Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 11:22   #3346
BHPian

need help!

hey Fellas

umm i have been on this forum for past 2 yrs very inactive must say. I get tied up with a lot of things. I still wanna know whats the latest things going on here and the auto industry and i own a scorpio so would love to know when the forum is speaking something about scorpio. how do i do it. i have subscribed to a few threads but usually the threads die out in a while. how do i be updated regularly on the ups and happenings can i subscribe to the forum feed somewhere or is there another way? thnx for the help in advance.

Cheers all you guys!
Old 16th November 2010, 13:27   #3347
Distinguished - BHPian

You can click on the new posts button on top. All active topics are displayed there.

From your user cp, you can select which forums interest you and only new posts from those forums will be shown when you click new posts button.

Go through the FAQs section for more details. Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ
Old 16th November 2010, 16:19   #3348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Mods:

How about sending mass PM to the users when you post a new car reviews in Sub-forum: Official new Car Reviews?
Uh, why? I'm not interested in the new car reviews.
Old 16th November 2010, 19:57   #3349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Am getting the following error when trying to open the scale model thread:

Fatal error
: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/teambhp/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php(296) : eval()'d code on line 23

But everything else on BHP is working just fine.
Still not solved & still cant get access to the thread. Shows the same error.
Old 16th November 2010, 19:59   #3350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Fatal error
: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/teambhp/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php(296) : eval()'d code on line 23

Same here. page 618 is not working. Very weird! In fact, I even posted in the thread but can't see my post since the page isn't loading.

Last edited by theragingbull : 16th November 2010 at 20:00.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:10   #3351
BHPian

Firefox and IE difference w.r.to team bhp

Am normally use firefox at home/office. However seems weblink is not enabled for firefox + team-bhp.

OS - Windows 7
Firefox - 3.6.12

Is that the case for all, or only am getting this problem?

Regards,
Kumaravel
Old 19th November 2010, 14:31   #3352
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I was thinking if it is possible to get notifications if someone quotes you. Like the facebook notifications, when someone comments on a post.
Believe it or not, I'd made exactly this suggestion to vbulletin a while back. Someone pointed me to a hack that accomplishes the same thing. Shortlisted for the next time we update our software

The list of posts where you've been quoted will show up on your user profile page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
In the index list, next to the thread starters handle, please give the date/ time when it was started. Enough screen real estate for that.
Will make it too cluttered, Sutripta. Also, for relevant (timeless) threads, it doesn't make a difference whether the thread is new or old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Every once a while, after I have posted a thread/reply, the page blanks out. On going to the previous page, I get the "Reply to thread" or "Post new thread" page.
Not faced this issue, nor have received any complaints from other BHPians. It's definitely your computer, browser or internet connection acting up.

Quote:

Fatal error

Thanks. The problem has been sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
I'm back with the same old problem. I cannot upload pics from mobile. Maybe its just me my browsers and my phones. But I have to switch to another skin->go advanced->manage attachments->upload and it STILL doesn't do it.
Does it throw out an error? If so, what does the error message say? If not, what is the image file type & size?

Quote:
Some pics are hyperlinked so it is possible to view them. In other places it says 'attached:' but there is no link and it happens to me especially in the stickers thread.
Quote:
Its not too relevant but Signature is not quoted from t-bhp mobile. That's odd it should get quoted irrespective of if I am in mobile skin or not if I have opted for it.
We want the mobile skin to stay "super light". Thus, except for thread titles & post content, everything else is disabled.

Quote:
Is it possible to get an app for t-bhp for phones. It would make life MUCH easier for people like me!
Check this one created by BHPian Thamban (for Nokias only).

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
MODS : Can we have a separate section for short queries; questions or doubts that need a one-line answer and do not warrant a discussion.
One of the main purposes of this forum . However, we'd rather members ask the smaller questions in an existing thread (example : the abs question on an existing Corsa review thread) rather than open new threads for the smallest of q's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Mods:

How about sending mass PM to the users when you post a new car reviews in Sub-forum: Official new Car Reviews?
We only want to send mass PMs & Emails for important announcements relevant to Team-BHP, as a whole. Plus, not everyone's interested in the new car reviews section.

What you can do, Latheesh, is subscribe to the official car reviews forum sub-section! Objective met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
Am normally use firefox at home/office.
Could you please explain again the problem that you're facing? I know that a lot of BHPians use firefox without complaint on Team-BHP.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:56   #3353
BHPian

Smallest was 716x536 95.4 kb and largest 1600x1200 403.5kb tried uploading together and then tried one at a time. The error I got was that the server has taken too long to respond. I used to be able to upload from my z550i now I'm on my blackberry. I tried with opera and BB native.

Is there anyway to turn whatever I need on. Or a provision can be made to just turn on thumbnails.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:55   #3354
Senior - BHPian

is teambhp server having bandwidth problem?
because in last 20 minutes the teambhp web page was not responding . (thrice)
the status bar keep showed -Waiting for www.team-bhp.com

at the same time i was able to open other sites but not tbhp.

sorry for OT.

edit happened again while posting.

Last edited by jeepster : 19th November 2010 at 15:57.
Old 19th November 2010, 16:00   #3355
BANNED

Visting UserCP page with BHP Mobile skin gives different stuff.

With my default Skin (BHP Silver), when I visit the UserCP page (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/usercp.php), I see lots of new subscribed threads. However, when I change my skin to BHP Mobile, I do not see anything related to subscribed threads at all. Is this intentional?
Old 19th November 2010, 16:10   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
is teambhp server having bandwidth problem?
because in last 20 minutes the teambhp web page was not responding . (thrice)
the status bar keep showed -Waiting for www.team-bhp.com
Happened with me too.
Old 20th November 2010, 14:29   #3357
BHPian

firefox 3.6.12 & windows 7 problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Could you please explain again the problem that you're facing? I know that a lot of BHPians use firefox without complaint on Team-BHP.
I use Windows 7, firefox 3.6.12 at office.

None of the menu items in the editor where all the menu icons like Bold, Italics, .... weblink ... are enabled in firefox. I had to plainly type and post.

In IE 8.0 , Windows 7 it worked correctly.

At home I didnot face this problem where I use Mac, Firefox 4.0.1 Beta / chrome.

Regards,
Kumaravel
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:56   #3358
BHPian

Dear Team

there is a thread about spottings of tbhp stickers, could we divide the thread city wise or atleast region wise i.e north/south/east/west.

It would be easier to view then.

Mansi
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:37   #3359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
I use Windows 7, firefox 3.6.12 at office.

None of the menu items in the editor where all the menu icons like Bold, Italics, .... weblink ... are enabled in firefox. I had to plainly type and post.

In IE 8.0 , Windows 7 it worked correctly.

At home I didnot face this problem where I use Mac, Firefox 4.0.1 Beta / chrome.

Regards,
Kumaravel
I upgraded to the Firefox 4.0.1 Beta and the problem vanished. I suppose this is a problem with firefox 3.6.12.
Old 24th November 2010, 21:16   #3360
BHPian

I wan't to know why every member's profile it is given that X is not a member of any public groups. I tried to see more explanation on it in rules but couldn't find anything.
Can any one explain it.Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks