Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 18:56   #3601
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Can we make the "Previous" (<) & "Next" (>) links slightly bigger. I mostly read the posts on my phone and it is difficult to click the correct page link.
Cheers
Old 21st April 2011, 19:03   #3602
Senior - BHPian

Is the thank you button only for members? Can any anonymous/non member reader thank for the info? This could be meaningful as the readership of the forum is so high that you get to know how much of the information that you posted really helped. As for the members I feel the emotional part of writing a thank you note will get converted to formal button click.

Anyways Thanks GTO for the feature. The button also clicked.

Last edited by laluks : 21st April 2011 at 19:06.
Old 21st April 2011, 19:11   #3603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
you will have an option to switch the PM-when-quoted function off.
The option seems to be there already
Old 21st April 2011, 19:25   #3604
BHPian

GTO,
nice feature of 'thanks' although makes things a bit more mechanical but can be helpful in reducing the 'thanks' posts all across

Also, I have not seen an equally extensive coverage for bikes, like we have amazing TD and reviews for cars, ownership, forums like 'Indian Car scene', now that our bike (local as well as import) market is on a roll, we should start targeting that also. Something similar to the segment 'Indian Cars', there should be a section 'Indian Bikes / Bikes in India'.

There are quite a few experienced bikers and owners (across bike categories) who can definitely add value in a similar participative and expressive manner like we've for cars.

Also, the segment 'Indian Cars' should be retitled as 'Cars in India', there are imports being posted there and those are not Indian cars.

Last edited by AltoHoncho : 21st April 2011 at 19:29. Reason: needed to add some more thought
Old 21st April 2011, 19:33   #3605
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

After extensive thought, we've proceeded with the "Thank You" feature. Please don't suggest removing it as we're beyond there.

Our main reservation against this hack was clutter (BHPians like it simple). We think we've taken care of that aspect very well by the + / - (expand / collapse) box. Thus, by default, if a post even has a 100 thanks, it doesn't clutter up the thread view at all.

There are a lot more tweaks pending to this hack, and which you'll see over the coming days.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2011 at 19:55.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 20:36   #3606
BHPian

Thank you - New feature on T-BHP!

A nice feature to have. There are so many useful posts, and sometimes cant be thanked enough. Thanks! button is also a good way to reduce some 'Thanks' posts. But is there a way to undo these 'Thanks', as its quite possible to click on it whilst scrolling, thus evoking a . ("Did I just thank him for congratulating XXX on his new car?").

If the "Like" button is not trademarked, we could consider using that. +1 too.

EDIT: Looks like its disappeared. Apologies if the post now sounds stupid.
EDIT 2: Looks like it hasnt. This does stupid now

Last edited by Recompose : 21st April 2011 at 20:46.
Recompose is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 20:43   #3607
Senior - BHPian

Re: Thank you - New feature on T-BHP!

I for one, am already using this, and though I felt that LIKE was more generic and covered a wider variety of situations, THANKS is also fine.
Old 21st April 2011, 20:49   #3608
BHPian

very nice feature but yes do incorporate a way to unthank if accidently clicked like on pagalguy.com forums , also how about a no thanks button for the useless posts just below thanks buton ??
Old 21st April 2011, 20:52   #3609
Senior - BHPian

Guys! don't you feel that we are being too finicky about this "Like/ thank" button. Please read thru' the quoted text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, After extensive thought, we've proceeded with the "Thank You" feature. Please don't suggest removing it as we're beyond there.
There are a lot more tweaks pending to this hack, and which you'll see over the coming days.
Looks like the support team have come up with this idea after much deliberation. Lets not be very finicky about this.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st April 2011 at 21:27. Reason: Posts moved to this thread. Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 20:57   #3610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

After extensive thought, we've proceeded with the "Thank You" feature. Please don't suggest removing it as we're beyond there.

Our main reservation against this hack was clutter (BHPians like it simple). We think we've taken care of that aspect very well by the + / - (expand / collapse) box. Thus, by default, if a post even has a 100 thanks, it doesn't clutter up the thread view at all.

Thanks

GTO, was interested to see if the number of Thanks has any relevance on the Grade of the member.

For e.g. are you planning to graduate a Sr. BHPian to a Distunguished BHPian based on the number of Thanks he receives. Or will it not have any impact on his grading.
Old 21st April 2011, 20:58   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Lets not be very finicky about this.

IMO, this doesn't really deserve a separate thread as this will turn out to be an unproductive endless discussion. Let's use this feature if we like it or ignore it if we don't. It is as simple as that.
I'm not against the 'Thanks' button at all! I appreciate it as a feature. All I'm saying is there should be as option to undo it, as sometimes, it can sound really irrelevant if you click it whilst scrolling down.

Example : "Did I just thank XXX for congratulating YYY on YYY's new car?".

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st April 2011 at 21:26. Reason: Note for mods removed as post was moved to this thread. Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 21:12   #3612
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,

Thanks
Thanks GTO, happy to see new features around. And I personally liked the 'Thank you' feature, and also the PM when quoted option. By the way, what is the 3rd addition?
Old 21st April 2011, 23:50   #3613
akp
BHPian

I fail to see how it would make one's forum experience more complex. On the contrary, this would eliminate posts that basically contain a "thank you" message, along with possibly some useless sentences to cross the minimum qualifying word limit. If someone has something good/interesting to post along with his "thank you" message, he is free to do that anyway, the button does not stop him.

Thanking someone for something useful is just good manners, that's all. Where do you see "insecurity" and "flattery" in it?

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2011 at 01:01. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:22   #3614
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish that those that have things to say about THANKS would, please, rewind this thread, where they will find the matter extensively discussed. Probably most of the points, for and against, were made then.

To those who missed it at the time, well, I guess you missed it Please, at least give the thing a few months before complaining. Anyway: it is easy enough to ignore.

I've noticed some people posting, "I thanked you." That is one of the things that was discussed: the THANKYOU as an alternative to those short posts.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:37   #3615
Team-BHP Support

The 'Thanks' button seems to have been integrated pretty well. Better than when it was being 'tested' yesterday! Good job Rush!

For some of us regular members, it's different and might take some getting used to. So what would be the other 2 new features?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks