A total of 4999 pieces were manufactured out of which mine is the 2731st piece. I got the watch from Rivoli Store out here in Dubai.

The Tommy Hilfiger was bought 3 months back for Dhs.490, which is Rs.6125 at the Hour Choice outlet here in Dubai. The actual price read Dhs.650. I didn't get a big discount, but I liked this watch. Incidentally, this watch was on display boards back in Chennai when I visited in November last year and is well appreciated.

I also have a Christian Bernard which was gifted by Dada. I am not sure if this brand is famous back in India (it isn't quite famous out here in the first place) but this is a fashion brand centered around jewellery making. Its quite rich to look at and does cost quite a bit as well. Its got a Mother of Pearl dial and is gold plated, albeit I am not sure about the carat. Here is the watch. The stones that cover it are Zircons. Dada got this for Dhs.3300 (which reads Rs.41,250) at the Rivoli Boutique here in Dubai.

Cheers
Champion
Attached Images

Old 15th February 2011, 21:24   #865
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Bought Skagen as an impulsive buy after having a look at it in Lifestyle this weekend. Looks cute but its quite delicate.
I bought this for 10.7K. Lifestyle was running a sale and got myself a 10% discount on the MRP which came to the above mentioned price. But like I said before it feels a little delicate compared to my other watches (RW, Tissot and Festina)
Old 15th February 2011, 22:15   #866
lsp
BHPian

Latheesh
The watch might be a lil thick for someone's liking but i was sold for it long long ago. I read a lot about the fake Chinese PRCs selling that at one point I was wondering if PRC stood for People's republic of China.

I always read a lot on the reviews (you get loads of them on Amazon) and especially one which are low rated.

Members would be surprised to know that many companies do not honor warranty on watches sold over internet. And lot of PRC200 reviews on amazon suggested that it wasnt the best place to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Nice watch and great price.How nice/heavy the watch band feel also check whether band is marked 'China' anywhere?

Looks really good and the chain is similar to the PRC one. Good choice Champ!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
One more Tissot to the ramp fellows. This one is a Michael Owen Limited Edition that I got myself for my wedding. And I managed to get it at a killer price at that. I recently bought myself a Tommy Hilfiger which is rather cute in my opinion. Here it is.

Cheers
Champion

Last edited by lsp : 15th February 2011 at 22:18.
Old 16th February 2011, 10:47   #867
Senior - BHPian

Until and unless you get a steep discount abroad, I have seen lower prices in India. In fact most of the high end watches are available in Delhi with 20-25% discount on the MRP. When I got my Rolex GMT-II the MRP was 2.25L but I got it for 1.75L, similarly for my Tissot PR100, mechanical I got a 22% discount. The added advantage of buying here is that you get full warranty for repairs in India.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:52   #868
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Had bought this Fastrack 4-5 yrs back for 1.9k , today it costs 2.3k !
Which watch do you own?-010320111308.jpg
Old 13th March 2011, 18:12   #869
Senior - BHPian

Finally I Just got my Watch organizer box made of pure leather, and even the watch holder inside the box are made of same leather. This box is in maroon color really made with quality. My box can hold upto 16 watches and damage to my pocket was Rs.4750/-

Which watch do you own?-13032011002.jpg

Which watch do you own?-13032011001.jpg

Which watch do you own?-13032011.jpg
Old 14th March 2011, 23:35   #870
Senior - BHPian

Just got one more watch organizer box which can hold upto 25 watches, this time I got another Rs.250 discount. I could now manage many more watches into my shelf. The new watch organizer was equipped with a thick leather between the top and bottom portions to avoid any scratches from the watches placed on the box cover part. After seeing that I had cut a soft leather from my camera bag to the yesterday's watch box and kept similar leather cloth to cover the watches.

Here are the pictures of my both watch organiser boxes kept next to each other, ofcourse with my watch collection already taking place in the box.

Which watch do you own?-img_0002.jpg

Name:  IMG_0004.JPG
Views: 1301
Size:  105.8 KB

Which watch do you own?-img_0007.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_0009.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 14th March 2011 at 23:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks