Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 23:20   #2791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I feel Team-Bhp as a community of aware and responsible drivers can do much more with regards to road safety. Specifically, taking up initiatives to encourage safer driving.
I am sure we all do it in our own fragmented ways, but a consolidated planned approach would be more effective.

I sincerely wish to create a difference. Road manners are quite poor in India.

Thoughts please...
One of the easiest to do is the spread the message conveyed in 'Accidents in India' thread.

I do send the message across to colleagues and friends frequently.

Consolidated planned approach - well, an relationship with media/NGOs to publish content of this thread (and similar threads) may be one idea. Though I am not convinced with this myself - would not want to compromise on the integrity of the forum with commercial relationships.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:46   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
One of the easiest to do is the spread the message conveyed in 'Accidents in India' thread.

I do send the message across to colleagues and friends frequently.

Consolidated planned approach - well, an relationship with media/NGOs to publish content of this thread (and similar threads) may be one idea. Though I am not convinced with this myself - would not want to compromise on the integrity of the forum with commercial relationships.
I find that shock holds attention for a very short span of time. I do however bore all my friends with reasons why one should drive safe and what constitutes it.

The accidents thread won't leave much of a mark on people.

However, a one on one interaction through which you explain the need for road safety would help.

I have a few ideas, would be glad to be part of the initiative if and when the mod team and the other members approve.
Old 6th March 2010, 01:52   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I feel Team-Bhp as a community of aware and responsible drivers can do much more with regards to road safety. Specifically, taking up initiatives to encourage safer driving.
I am sure we all do it in our own fragmented ways, but a consolidated planned approach would be more effective.

I sincerely wish to create a difference. Road manners are quite poor in India.

Thoughts please...
Thats good concept EssYouWe! Maybe a "drive safe rally" along with a stall, presentations & handouts about safety on the roads?
Old 6th March 2010, 08:04   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Maybe a "drive safe rally" along with a stall, presentations & handouts about safety on the roads?
TEAM-BHP rally.

I think that is an extremely good idea. It jells well with the driving aspect which many members are passionate about.

Driving for a cause!!!
Old 6th March 2010, 09:11   #2795
Distinguished - BHPian

DRIVE SAFE DAILY !

Rather than a one time rally, why not sport this sticker on the cars, so that the message is seen by more people, over a wider area, and for a longer time ? Any responses you get to your stickers is an opportunity to tell the other person in a more personalized & better way.
Old 6th March 2010, 10:32   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
DRIVE SAFE DAILY !

Rather than a one time rally, why not sport this sticker on the cars, so that the message is seen by more people, over a wider area, and for a longer time ? Any responses you get to your stickers is an opportunity to tell the other person in a more personalized & better way.
Unfortunately I saw precisely the opposite. A car with TBHP 'Drive Safely' sticker being driven rashly. Cutting lanes, sudden acceleration followed by sudden braking. Lots of other stickers also, like K&N, some racing related etc.

Looked like the car belonged to an 'enthusiast'. Person driving may or may not be a member.

I was not impressed. Not sure what message general public gets.
Old 7th March 2010, 00:32   #2797
Senior - BHPian

We on our own part should drive safe and educate the people close to us.

But I was wondering if we can make a larger difference. A T-Bhp rally would be a great start, I guess.

I however doubt many members would be willing to participate.

Lets see what the mods think. They usually come up with better ideas.

Cheers!
Old 7th March 2010, 12:42   #2798
BHPian

I have a suggestion to include stickers for bikes too for area like the rear number plate et al.
Old 7th March 2010, 13:29   #2799
BANNED

Team-bhp Calendar March 2010..waiting For Mods Approval..

hey was very bored so made this calendar i hope theres no problem i related it to TEAM-BHP.... its size is approx. 3MB so couldn't upload it but clicked its pic from mobile and uploading that so if moderators approve this calender i can upload the original one (its very clear)

mods if it shouldn't be here please delete it..
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-calen.jpg  

Old 7th March 2010, 21:41   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Nice one mate. Mods can we also not have it standardized like the stickers and send them to all members who buy them?
Old 7th March 2010, 22:08   #2801
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Nice idea.

How about featuring Team BHP members cars here next time?
We could conduct a poll on which cars should be featured.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:18   #2802
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Nice idea.

How about featuring Team BHP members cars here next time?
We could conduct a poll on which cars should be featured.
The Auto-image thread would be a good place to start looking. Nice idea , but the current set of pics dont do justice to a 'team-bhp' calender.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:21   #2803
Senior - BHPian

I wish, you could coordinate with the support team and put the updation and scheduled maintenance of the website on the calander as well, It causes a lot of anxiety and troubles . Also some meet dates.

Pramod
Old 7th March 2010, 22:25   #2804
BHPian

Super effort...
Just a few suggestions... If you can mark major auto events across the world or the ones that matter to T-BHP members on this it will be great . Like Auto shows coming up, T-BHP meets that are already planned, any races in India or Abroad like F1 that we need to look out for. That would make it the perfect calendar for Team BHPans.

I also suggest that we can keep a thread open to discuss the events that should go into the next month's calendar.

I would be really happy to see these calendars being available in standard desktop resolutions so that we can keep them on the desktop backgrounds. If you need tip on this PM me.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:14   #2805
BHPian

Team-BHP themes

Hello friends,

Here I am posting some sticker/general themes for our community. Was totally crazy for some days and these are the products

Enjoy

vok
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-teambhp_arial_fin.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-teambhp_iam_ungrpd.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp_big_trucka4.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-teambhp_arial_fin1.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-renault-clio_silver_strip_tbhpsticker.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks