Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Not able to access T-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
. . .
Can we have options to share (on social website) as an option available on every thread/post as a part of the forum? A lot of our threads/posts can be made available to a large(r) audience just by having this facility. Currently the option is to copy the link and go to the social forum and do the needful.

Something like this, that is becoming a common feature across all mediums (blogs/websites/forums/etc)
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-share.jpg

P.s. That youtube video snapshot is one that has been uploaded by a bhpian on the Jokes thread. Currently going to the original video to share the same on my FB page. A lot better (for me and the forum) if I could just share the post link itself from this forum.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 23rd June 2013 at 19:51.
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:59   #5282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Can we have options to share (on social website) as an option available on every thread/post as a part of the forum? A lot of our threads/posts can be made available to a large(r) audience just by having this facility. Currently the option is to copy the link and go to the social forum and do the needful.[/i]
I'm not sure if what your looking for is a facebook like or +1 on every thread page? If that's the case then it is already there. Just take a look at the top of every thread next to linkback and thread tools.
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:39   #5283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I'm not sure if what your looking for is a facebook like or +1 on every thread page? If that's the case then it is already there. Just take a look at the top of every thread next to linkback and thread tools.
My bad. Didn't notice this was already available at the thread level.

Thanks!
Old 26th June 2013, 00:30   #5284
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

IIRC, earlier, when we clicked a "Thumbnail" in Team-BHP Garage, we could navigate to the next / previous snap by pressing the right / left key. Though a similar feature is available for the links under "Full Size Image Pages", but not the convinience of navigating using the left / right keys. Has this feature been disabled or is my memory failing me?
Old 26th June 2013, 12:11   #5285
BHPian

I have noticed that too. It was more user friendly before.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:21   #5286
Team-BHP Support

It will be nice if the home page free download link for iPhone and Android apps can actually show iPhone/iPad and Android.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-teambhp-home.jpg

And a couple of suggestions on the placement of some of the threads:
  1. I feel the thread How do you stick a bell on a wall? (Pics of Quirky Signs) is more suited for the Shifting Gears section. This is treated more like a jokes thread.
  2. 3 threads related to Team-bhp mobile skin, iPhone/iPad app, and Android app goes under this section Team-BHP Apps & Mobile Access. Basically this covers the aspects related to the forum interfaces on different media. With that logic, I feel this thread on Suggestions for Team-BHP is probably more suited under this section, rather than Shifting Gears. Because the suggestions mainly are on Team-bhp’s PC/Laptop interface.
Old 27th June 2013, 19:10   #5287
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm unable to upload any image from my phone to site. Is there any problem at the other end?
Old 27th June 2013, 21:26   #5288
BHPian

Why don't we guys get a section that is specially dedicated to the videos uploaded to TB? That might enhance the ergonomics of the forum.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 28th June 2013, 20:48   #5289
BANNED

Suggestion: Can we have a quick log-in functionality on the main page. Currently, I type in team-bhp.com, then click on "Forum" to be able to enter my credentials. It may be nice to have the spaces for username / password right on the front page.
Old 28th June 2013, 21:57   #5290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Currently, I type in team-bhp.com, then click on "Forum" to be able to enter my credentials.
Why don't you access Team-BHP.com/forum directly (or add it in your bookmarks menu bar and click it straightaway) and then enter the credentials OR stay logged in?

This surely does reduce the steps and saves time.
Old 28th June 2013, 22:36   #5291
Senior - BHPian

I use the bookmark http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/usercp.php for the login prompt and to directly check out my subscribed threads.

Even without the bookmark, when I just type 't' in the browser location bar, the above link is shown as the first prompt. Just press the down arrow and press enter. Place the cursor on username field. Type in the user name (or in my case, double click on the field and it prompts my username from the cache(?)), press tab to move to the password field. Type in the password and press enter to see my 'New Subscribed Threads'.

On my unshared PC, I make use of the 'Remember me' option while logging in so that I can avoid entering the username password every time.
Old 28th June 2013, 22:53   #5292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

Why don't you access Team-BHP.com/forum directly (or add it in your bookmarks menu bar and click it straightaway) and then enter the credentials OR stay logged in?

This surely does reduce the steps and saves time.
You are right. I could do that. But, my suggestion was based on just general convenience for everyone. Having login points on the homepage will only add greater value.
Old 29th June 2013, 12:06   #5293
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a option to make the text Bold Italicised and Underline in the app version? It's really difficult if one tries to do it manually
Old 2nd July 2013, 19:00   #5294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Here, in the Travelogues section, the second(from the two marked) has been merged with the first. Then too, the second thread is displayed.
Sorry about that. Redirect removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Can we have India style comma separation instead of a US style comma separation for prices in "Classifieds"?
We did try for this when launching the Classifieds, however there were some underlying issues that made it a difficult switch at the time. We'll revisit this once we give the Classifieds a facelift. Ideally, I'd like to see "4.36 Lakhs" as an even easier-to-read price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Under our classifieds section could there be a 'Wanted' section?

People looking for a specific car/ vehicle can post their choice including colour, location and model/ variant.
Log into the Classifieds. Run a custom search for all the parameters you want. Click "Save this search" and activate "Auto-Notify".

You'll get an email if someone lists an ad which matches your search criteria. This is the closest we can get to a "wanted" section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
I would suggest to the moderators to delist these inactive members and give admission to new people who have been waiting for years to come into the forum.
Its not that we only have a specific amount of slots available. I think this has been discussed earlier in the thread too. Maybe search for "newbies" etc to find the relevant posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
IIRC, earlier, when we clicked a "Thumbnail" in Team-BHP Garage, we could navigate to the next / previous snap by pressing the right / left key.
Sorry about this. It broke when we changed something on the site, and fixing it is on the to-do list, but not very high up on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
It will be nice if the home page free download link for iPhone and Android apps can actually show iPhone/iPad and Android.
Well should it actually be iOS and Android then?

Regarding the thread locations, there's always multiple ways to look at it. For the threads you've mentioned that have been around for a while - its probably better to let sleeping dogs lie and focus on more important things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'm unable to upload any image from my phone to site. Is there any problem at the other end?
More details please. What phone is this? Was it through the browser or the app? Do you still face the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Why don't we guys get a section that is specially dedicated to the videos uploaded to TB? That might enhance the ergonomics of the forum.
Check this out! Youtube automatically puts together a list of all videos that are shared on Team-BHP

http://www.youtube.com/blogs/team-bhp-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Suggestion: Can we have a quick log-in functionality on the main page.
Unfortunately the credentials are not site-wide (/universal), so it wouldn't be correct to have the login box shown on every page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Can we have a option to make the text Bold Italicised and Underline in the app version?
Noted! Though currently there isn't any development happening on the app.

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd July 2013 at 19:07.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:10   #5295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Well should it actually be iOS and Android then?
Thanks Rehaan. I thought the app is slightly modified for iPad compatibility and hence the comment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks