Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 11:52   #5431
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What browser are you guys using? I can tell you what to do accordingly.
I am using Chrome v30.0.1599.101 m.

Tried fiddling with some settings but no go. Some help please! TIA.
Old 15th November 2013, 12:03   #5432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, this is happening because your browser has an option to show or hide the NON-httpS items when you're viewing a secure (httpS) page.

What browser are you guys using? I can tell you what to do accordingly.
Hey R,

Am using Chrome.
I Googled and came across THIS HELP link of Google Help.

So I went to the settings to check what settings are being applied by default and if I could make some changes to reflect non-https items too.

Below is what reflects in the settings:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-2.jpg

Anything else you could help me with, for Chrome ?
Old 15th November 2013, 12:10   #5433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, no changes.

You might have accidentally changed the zoom setting on your browser? (CTRL+Mousewheel). Hit CTRL+0 to reset it on most browsers.

cya
R
Zoom level is fine, I was speaking about the actual font and not the font size per se.

It is rendering in Verdana font for me now. I thought it used to be Calibri earlier. Accessing TBHP pages from google cache (Nov 12th data) still renders it in Calibri.

Even the border for the quotes seem to have changed. Strange, especially if there were no changes done.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-old-font.png
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-new-font.png
Old 15th November 2013, 14:22   #5434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Some help please! TIA.
Well i use Chrome too, and it loads images perfectly on httpS - so there's definitely a solution. We'll figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Anything else you could help me with, for Chrome ?
Could you change your image exception to this:
[*.]team-bhp.com

(Though i don't have any exception stored on my chrome).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
It is rendering in Verdana font for me now. I thought it used to be Calibri earlier.
I'm fairly sure Calibri wasn't the first choice earlier. Maybe some fonts have been replaced / are missing on your computer?

Also, maybe try clearing your cache.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th November 2013 at 14:24.
Old 15th November 2013, 14:37   #5435
Team-BHP Support

Question: Are you guys seeing a warning / pop-up / prompt anywhere saying something about "insecure content"?

Any other prompts shown when using httpS? Eg. about the certificate, etc.

Temp solution: There is a shield on the extreme right side of the address bar. Click it, and enable running insecure content. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent fix, or only for that session. Let me know.

cya
R
Old 15th November 2013, 23:17   #5436
Team-BHP Support

One suggestion regarding the stickers - the ones we have right now are those that are stuck on the front side of a part. Can we get those which could be stuck on the windshields from the inside? I get a feeling after some washes, the present stickers might peel off. With the windshield stickers stuck from the inside, this will never be a problem. TIA.

Quote:
Temp solution: There is a shield on the extreme right side of the address bar. Click it, and enable running insecure content. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent fix, or only for that session. Let me know.

cya
R
Shall try that tomorrow from work and let you know. I think I've tried everything possible so far. But not a big deal since we can always load the images on a different tab and Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V https:// to the URL. At least the forum and the contents load. Very strange it got flagged under Blogs!
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:45   #5437
BHPian

Not aware if this suggestion has been made already.
I feel more products can be added to the Team-BHP merchandise. For e.g. consider this list.

Team-BHP branded,

T-shirts
Aluminium water cans
Cushions
Umbrella
Mobile cases
Car cover
Something to fix on the dashboard (like an idol)
Car freshener - which can be fixed on the A/c vent.
Jackets etc.

T-shirts, Jackets and Umbrellas particularly create more brand visibility. BHPians who are in the software industry frequently travel abroad. It will be cool to see Team-BHP.com in the busy streets of Newyork, Royal London subway and in the Dutch backwaters
Old 3rd December 2013, 16:47   #5438
Distinguished - BHPian

I wish that posting a link would just add a link to selected words, and not add the link title.

Example is this where all I want to see is the link-underlined word "this" and not the bracketed thread title.
Old 4th December 2013, 17:46   #5439
BHPian

There are many events going unnoticed by our members. So a small suggestion from my side - Can we add an "Events" tab to our home page's main menu? It may help people to keep track on upcoming events like meet ups, rides, auto shows etc.
Old 4th December 2013, 19:06   #5440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
There are many events going unnoticed by our members. So a small suggestion from my side - Can we add an "Events" tab to our home page's main menu? It may help people to keep track on upcoming events like meet ups, rides, auto shows etc.

Or in User CP page so that the home page layout is not disturbed but all members would see it. Its been a while since I've seen the home page as forums will have the threads for all news items in home page
Old 7th December 2013, 08:17   #5441
Senior - BHPian

How about starting a new section for the detailed technical specification of all the cars that were sold in India. Most of the official websites and other portals do not have the details of models that have been discontinued.

For example, it is very difficult to get spec of a pre-mpfi Zen or Esteem. For the few that give discontinued models, pre-2000 data is not stored anywhere.

With enough petrol heads around, we should be able to consolidate the details for even the cars that were sold before 2000, which rarely had a website for them in their age of glory.

Last edited by zenren : 7th December 2013 at 08:18.
Old 7th December 2013, 09:27   #5442
BHPian

Can we start a section where people (non-members) can ask questions related cars (selections, doubts etc) without being a member? I have seen many members, wanted to ask one or two doubts registers on Team-BHP and later they become inactive. The account will still remain there as a dormant one. Also it will reduce mods job.
Old 7th December 2013, 09:34   #5443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Can we start a section where people (non-members) can ask questions related cars (selections, doubts etc) without being a member? I have seen many members, wanted to ask one or two doubts registers on Team-BHP and later they become inactive. The account will still remain there as a dormant one. Also it will reduce mods job.
But the mods would then need to monitor all those posts as they would be more prone to be not in line with forum rules. Also given the both level of following that the forum enjoys, such a section would be a mine field that can go horrible out of control.
Old 7th December 2013, 10:17   #5444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But the mods would then need to monitor all those posts as they would be more prone to be not in line with forum rules.
Very valid point. The questions to those section can be pre-moderated before displaying. It's just a thought, it may requires manual intervention. The benefit is we will get members who are bit more active on this forum.
Old 7th December 2013, 10:52   #5445
Team-BHP Support

Guys, if it isn't too much to ask, please introduce auto-merging of consecutive posts from the same member. This can be done for a time period of say 20-30 minutes after the previous post.

It has been noticed that several times, members post one after the other instead of editing the previous post and as a result, those have to be reported and then a moderator merges it later on. This will save you guys some efforts and time as well.

TIA.

Most Viewed