Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 21:41   #3931
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

the issue of stickers on non-member vehicles have been discussed to death. Can we have a set of exclusive stickers for members. At least we can distinguish members and non-member cars.Agreed, the same condition applies here "what if a member gives a non-member sticker away?" I am sure no proud member of team-bhp will do that. Even if some does then the numbers will be limited. Also that can provide some more economic cushion for the functioning of the website and upkeep costs involved. I feel even merchandise like caps,T-shirts etc should be made available.
Old 10th July 2011, 22:02   #3932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Mods, what about the other suggestion I had made? Finding all posts by a certain user in a particular thread?
Yes, this suggestion seems pretty good. Let's say, I want to read a travelogue but to get a continuous flow, I could use this option and just see the posts made by the topic creator. The other posts get hidden, or maybe something like that. It will also save my time wandering through many pages looking for the next post.
Old 10th July 2011, 23:40   #3933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Yes, this suggestion seems pretty good. Let's say, I want to read a travelogue but to get a continuous flow, I could use this option and just see the posts made by the topic creator. The other posts get hidden, or maybe something like that. It will also save my time wandering through many pages looking for the next post.
That is possible, do an advanced search of the thread, and choose posts by xxxx. It hardly takes a minute.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 09:35   #3934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
the issue of stickers on non-member vehicles have been discussed to death. Can we have a set of exclusive stickers for members. At least we can distinguish members and non-member cars.Agreed, the same condition applies here "what if a member gives a non-member sticker away?" I am sure no proud member of team-bhp will do that. Even if some does then the numbers will be limited. Also that can provide some more economic cushion for the functioning of the website and upkeep costs involved. I feel even merchandise like caps,T-shirts etc should be made available.
i totally second that opinion!

baseball caps and t-shirts will be very much welcome!! how about key chains? not the 10/- kind but the good quality one with Team-BHP engraved on it. pens would also be a welcome addition!

also, if the exclusivity is given to only the members for the stickers and the price is increased slightly, i wouldn't mind paying the extra amount! then we know we'll be spotting only members, not wannabes and other anti-tbhp elements wanting to run the name of this community to ground
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 10:11   #3935
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi I had a small doubt. Sometimes when you post a reply, after posting you find that in the meantime someone else has posted something new to which you want to reply. But the Edit option only lets you edit the post that you just posted. You can't quote the new post that has come in. How do I get around this? Replying in an all together new post is against the rules within a few minutes of your earlier post.

Am I missing something here? If not can something be done about this?
Old 13th July 2011, 11:11   #3936
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi I had a small doubt. Sometimes when you post a reply, after posting you find that in the meantime someone else has posted something new to which you want to reply. But the Edit option only lets you edit the post that you just posted. You can't quote the new post that has come in. How do I get around this? Replying in an all together new post is against the rules within a few minutes of your earlier post.

Well the easiest way would be to try and make a new post quoting that post. But don't reply in the new post, as soon as the page opens to reply you copy the quoted message including the quote tags, and then go back and paste that while editing your old post.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:16   #3937
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

You can add quote additional posts even after you submitted your post. Here is what I do in such a scenario:
  1. Click Quote on the new post which came in, the quoted message will appear in the reply window. Select it (Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C)
  2. Click the Back button on the browser, get back to your post, and click the Edit button.
  3. Paste (Ctrl+C) the quote you copied in step 1, add in your response, mention the reason for editing, and Submit.
Not sure if there are better ways to do it.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:35   #3938
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I do not know where to post this. And I could not find any thing in search too. If some one knows direct me to correct thread or suggest me a solution to the problem.

I have this weird issue on my laptop (dell 630), windows xp and internet explorer 8. I do not get the multiple quote and thanks button some times. This issue was not there when I was on IE 6, but on IE 7 and IE 8 this issue creeps intermittently.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-thanks.jpg

Last edited by manishalive : 13th July 2011 at 11:38.
Old 14th July 2011, 09:19   #3939
Team-BHP Support

MODS: One small issue I noticed with the "Edit Profile" option. When I try to make some change and save my profile, it gives me this error

"A required field called Which Policy? is missing or has an invalid value."

The "Which Policy?" box says that one line suggestions are not accepted, and I need to keep the comment under 120 words.

Was this arrangement intended to make members give feedback? If so, why force the user to write Essays for a simple profile information change?

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th July 2011 at 09:22.
Old 14th July 2011, 09:33   #3940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Was this arrangement intended to make members give feedback? If so, why force the user to write Essays for a simple profile information change?
It is a vBulletin quirk. If a new mandatory profile field was added after you became a member, it will be empty. Next time you try to edit the profile, it will force you to fill that field. Nobody is spared. When I was forced to fill the field "Why Team-BHP?", I was already a moderator.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 10:56   #3941
BHPian

How about a 'Like' button for posts? There are times when I do not wish to 'Thank' the user for making the post but simply wish to convey that his post was good. 'Like' button would let me do that.
Old 14th July 2011, 13:53   #3942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
How about a 'Like' button for posts? There are times when I do not wish to 'Thank' the user for making the post but simply wish to convey that his post was good. 'Like' button would let me do that.
It's been discussed many times; Thanks button is in fact multi-purpose button for your likes, thanks, +1s etcetera. I don’t think that another button will add any value further and it will be quite boring also.
Old 15th July 2011, 10:04   #3943
BHPian

Have been facing this problem since early morning today. When I try to open the last page of the thread " How do you stick a bell on a wall? (Pics of Quirky Signs)", I get this response.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-sshot1.jpg
This is happening even after clearing the cache of the browser and is happening on different browsers as well.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 14:11   #3944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Have been facing this problem since early morning today. When I try to open the last page of the thread " How do you stick a bell on a wall? (Pics of Quirky Signs)", I get this response.
Attachment 577178
This is happening even after clearing the cache of the browser and is happening on different browsers as well.
whatever was the problem seems to have been fixed. i'm not getting that error.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:06   #3945
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't know if it's just me or others have seen this too - since last 10 days or so the count of my posts seems to be stuck though I've been participating in few threads-first it was stuck at 104 and now at 106 and there have definitely been more posts in the interim (I know it's just a number but seems to be not working/due for recount/update !).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks