Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 12:49   #961
Team-BHP Support

re: Which watch do you own?

The latest addition to my repertoire is the beautiful Seiko Alarm Choronograph from US.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:56   #962
BHPian

I have Tommy Hilfiger watch, gifted by my gal http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150277261540043.528377.757485042#!/photo.php?fbid=10150292626700043&set=a.10150277261 540043.528377.757485042&type=1&theater
Old 24th May 2011, 13:27   #963
AWD
BHPian

Im wary of buying watches from Ebay, the ones which are priced considerably lower than the market. Most sellers are offering only dealer Warranty & not a Company one.
Even the dealers who have a high feedback score are not offering Company warranty.
Old 24th May 2011, 13:33   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
The latest addition to my repertoire is the beautiful Seiko Alarm Choronograph from US.
How about a photo, Zappo? And some titbits about pricing/deals (if any), if you don't mind.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 24th May 2011, 13:41   #965
Team-BHP Support

Latheesh, may be Bodying.in is a genuine seller but I can tell you a few things.

1. Inspite of the .in portal name and the flag of India next to their name at the top it is based out of US (misrepresentation?)

2. The site looks like a quickly assembled one with many of the components (buttons, the multi-image pallete for the selected item, the review area at the bottom etc) and even look and feel to some extent picked up straight from the Amazon site

3. It tries too hard to showcase itself as an India site and even tries to translate everything in Hindi (which real Indian site does this?)

May be it will still work out well. There are many such cut-throat US based merchant portals that provide amazing value deals. So if you wish may be you can try out with a small value deal. They will charge you $14 for delivery I think.

By the way, did you see those hilarious and outrageous Hindi translations? I was totally bamboozled! "Aamtaur par poto" and "Muft Upahar Mukkebaaji" had me floored. Took me some time to understand these things, that too after I saw the original english sentences did I get what they meant. Another one is from the user review at the bottom of one such watch. "A Great Casual Watch" translates to "Mahaan Aaksmik Ghadi"
Old 24th May 2011, 13:56   #966
Senior - BHPian

^^
Yeah their site is funny, I did not go much in detail.

They have some amazing deals on some of the watches. The watch I got it for $450 is available in their site for around 10 K INR. Even if they charge $15-20 for shipping it is great deal. But are they genuine/reliable? this the real concern!

I just did a google search and found that they have country specific site for many and they are in the business since 2000.

@ZAPPO - I have two SEIKOs, love to see your new time machine, pics pls!

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th May 2011 at 14:19.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:01   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
But are they genuine/reliable? this the real concern!

I just did a google search and found that they have country specific site for many. and they are in the business since 2000.
I did browse through their uae page -bodying.ae sometime ago, observed that, you get good deals, but most of the watches have sellers warranty and not the company one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Looking for a watch (mens)

Requirements:
Budget: Around 15K
Movement - Automatic/Quartz
Dial size - Above 40mm
Preferred Brand - TISSOT/SEIKO/CITIZEN (Others welcome except C Edifice)
Strap - Metal

Liked TISSOT T36.1.316.72 (Avl for 14.5K w 2 years warranty) but it is leather strap.

Any suggestions friends?

EDIT: How about Tissot T17158652 PRC 200 - Lowest price in India pls?

Check out Seiko 5 Automatic/Sports range.They should fall in your budget.
You may read through the threads in Watchuseek.com | THE most visited Watch Forum Site in the World | The right place, the right time to talk about Watches, Horloges, Uhren, Montres, Orologio, Relojes, Relogios. for reviews on various watch models.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th May 2011 at 20:25. Reason: Posts merged.
kicha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 18:40   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Photo and price please. Just sharing purchase info is not allowed
Old 24th May 2011, 20:47   #969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
How about a photo, Zappo? And some titbits about pricing/deals (if any), if you don't mind.

Cheers,
Vikram
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Photo and price please. Just sharing purchase info is not allowed
Hmmm... Photo. Will click one and upload then. Tidbits, well... its a Chrono, with dual time, alarm and 1/5th of a second differentiator or some such functionality that I did not understand fully.

As for the pricing is concerned, similar Seikos retail for around 17k here although the models do differ a bit here and there. I do not know the pricing for this one as my wife got it for me (since I was drooling over a Seiko sometime back when my BIL got one here in India).

My other possessions (I think updated this thread earlier) of course include a Giordano and a precious (and lovely) Titan Automatic Winding watch besides the regular Titans, Timex and some others.
Old 24th May 2011, 20:58   #970
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I got a genuine watch and it came in a Casio box other than the carton where you can keep the watch for years.

Attachment 546604

Also made a cross check with the local dealer and confirmed that its an original piece. According to him its a good deal as he cant match with that price. Yes its coming along with the invoice and Casion one year warranty too.

If anything goes wrong, you can always raise a claim within 20 days for the refund and EBay is too open for genuine reasons.

@akhilesh, the seller name is timeclubindia

here's my bid details:
eBay India: EDIFICE EF534D-1AV Chronograph Mens Watch (item 300540935287 end time 02-Apr-2011 17:00:00 IST)
With that price in mind I still have doubts. My friend's Casio also came in original 'looking' box and the manual but the quality, printing and smaller details were a dead giveaway.
Did you try and use chronograph functionality? I still think its a high quality fake. You wouldnt get it for the same price in US? How can he offer it for the this price in India is beyond me.
Old 24th May 2011, 22:49   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Zappo on for the new Seiko, is it an Automatic? and can you please post a pic of your new Seiko?

BTW, I am a big fan of Seiko watches
Old 24th May 2011, 23:20   #972
AWD
BHPian

One of the Casio's that I have: [COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.casio-intl.com/wat/watch_detail/?m=EF-550D-1AV&n=436[/COLOR]
Old 25th May 2011, 01:52   #973
BHPian

Past:
Managed to break a couple of Timex Ironman datalinks in the past. I really liked the one which could read data off a CRT monitor, the other one had USB connectivity.

Which watch do you own?-411pxtimex_ironman_triathlon_datalink.jpgWhich watch do you own?-t53722.jpg

Present:
Have a couple of chronos from Timex and Swatch (nothing exciting!). This is what I wear outdoors - Casio Protrek PRG-130T. Used it quite a bit during the last year trip to the mountains, but havent yet read the full manual to see if I've missed something.

Which watch do you own?-prg130t7v_l.jpg

Future:
Waiting for the right time to pick up an Ecodrive!

Which watch do you own?-919euslxzds__aa1500_.jpg OR Name:  10461551citizenmensperpetualcalendarecodrivewatch.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  38.7 KB

PS: The pics are sourced from different websites for illustrative purpose only and the copyright would be with the respective owners/websites.
Old 25th May 2011, 11:11   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
With that price in mind I still have doubts. My friend's Casio also came in original 'looking' box and the manual but the quality, printing and smaller details were a dead giveaway.
Did you try and use chronograph functionality? I still think its a high quality fake. You wouldnt get it for the same price in US? How can he offer it for the this price in India is beyond me.
I hope our local shop who is also dealing in C Edifice cant be mistaken. He only assured that its a genuine one. I dont know how they tackle the pricing, there are other things I've bought from Ebay which was very costly in local shops. Last Oct I bought a Olympus SPU 600Z for just 10990 where the street price was above 13K, another one Nikon CoolPiX L100 for 8440/ where the market price was 11K and all came along with the manufacturers warranty.

Yes I've checked the Chronograph functionality, this is my second analog chrono watch.

Last edited by sajjt : 25th May 2011 at 11:13.
Old 25th May 2011, 13:20   #975
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I hope our local shop who is also dealing in C Edifice cant be mistaken. He only assured that its a genuine one. I dont know how they tackle the pricing, there are other things I've bought from Ebay which was very costly in local shops. Last Oct I bought a Olympus SPU 600Z for just 10990 where the street price was above 13K, another one Nikon CoolPiX L100 for 8440/ where the market price was 11K and all came along with the manufacturers warranty.

Yes I've checked the Chronograph functionality, this is my second analog chrono watch.
As I told these are very high quality fakes and 99/100 people won't be able to make out unless you have a very very keen eye. In case of my friend, a semi circle on one of the chronography dial wasn't aligned.

He spoke to the seller, who agreed instantly to take the watch back once he threatened to take the watch to a casio warranty outlet.

This is the seller from which he bought his from.
elanwatch701 | eBay

Most Viewed