Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2014, 10:23   #5521

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@calypsogt, meet pictures are often circulated by members and Support team doesn't censor these unless they violate any of our guidelines- e.g. someone's personal details like full name, mobile number etc. are divulged without the specific member's consent. Sorry but publishing a picture taken presumably with the members' consent cannot be pulled down since it really doesn't violate any forum guidelines. Perhaps a better way would be not to pose for pics or specifically request the shooters not to publish your pics.
Sir my suggestion is to limit access to each and every part of the forum to the general public (non members). From the beginning I knew it's not feasible, but had that concern in my mind which I wanted to share. Would like to thank you for noticing it and I have no disregards towards members publishing pics inside the forum as they were within my consent.
Old 27th February 2014, 00:42   #5522
Distinguished - BHPian

My usual "portal" to the forum is the subscribed threads listing. I have a bookmark that take me to the very page.

Recently I have noticed that the read/unread mark is wrong. I might not have visited the site all day, but the listing shows all but a few most recent threads as read.
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:25   #5523
BHPian

Are we on BBM channels? Looked it up but could not find it.
Old 17th March 2014, 14:14   #5524
Senior - BHPian

I want to unsubscribe from all email notifications I get from my subscribed threads. Almost twice every week, I get a flood of emails from tbhp regarding my subscribed threads, which has become quite annoying. Is there any way I can get rid of it?

Spike
Old 17th March 2014, 14:29   #5525
Senior - BHPian

I guess you can do it page wise and not all threads at the same time. I could be wrong too.

Also ensure that your default subscription mode is set to "no email subscription" to prevent email subscriptions from newly subscribed threads.
Old 17th March 2014, 14:51   #5526
Senior - BHPian

^^Thanks, I have already set it to "no email subscription" mode, not sure if I can do anything else. Would wait for the next flood mail, to ascertain if it works or not.

Spike
Old 17th March 2014, 16:42   #5527
BHPian

Can we make the Give Away thread accessible only for members? Many times the coupon codes are being found invalid while checking out. This could be one reason for the problem or am I missing something?
Old 17th March 2014, 17:20   #5528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Can we make the Give Away thread accessible only for members? Many times the coupon codes are being found invalid while checking out. This could be one reason for the problem or am I missing something?
suggestion had been made to members not to post the coupons openly and to provide them to the people contacting them through PMs. however, members still continue to post the coupon/voucher codes openly.
Old 17th March 2014, 17:32   #5529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
suggestion had been made to members not to post the coupons openly and to provide them to the people contacting them through PMs. however, members still continue to post the coupon/voucher codes openly.
Agreed . But in my opinion, if we are able to restrict the access it will be better. This can make the process faster and more convenient for both the parties.
Old 17th March 2014, 18:45   #5530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could we have a separate thread for coupons and discount codes? Keeping give-aways for actual things?
Old 19th March 2014, 14:18   #5531
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Recently I have noticed that the read/unread mark is wrong. I might not have visited the site all day, but the listing shows all but a few most recent threads as read.
Hi Thad,

Unfortunately this might be being caused by the App (though I'm not 100% sure). Do you have that installed? Maybe try turning OFF notifications? (I still have to test this myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Are we on BBM channels? Looked it up but could not find it.
Not sure. There was an old thread here

Maybe you can ask again in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
I want to unsubscribe from all email notifications I get from my subscribed threads.
The setting you've changed so far is just for future subscriptions. It won't act retro-actively.

See my post here for how to turn off email subscriptions for your existing subs : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3109396

Quote:
Can we make the Give Away thread accessible only for members?
Nope sorry. We don't have thread-level control like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Do report posts / ask mods to put a bold warning in the thread if you see it being repeated. (I myself wasn't aware of this. It's a good idea).

Quote:
Could we have a separate thread for coupons and discount codes? Keeping give-aways for actual things?
Update : New thread here

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th March 2014 at 16:51.
Old 19th March 2014, 21:02   #5532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Thad,

Unfortunately this might be being caused by the App (though I'm not 100% sure). Do you have that installed? Maybe try turning OFF notifications? (I still have to test this myself).
Thank you for looking at this.

I don't use any APP, I only browse the site using Firefox at home.
Old 20th March 2014, 16:42   #5533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't use any APP, I only browse the site using Firefox at home.
Oh, that's strange.

The next time you log in and see this issue, look at the top-right of your screen, where it says "You last visited: xxxxx".

See if that time is accurate (within 60 minutes of the last time you actually visited), or if it is some in-between time.

Let me know.

cya
R
Old 20th March 2014, 17:05   #5534
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way to dig up official reviews of old cars? For example the SX4 or Fiesta 1.6S (If it was reviewed)
Old 20th March 2014, 17:58   #5535
Senior - BHPian

Is there a time interval at which the android app of team-bhp is updated?
Reason i am asking is because the January update wasn't good and i had to switch back to older version. So, just want to know when is next update scheduled.

Most Viewed