Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 14:09   #4036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Is this some kind of a bug in the system? When I see the post by @Statement quoted here, it shows:
Posts 0
Thanks 1
Hey Potive, posts in certain sections of the forum does not count. In this case, I guess the its the Introduce yourself section. Hence the Post count is 0.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 14:14   #4037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hey Potive, posts in certain sections of the forum does not count. In this case, I guess the its the Introduce yourself section. Hence the Post count is 0.
Thanks dhanushs mate. Would it be the same for posts to this thread? I mean, there was that post by @Statement here as well.

Also, where can one see what posts are counted and which aren't? Just curious.

Thanks.

Edit: After posting to this thread just now, have noticed that the thread count didn't increase. The question about posts to which threads count and which don't remains.

Last edited by Poitive : 27th August 2011 at 14:16.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 15:07   #4038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dhanushs mate. Would it be the same for posts to this thread? I mean, there was that post by @Statement here as well.

Also, where can one see what posts are counted and which aren't? Just curious.

Thanks.

Edit: After posting to this thread just now, have noticed that the thread count didn't increase. The question about posts to which threads count and which don't remains.
please read the faqs:

Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ: Troubleshooting
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 15:51   #4039
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a couple of suggestions as of now-
The people who start a thread about car reviews or any other informative stuff must get back to their threads once in a while and update the questions asked if any.I had posted a query in Tata Nano review which has been left unanswered till now. Please help.
Secondly,i also request not to delete a thread but to please merge it with an existing thread.I had inquired about the process of registration transfer from my place to Gurgaon after searching the forums because there was no thread which cleared my doubts,i got a couple of replies on my thread which were useful but then the thread was deleted and i was stranded. Thankfully,it was managed by a local contact of ours at Gurgaon.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 27th August 2011 at 15:53.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 19:54   #4040
Senior - BHPian

An update on the ad problem: From home, when checking the site in Opera, the ad does not cover the Search box. It's only in the IE 8 from my laptop that this problem occurs.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 20:56   #4041
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
An update on the ad problem: From home, when checking the site in Opera, the ad does not cover the Search box. It's only in the IE 8 from my laptop that this problem occurs.
Maybe an issue with IE 8 compatibility. I also have the same issue on my laptop, and I am on IE 8 as well.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 00:07   #4042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Try using Google chrome,no issues with it.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 14:20   #4043
Team-BHP Support

today there was some thread named - "best enthusiast's car within 8L" or something similar. It seems to have been deleted now. I was participating in that that and was checking that thread for updates, but I couldn't locate that it anywhere (obviously). I was just wondering if it is possible for the team-bhp system to send an automated PM to all subscribed members (of such deleted threads) informing them that it has been deleted, or if it has been moved, it (PM) could contain the new location

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th August 2011 at 14:34. Reason: typo
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 14:25   #4044
Senior - BHPian

I too had posted an image in the non-auto image threads. Today morning I received a PM saying it had been deleted. No mention why.

The image was about a sign about safe driving. It does not contain any automobiles, but it is related to automobiles. I am confused as to where does it belong. I am also unable to understand why the post (if inappropriate where it was posted) could not be moved to the appropriate thread, if the mods differed with my opinion.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 18:09   #4045
Team-BHP Support

How about a thread or a ticker on the main page that lists any major news in the automotive world.

Often, there is some news which is just that - news. Someone creates a thread, there's no discussion on it as such, the thread gets lost somewhere.

A thread could compile significant news at one place; it would be read-only. Members could post news which would be visible once MODS approve it appropriate for the thread.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 18:20   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
The PM reaching the OP does serve a good purpose and takes care of why thread was deleted to him. However it isn't sensitive enough to the other people who have posted on the thread to help the OP. I feel that they too need to be addressed and acknowledged.

Taking this further below, if the above suggestion is not taken up and threads are created without approval we could consider what is there below.

What should happen when an inappropriate thread is closed - some thoughts:
  • The thread being moved to a new area of the forum where one can't post and doesn't interfere with the normal forum experience.
  • With the above, the posts are still available to be read, as some replies could contain good information.
  • The last post by mods to close the thread could contain the following:
    • Reason why the post was closed (the PM is sent anyway) - it would lead to others knowing why a thread is closed, which in turn would let others know what type of threads are acceptable and which aren't.
    • A link to the thread, where the topic should have been discussed
    • A link to guidelines to check before starting a new thread.
(The above should help in making fewer inappropriate threads)
  • If the above isn't done, the very least would be to merge threads, as suggested by honeybee as well. Given threads are merged in general, it may be a viable idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Secondly,i also request not to delete a thread but to please merge it with an existing thread.I had inquired about the process of registration transfer from my place to Gurgaon after searching the forums because there was no thread which cleared my doubts,i got a couple of replies on my thread which were useful but then the thread was deleted and i was stranded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
today there was some thread named - "best enthusiast's car within 8L" or something similar. It seems to have been deleted now. I was participating in that that and was checking that thread for updates, but I couldn't locate that it anywhere (obviously). I was just wondering if it is possible for the team-bhp system to send an automated PM to all subscribed members (of such deleted threads) informing them that it has been deleted, or if it has been moved, it (PM) could contain the new location
Thanks .anshuman, for clarifying the reason for thread deletion. Still my two cents, along with the above valid views.

It does feel a little curious when a thread with good discussion all around suddenly vanishes without a trace. Uncomfortable questions can also arise for the reason of the thread going missing.

Automated PM to all members regarding deletion/merging is a good idea. But a Guest User would still be left high and dry. A notification on the forum section can also be thought of in addition to PMs.
RadiantKarma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 12:54   #4047
Senior - BHPian

Is there some logistic issue with respect to the reviews.
There have been 4 new launches in Indian market (Swift, Jetta, Sunny and now Force SUV) but no reviews yet.
Hope the issue is not big enough to be worried.
Till we have an official review can we atleast have a small reviews with pics etc. So that people do not post thier first drive experience in an old thread.

Like for e.g. people have already started putting thier first review opinion on Swift thread. Now when the official review comes, this thread would get locked.
Thereby so many posts made by people and thier opinion would get lost
xingamazon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 16:03   #4048
Team-BHP Support

I was going through a MX6's travelogue; now this TL doesn't have any pics as such but has 2 videos.

Shouldn't there be the "Attachment" icon on the thread detail because there are the videos; there is none currently.

Is it designed this way?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 21:54   #4049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987
Is it designed this way?
Attachment refers to the images, documents, PDF files etc that are uploaded on to our server.

Technically the videos are NOT uploaded on to our server. MX6 have just embedded the Youtube video in the post. That's the reason why the attachment sign does not appear.

Hope this helps.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 18:33   #4050
Senior - BHPian

Hi GTO/Mods,

Can we now have Technical specification and features list for BIKES also? As the the first part for cars is almost complete.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed