Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2005, 02:27   #1
BANNED

Spooky Experiences : Share them here

this might be a very exciting threat for everybody and a bit scary too

i would like people to share their experience or whatever they have heard about ghosts while driving

i have heard two stories

1st ...when i was a mid i heard my uncles talking about this experience...about 15 yrz ago from now...3 brothers..1 of them my uncle and his other two brothers...were going somewhere...some dark lane...city was not developed well....some places were too dark and like jungle ...trees all around...
there was nobody around and they were driving..it was a fiat and three fat brothers were sitting in front...on their way while driving..they saw this chic ..in 20's or early 30's looking kinda female...waiting for somebody to give her a lift or something i dont know...they took her in the car...she wanted to get dropped somewhere ...some funny place which does not exist...these three men were going straight..it was out of mumbai actually ...thats why i said that even the city was not developed so this place was complete dark and trees and all..there was just one straight road...no lights on streets...they were all shut and going straight..suddenly the girl asked them to stop the car and she wanted to get down at some place which was also completely dark and she could go nowhere from there....a "kabristan" which was 15 minutes walk from the place she got dropped...but they had already passed that kabristan ...she asked them to stop the car...they stopped..she got down said thanks..started walking back...these men were finding it funny...like spoke some crap about the female and laughed...the man who was driving just looked from the side mirror...and he her feet facing him but shew as walking the other way...no need to mention about how they felt that time..you guys will definately understand...still sometimes i feel it cannot happen but i have heard it from my uncle once and then second time too i heard from his brother...when i had gone for dinner...

2nd thing i heard recently....there is a place between lucknow and kanpur...as i go to kanpur once in three four years....i heard of this thing...no airport in kanpur so go to lucknow and drive to kanpur...between these to places..there is a village kind of place named unnav..u guys must have heard of it...it is said and believed and noticed that ...whenever there is no moon...known as "amavas ki raat" ...it is very risky to drive and pass that area...because every time when there is this amavas...1 car has a very dirty accident becuase of which all the passengers lose their lives...all the people in up prefer not getting out for a drive these nights..and even if they get out..they make sure they do not pass that area..
this is 100% true

mods : if this is a wrong post for this section..please shift it to shifting gears...as i really want to know about this..if anybody has faced anything like this...dont delete it please
also ..i have heard that on malabar hill if you see a person walking alone in white...is a ghost...im sure this is crap but how many of you guys have heard of this
Old 4th August 2005, 09:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

This happened to my wife and father-in-law in 2003. The road was NH-17 between Udupi and Mangalore. They were coming back from some function late at night. My wife was the front passenger and her dad was driving. There were 2-3 older women in the back including my mother-in-law.

At one place my FIL suddenly slowed the car because he saw something crawling on the road, figured it was some animal. As he closed the gap, it became clear that it was a human skeleton. Both he and my wife looked at each other and looked at it again and it was clear that the bare bones skeleton was crawling across the road and it finally got into the bush by the side of the road. They didn't inform the women in the back who were busy talking, and just continued driving in silence.

It could have been somebody playing pranks by dragging the skeleton by a thin dark rope. However, that must have been a scary moment.
Old 4th August 2005, 10:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
there was nobody around and they were driving..it was a fiat and three fat brothers were sitting in front...on their way while driving..they saw this chic ..in 20's or early 30's looking kinda female...waiting for somebody to give her a lift or something i dont know...they took her in the car...she wanted to get dropped somewhere ...some funny place which does not exist...these three men were going straight..it was out of mumbai actually ...thats why i said that even the city was not developed so this place was complete dark and trees and all..there was just one straight road...no lights on streets...they were all shut and going straight..suddenly the girl asked them to stop the car and she wanted to get down at some place which was also completely dark and she could go nowhere from there....a "kabristan" which was 15 minutes walk from the place she got dropped...but they had already passed that kabristan ...she asked them to stop the car...they stopped..she got down said thanks..started walking back...these men were finding it funny...like spoke some crap about the female and laughed...the man who was driving just looked from the side mirror...and he her feet facing him but shew as walking the other way...
wasnt there an exactly similar scene in a black n white bollywood horror movie? Bees Saal Baad was it?
Old 4th August 2005, 10:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai

It could have been somebody playing pranks by dragging the skeleton by a thin dark rope. However, that must have been a scary moment.
Might be. I remember the guys in our street used to fill the tea packets with mud, completely pack it back & throw it on the busy street to watch who is that guy picking it up.

My experience:

My house is located just one compound away from the burial ground. During my school days, I have made a room for me on the open terrace with hut. It has got no doors and just a cot.

One night, I felt as if someone entered the room, sat on me & pressing my neck to the core. I was trying different thing to pull that ghost or whatever it may be to the floor. I was shouting to the maximum, but my voice is not at all coming out. After struggling for 5-10 mins, I woke up with a jerk. I could realize that was a dream, but my whole body was soaked in sweat.

