Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 15:30   #5491
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
In your User CP, go to Edit Options, scroll down & check whether the Receive a PM when Quoted option is set to Yes.

If it is set to No, then set it to Yes, scroll all the way down & press Save Changes.
Some problem , need help
Yours was the last message I received after being quoted

some screen shots may help
1. Mpksuhas quotes me on 22nd Jan 23:49
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1.jpg
2.Receive PM when quoted is set to yes
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-2.jpg
3.The last PM i received
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-3.jpg
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:42   #5492
BHPian

The Bed & Breakfast Thread

Guys, I have been pondering about this aspect since a long time.
we all love to travel to different places for work or pleasure and invariably need a place to rest and have some grub.
So we inquire about the different routes / places to stay / places to eat at the place that we visiting in this very forum and get the cue and use those leads / replies to make our trip more pleasant.
and then the thought was that T-BHP is over 81000+ strong community. In fact a BHPian resides in every nook and corner of this country and abroad, bound by the brotherhood and though many of us have not met, I believe we are close to each ones heart.
So here I was Planning a ride to Pune and whom do I rely upon? of coarse my T-BHP friends and they set my compass right by guiding me appropriately. And then there I was thinking. Is it possible that some T-BHPians may have a pad with an extra bed to offer, may be some one can offer a home cooked meal to a tired traveller.
This is not a money spinning business in mind, but a gesture to reach out to a fellow BHPian and in the process bond stronger relationships and build lasting friendships (the money aspect will be secondary and limited to the bare economics but again not totally insignificant) and we have a win-win situation.

The mechanism of making it work is left to your imagination.
I don't even know if it is prudent to suggest such a thread in this forum, But no harm in trying and putting forth a thought.

So, if you are intending to travel to say Goa, you can post it in the thread like- travelling to Goa, Looking for Bed & Breakfast for 2 from this date to this date. If a fellow BHPian has a place or a couple of bed to spare, he can respond privately providing details. or at least he can guide you to a decent place.

This is very helpful when one is travelling to some remote areas in North eastern states or some smaller towns which may not have proper hotels but there may be a BHPian or two there.

I shall be happy if others put forth their idea to develop a robust support system in this context.
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:54   #5493
BHPian

Re: The Bed & Breakfast Thread

It is somewhat similar to the TBHP carpool thread but a good initiative nonetheless. I'd happily share my space with a fellow BHPian considering that recently I was treated with the same hospitality.
Turbo_Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:58   #5494
BHPian

For the new threads page, can we have all the new threads listed irrespective of when we last logged in. The way it is now, it show 1 or 2 pages of new threads. There are times when I login to check a particular thread and don't bother looking at the new threads. Especially while traveling.
If we could all the new threads listed in a chronological fashion it would be great.
Old 23rd January 2014, 23:53   #5495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I do not think you even understand what I meant. Have you checked forums where there is a chat section in there, please do. A chat section is a free field to talk about anything and everything.
This has been discussed before. The reason there is no chat feature because at team-bhp we want all information discussed to be available for everyone so that everyone benefits from the knowledge of one another. With chat the conversation would be lost or at best restricted to the individuals on chat.
Old 24th January 2014, 10:12   #5496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I am not able to get messages when someone quotes me in a thread . What could be the reason ? I clear my inbox and sent items regularly .
Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
In your User CP, go to Edit Options, scroll down & check whether the Receive a PM when Quoted option is set to Yes.

If it is set to No, then set it to Yes, scroll all the way down & press Save Changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Some problem , need help
Yours was the last message I received after being quoted
No PM if someone quotes you from the mobile app. Not sure if it is still the same with the new app launch.
Old 24th January 2014, 12:56   #5497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Why don't you add a map section in the website? There are many members who ask for directions and maps in the various threads. It will be good if there is a section where members can add maps to locations they have visited.
Google has "create map" feature which can be used to create such maps and shared within this section. Or maps to some frequently requested destination can already be uploaded which can act as a ready reckoner.
The maps can have markers (members can update them) like break points, food malls, places of interests, crucial road safety indicators, road side restaurants etc. I believe it will be a great feature to have in this forum.
What do you think??
I guess my suggestion got lost somewhere in the discussion!!
Old 25th January 2014, 10:18   #5498
BHPian

Just realised that you can't thank a post in the new app or see the thanks on a post. That's a major feature that's been lost in the update IMO.
Old 27th January 2014, 10:34   #5499
Senior - BHPian

Anyone get connected with Stickers? - if not can the mobile has a feature?

For the past 6 years by cars have the stickers, and I never get a chance to connect with anyone so far. When I see a car with Team-BHP sticker, I smile at my heart, sometime I chase for few minutes, sometimes If I see the again, I try to flash lights. But I never get a chance to meet anyone to exchange a word with anyone.
I see 5-6 cars daily on the road I live, I am sure all of them are living nearby. I have couple of cars in the same apartment I live.

We notice team-bhp members when the cars are moving, that too only from the back. So, Its not easy to catch each other to associate. :-)

When I was think about this I got an idea about using team-bhp mobile app to find fellow bhpian living around to socialize. Is that something can be done? With Google maps, I assume we can find other who live around us to speak to each other.

How do others create such association/friendship? any ideas to share?
Old 27th January 2014, 11:35   #5500
Senior - BHPian

Why is the quick navigation list removed from all the sub forums? It was a very good feature to use :(
Old 31st January 2014, 10:13   #5501
Senior - BHPian

I don't know where else to put this But some idiot is stealing posts & pictures from Team-bhp on putting up on his blog as his own posts..

For e.g this is was my post on T-bhp on the route to be taken for going from Somnath to Dwarka. There are many more posts stolen from team-bhp on his blog.

http://brandcarsfree.blogspot.in/201...l#comment-form

Seems there are more such posts stolen from t-bhp. Can this joker be pulled up in any way?

Last edited by skanchan95 : 31st January 2014 at 10:23.
Old 31st January 2014, 10:36   #5502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
I don't know where else to put this But some idiot is stealing posts & pictures from Team-bhp on putting up on his blog as his own posts..

For e.g this is was my post on T-bhp on the route to be taken for going from Somnath to Dwarka. There are many more posts stolen from team-bhp on his blog.

Seems there are more such posts stolen from t-bhp. Can this joker be pulled up in any way?
Sandesh, the blog is now not active. Last post was in 2011 Nov-Dec - more than 2 years ago. He copied articles and photos from you and others and created a blog. Then stopped it. He was active only for 2 months 2011 Sep-Nov.
Leave it, don't bother.
Old 31st January 2014, 10:38   #5503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post

Last post on that blog goes back to 2011 November with 0 followers till date. I guess the blog owner might have got bored of the copy-paste routine with no one caring about his blog!
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:17   #5504
Senior - BHPian

Found the below piece in FAQ - Troubleshooting:

Quote:
It may take the system upto an hour to update your post count or membership level. Also note that posts in some of the forums do not add up to the post count. The excluded forum sections are:

1. Introduce Yourself.

2. Shifting Gears.

3. Collection of the best threads.
Where is the "Collection of the best threads" forum section?
Old 7th February 2014, 16:37   #5505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I think the best time for Team-BHP to go Public is NOW. Its just the Finance Manager in me having a gut feeling.
Off my chest now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Are you the same guy that whispered in Zuckerberg's ear?...
Oops abit late... I'd meant Team-BHP as a company. Anyway.

-Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks