Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians-451.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilt (Post 4627357)
I have two suggestions:

One:
The TeamBHP thread on "how to sell your car" has a lot of information, but I believe it needs to be updated with Fastag information, considering how it is now mandatory to have Fastag.

I had posted questions here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4627352

These are what need updating in the advice post.

Two:
The search function does not like words with three letters or fewer (could be two letters or fewer). Just now I searched for "How to sell your car" to look for that thread, and I got a message saying "to" only has two letters and therefore it cannot search for the thread.

Is this a configurable setting; and if it is, could you just not set it to anything? Or, if that were not possible, then could you at least ignore the two letter word and search for the other words mentioned in the search term? Thank you.

Cheers

One suggestion I have is this:

When someone makes a suggestion, it would be good if the mods would respond to the poster about whether the suggestion will or will not be implemented and why.

Right now it feels as though we are merely shouting into a vacuum with no indication of whether we were even heard or just being ignored etc.

Case in point is my suggestion that I have quoted here. I had not only made a suggestion (that I consider valid - probably I am the only one who thinks so); but also outlined a problem that other members too face. Absolutely no indication as to whether anything was/is/will be done about it.

Thanks and cheers

Why is it that one can't read the voting results after one has voted in a poll? On the contrary, the voting results are accessible before one votes. Wouldn't it be better the other way around to prevent prejudice? Also, voting results could be prevented from view for non members or if not logged in.

Can we have a map of Indian highways, in which BHPians could geo-tag their favoured rest stops and eating joints, so that it's easier to plan for newbies who are also going to undertake the same route?

I'd suggest the mods to update official reviews with Global NCAP safety rating (or Bharat NCAP when it comes) as and when results are declared. I presume this won't be a difficult task because only a handful of cars go for crash tests and that too with a gap of few months.

Safety rating can be mentioned separately in the first post after likes & dislikes section. This will help uninformed buyers make a more calculated decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilt (Post 4663269)
One suggestion I have is this

I second that.

Two suggestions :

1) Always put in the year of introduction in the title of new car reviews. It makes it easier especially for cars with multiple generations.

2) A recent thread revealed how very few car models in India get an Anti corrosion Zinc dip even though it doesn't cost much got me thinking. Reviewers can ask manufacturers and put down details of anti corrosion treatments done to a car and put it down in the thread, specifically ask about Zinc treatment and why they haven't done it when it would only add marginally to the manufacturing cost. Corrosion is a big problem with cars in India and we buyers need to know what steps have been taken by carmakers to reduce the effects of rust.

Has the default font size for the mobile site been changed? The mobile site (not app) seems to have a much larger font now, than say, a few days ago. I use Firefox and while all the other pages seem to show the earlier default android system font size, the team bhp mobile site has a much larger font size.

It appears that something was fixed. The font sizes have returned to what it used to be. Thanks.

Note: I had not changed any setting or the browser app on my phone. I have not restarted it either.

There could be a section dedicated for organizing trips where other BHPians could join. Traveling with other members could work out in terms of cost and planning.

Alternatively, Team-BHP could also host an annual vacation to some place each year. That would end up generating a small revenue for the portal, and amazing deals for the participants.

Have noticed the website being down a little past midnight the last couple of days. Before that, it used to be down randomly in the evenings too. Hope the root cause can be identified and attended to, soon. Thanks!

We need a "Add to favourites" button to add useful posts to our collection.
We like various posts but all cannot be favourite posts.

Have some suggestion.

There are many threads where people have started it, got hundreds of likes, discussed and finally the thread is not updated by the thread starter.
The moderators must urge them to update the thread as it actually does not make any sense.

Eg.1: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...not-india.html

Eg. 2: Mahindra XUV500 airbag failure.

Got the T-Bhp stickers after being a member here and have them on my car.
Also, I love riding motorcycles but the Live to "Drive" , dose not really suit a motorcycle.
On the motorcycle I have the "www.team-bhp.com" sticker.
So Dear Mods and Admins, how about a "Live to Ride" sticker for the motorcycle enthusiasts among us.

Can we please have the ability to 'mark' threads? Or tag them as favorites.

I know I can subscribe to threads, but I dont to have a collection of - lets say 'Favorite threads'. Right now what I have done is created a TBHP folder in my favorites and added those threads in there - works for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJ01 (Post 4719530)
When we quote other posts, we can see them as called out in your message / post.

Is there a way we can hyperlink that message? So if I see a message quoted by someone and want to read through that original quoted message, I could click on that message and go to that post.

The small red and white triangle does exactly that. Try it above

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharktale (Post 4672511)
Can we have a map of Indian highways, in which BHPians could geo-tag their favoured rest stops and eating joints, so that it's easier to plan for newbies who are also going to undertake the same route?

Nifty feature. Me seconds this!