I had heard some of my friends have similar experience & some believe it was the act of the ghost, but I don't.

Any doctors (psychologist) out there in the forum who could throw some light
Old 4th August 2005, 11:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

hmmm ...
i dont believe in such things ..but did have a few strange experiences which i could not explain in our old house in windsor ...
girl screaming huge knocks on the main door .. creaking noises ,thuds in the attic (which was empty)
my friends inlcuding me felt shoves , slaps in our sleep...

i think such things are ebest forgotten ..more you think back more you'll start to believe and fear .
Old 4th August 2005, 12:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was shouting to the maximum, but my voice is not at all coming out. After struggling for 5-10 mins, I woke up with a jerk. I could realize that was a dream, but my whole body was soaked in sweat
felt the same thing last winter in our basement ... i felt paralysed ,couldnt speak ,felt like i was being pinned to the bed ,heard howls ..was nasty
No i wasnt stoned and neither was i drunk ...pink floyd was certainly not playing .
Old 4th August 2005, 12:19   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well i live right in front of a graveyard..u open the door and u face the graveyard wall i sleep facing the graveyard 2...but till 2day no problems with ghosts or whatever...nor have heard any from any of my neighbours...its quite a peaceful area though..and a few roges keep gambling inside the graveyard compuond during the nights,never seen anything happen to them...but have surely heard quite a lot of stories about them,not from strangers but my own family..my mom swears to god tht she has come across ghosts in my hometown madanapalli(andhra pradesh) about 35 yrs back..i thought it was to scare me but there r atleast 10 people in my family who confirm tht my mom showed them a ghost...have heard a lot of stories tht my great grandad used to play with the ghosts and stuff..but to believe in them is totally a pesonal matter...i do bcoz have seen stuff happenin in my own family...any1 here believes in blackmagic bcoz i cartainly do...
Old 4th August 2005, 12:33   #8
Team-BHP Support

well this is not a ghost story or anything , but something really scary though.

it was i think almost 6 years back when everyone was out of tow except me and my bro . 4 of our common friends and we left for lonavla at 2 a.m. in my sierra . we reached and found no shop open for fudge (which was appently the reason we even went to lonavla) , a friend suggested we while away our time in some place close by , some air force camp or something . he basically knew of this spot where we could go and chill for a while and wait till dawn . area was extremely dark , no road lights , we finally reached the spot and what do we see there right under the tree where we were going to sit for a while ? A blue maruti 800 parked in the middle of nowhere with a someone sitting alone in the backseat and with 2 thermoses on the roof .
we were all clueless as what to do , we all wanted to solve the mystery but everyone of us feared even getting out of the car . we observed the car for more than 20 minutes but there was not even a single movement by the guy . finally some bollywood struck guy decided to toss a coin to decide whether to approach the car or not , and the toss indicted to move away . well themystery yet remains . . .

manson .
Old 4th August 2005, 12:48   #9
Team-BHP Support

I thought LSD was out of fashion in the 80s.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2005, 13:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
A blue maruti 800 parked in the middle of nowhere with a someone sitting alone in the backseat and with 2 thermoses on the roof .
He may have been sleeping...
Old 4th August 2005, 14:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
No i wasnt stoned and neither was i drunk ...pink floyd was certainly not playing .
Ahh there goes my diagnosis. LOL
Old 4th August 2005, 15:26   #12
BHPian

okay apart from the general scary/spooky experiences that i've had...

1) my 10th standard results
2) my wedding day

here's something more...

at the time of our engineering, around 1990, a group of us decided to go to matheran - after spending the weekend, 8/9 of us decided to walk down to nerul below in the dark...

so we ventured - as usual, at the start with a lot of mirth, merriment and a few beers - but not me, i always prefer to be sober at times like these.

eventually, we lost our way - and our torches were not bright enuff to give any kinda guiding light and soon the group was in disarray, arguing and fighting over which way to take.

we decided to go straight ahead...after a few moments, my blood froze - a ghostly white female figure was blocking the way and i yelled (or whispered?) in fright. strangely no one else saw this ghost...but i was petrified so much, that the group got spooked as well. finally, we decided to stay put for the whole night - literally huddled together in a tight group - looking the other way.

in the morning - and at the first dawn of light - we ventured towards where i saw this 'ghost' - and much to our surprise, just 2/3 feet ahead in that direction the road ended and there was a sheer drop of 100s of feet into the valley below!

my friends didn't thank me enuff - that was 1 ghost that saved our lives.

and the crowning glory - later when i narrated this story at home, my mom says to me - when i was born - the umbilical cord was wrapped around me in the shape of a snake - which according to the old folks meant that i could see ghosts - so i should not dare to be awake anytime bet 12-3am...

now is that inspiration for m n shyamalam's sixth sense or what - " i see dead people"
Old 4th August 2005, 17:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
we left for lonavla at 2 a.m. in my sierra . we reached and found no shop open for fudge (which was appently the reason we even went to lonavla
maan which shop is open at 2 am in in a place like lonavala!!

manson - that was the spookiest thing i heard from u till date !!
Old 4th August 2005, 17:45   #14
Team-BHP Support

louisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
we decided to go straight ahead...after a few moments, my blood froze - a ghostly white female figure was blocking the way
you probably saw Louisa's ghost. i forget her full name and the legend but this is a pretty common occurence. she's the one Louisa's Point is named after. some love story gone bad during the days of the british empire. people claim to have seen her at various areas in Matheran.
she's known to lure people off cliffs, or maybe she's just trying to save them........

ad

Last edited by aah78 : 4th August 2005 at 17:51. Reason: modifying content
Old 4th August 2005, 18:12   #15
BANNED

haah ive got many more...which arent ghost related but some supernatural thing that i stll do not understand
i wish to hear ghost stories though...

1 day i was out alone going to milan subway to buy osmething for my car...on my way a chak came started begging..touched my head..i dont know what happened to me...i was feeling aas if im going to faint...eyes started shutting head became numb...trust me my head was becoming numb and was going on getting those currrents...removed a 10 bucks note and gave it to him/hher...IT...gave 10 bucks to it and then it left...
i came back home ..was a bit surprised worried...told my mom...she started laughing..had just finished with my 10th that time...
now i fergot about this whole incident...few months later...1 night i just got out to meet a friend and buy pepsi...dropped the friend back..went to have pepsi..got down bought pepsi..late night...about 3-4 am...was going towardz the car..saw a man standing just next to the door of my car...was coming towardz me and not letting me enter my car...and i was runnning away becuase the more close he was coming..more my head was getting numb..same thing had happened with that chak...never happened with any other chak but only that 1...now i was going on going behind..head numb dont remember couldnt see anyrthing...put my cell and all in the pocket and was holding it tight..fell down on my knees..that guy coming close..sudenly 2 guys came..1 of them was my friend....asked me what happened...saw this man coming towardz me...they started pushing him and asked me to leave....his eyes were DARKK RED like as if he was drunk...COMPLETE DARK SHORT MAN..

told my friends about it..all of us used to laugh..even i laugh about it whenever think of it...1 night all of us got oout to hunt for a very scary place in mumbai...now all that happened..suddenly at 4 am...we saw a guy looking exactly like jesus...jogging...1 of my frined went to him ..told him..dude u look like jesus..hew as jogging in shortss...always looks down..VERRRYYY thin ..skinny...he just replied morning...and we were like are u crazy im saying u look like jesus...he didnt reply..this happened near mount mary church...we left for town then...came back at 6 ..saw him jogging at bandstand...didnt bother much...

next night...again hunting for scary places..more scary places...after all this thing happened..we were driving around...i saw an old man standing with a stick...completely ready with suspenders and all...his eyes almost had magic in them...4 am this dude is standing laughing..saw us passing called us...like showed a stick with a smile...i swear i started geting those currents again...we didnt wannna leave..i told my friend to talk to him from the other side..i cant look at him..i was actually hiding my face...and he was at a turn..and even when we were going lcose without seeing him..those currents were increasing...my friend took it next to him..said what happened..that old man didnt reply..he came close to the car..smiling..grey eyes...wicked smile..very wicked...my friend was starin in to his eye..dont know what the hell ahppened to him...some headache he got and said zoom...we went ahead took a u turn and came back..the old man was not there...the roadz around were empty ...we checcked...and i am sure that the old man could not go anywhere ...i mean no sign of rickshaw...around..nothing...
and we did not realise this thing till the next day that the place where that old man was standing..that lane has a house bungalow kind which we call haunted..might be not..but we call that and outside that only that old man was stanidng....i asked the watchman after that old man dissapeared..hew as like yahaan pe toh abhi tak koi rickshaw nahi aaya...aur koi old man "buddha" idhar se raat ko nahi nikalta hai...
we were completely scared..because even they felt something when they saw that old man...now we thought of taking 1 more car and racing..this was the time when palio 1.2 raced with honda 1.5....
both the carz at carter road at around 4:45....what do v see...that guy who looked like jesus...we follow him..drive slow...he jogs...we miss him once..dont know where he dissapears and reaches but still we catch up..anyways..at pali hill we stopped..and decided to race as we were getting bored following ihm..could see him jogging whil deciding to race...now both the cars zoom like crazy...carter road 100 speed going fast over the breakerz..and i can never understand how the hell when we were going from carter for town..we have to pass that area wheere you take a right for bandstand..how the hell that guy who looked like jesus was there...completely confused...scared..didnt understadn anything...then race thing was on..didnt realise that thing...and that dude was wearing the same shortz all the time and looking down..never looked at us...now all this race thing happened..got over by 6 30..we reach bandra...going from carter road...see a huuugeee line of people..following a woman who was holding the cross and another woman holding jesus's big picture...statue kind..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks