Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:54   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
that's good to know kaushik, takes me back to the old days.
yeah, have roamed in that forest pretty much, courtesy a then dfo uncle of mine. no ghost stories but sure i can narrate the story of the toll collecting wild elephants on the national highway, come across them?
Lucky you.Nope I didn't come across the toll collecting Elephants, it was night at that time.Btw is it still the same situation nowadays also ?
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:00   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Is 'White' the official costume color for ghosts?

Not necesarily, It can be almost transparent like water, my second innings !
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:37   #63
BHPian

To the OP. As someone who has lived in kanpur for a bit, I would say that travelling through is Unnav late at night is dangerous because of the horrible quality of the highway, with speeding/drunk truck drivers for company. I'm Sure you have seen some of the unfortunate accidents that have taken place there cause of it.
I have traveled through that road countless times at all times of he day, and it is always the traffic + the villagers I fear, not a bhoot
So yeah...the spookiness there is more due to negligence by the government than amavasya or some other supernatural factor.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:42   #64
BHPian

goddamn, some of these posts have me spooked! and its 4am while I reading this!
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
The next day i went to nearly all the churches in the area.
Was she that goodlooking that you went looking for her?

Out of interest, are the toll-collecting elephants ghosts too? Are they White Elephants?
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Out of interest, are the toll-collecting elephants ghosts too? Are they White Elephants?
Ha ha, no steeroid, these are real wild elephants who comes on the road that goes through the forest(Nambar RF) and they expect to be fed with fruits/eatables from the vehicles.They'll block the road and normally till you give them something to eat they won't budge.AFAIK that people used to carry fruits with them if they have to cross the road. I think aburagohain can give a better picture as he have experienced them himself.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:00   #67
BHPian

Heard of Trees Walking ???

Anyone heard of trees Walking !!!!

About 4 years back Me & my friends were driving from Chennai to B'lore in a Santro.. My friend was driving the car & I was next to him & couple of guys at the back...I was not drunk nor my friend driving the car. Couple of others had a beer or two...

Now we were passing via Chittor (or somewhere near) driving around 100-110 km mark around 1 - 2 am .. There was no lights in the vicinity.. Both sides of the road there were trees..

We were overtaking a long 16 wheeler trailer on the right..Suddenly out of the blue A Tree on the right side of the road Jus Walked into our path.. All of us in the Car were awake & screemed.. My friend who was an experienced driver jus cut a little bit inside ( too much cut would have proved fatal..bang into the trailer ) & jus revved the Car & drove without turning back..Tat was really a close call..We drove for another 30 min & then stopped the car beside some road side garage & slept the night before resuming our journey in the morning...

I am sure no one would belive this story as did non of our family & friends..but only the 4 of us believe the horror incident...

Regards
marlon
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:15   #68
BHPian

[quote=Steeroid;806253]Was she that goodlooking that you went looking for her?

Well the only thing i saw was her face covered by her hair, so i didnt realy see her. And i had gone to the churches to pray. thanking god nothing bad happened
Old 18th November 2008, 15:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

Nothing spooky about this - but when I joined work at Trichy I was allotted quarters inside the campus.
My flat number was 4.
My internal telephone number was 444
When I finally got my airtel landline the number was: 4040004
And I came in on the 4th of November!!
Wonder what the connection is!!!
Old 18th November 2008, 16:56   #70
BHPian

Well I too have had a very spooky incident some 4 years back when I was in college...

Though I wont call what i saw as ghosts.

It was perhaps my 5th sem final exams and I was having a really bad fever just before
one of my exams. I was so damm weak that I slept at around 9:30 itself in the night.
At 4 suddenly I woke up and saw three white shadows hovering in my room and then
disappearing through the window.

I woke up my room partner who got equally terrified as he too claims to have seen one shadow.

But I said some prayers and fell back to sleep.

Next morning I woke up and went to write the paper. At that time I dint even have a
fraction of memory of what had happened just a few hours ago. My paper went of well
and I even managed to score a good grade despite having bare minimum marks in mid
sem. In the evening when i was reminded of the incident by my room mate a cold chill
ran through my spine. But I believe that they were my gaurdian spirits (maybe angels).

So that goes for all you guys I beleive in existence of god and spirits which cant be measured by science.

cheers...

Last edited by motorheadinc : 18th November 2008 at 16:58.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:30   #71
BHPian

Reviving an old thread

This came out in the Deccan Chronicle today. I'm not fully convinced of such spectral activities, but then I do not go out of my way to try and prove they exist! I have crossed a few of the places mentioned at late night but no incident has happened, so far!

Source: Deccan Chronicle

Haunts to be Wary of

You don’t have to wait for Halloween to experience close encounters of the spooky kind in the city. Take a moonlit walk through any of Hyderabad’s haunted hot spots and even a sceptic might become a believer. In a recent incident, the cabin crew of an international airlines had quite a fright when they were put up in a hotel located in Shamshabad.

“The crew members switched off the lights of their room and they could see something outside their window. On a closer look, it looked like a man hanging upside down. They started screaming and soon the hotel management came to take charge of the situation,” exclaims an airhostess from the city But that’s not all. Other guests at the hotel too complain about the usual horror fare — creaking windows, leaking taps and light switches with a mind of its own. When it was brought to the hotel management’s attention, they tried to downplay it and calm the agitated guests. Some were even offered huge discounts.

Ramoji Film Studios may be in the list of places to see in Hyderabad. But what many don’t know is that the film city is mentioned in the top 10 haunted places in the world! Sites like www.rameysrealm.com and innumerable blogs online talk about this tourist spot’s spooky tales.
Certain areas in the heart of the city too score high on the paranormal activity radar. The graveyard on Road No. 12, Banjara Hills has quite an eerie reputation. Rehan Khan, a 23-year-old student of NIIT says, “After partying, we usually go over to a restaurant on that road to eat as it is open till late in the night. many a times, when we passed by the graveyard, the streetlights have just switch off by themselves. One can actually feel the temperature there drop by five degrees. My car tyre got punctured there thrice. Now I avoid taking that route.”

The infamous “bhoot bungalow” on Road No. 1, Banjara Hills is said to be haunted by its centuries-old tenants. Jitesh K., a student of CBIT who got a little too adventurous one night says, “My friends and I thought we’ll check the house out ourselves. It was 12.30 in the night and we all stepped into the dilapidated building. I could feel something touching me throughout, apart from hearing muffled sobs, whispers and screams. We ran out. Once I got home, my friends and I were down with fever for two weeks and even doctors couldn’t diagnose the cause,” he says.

Also, once you step into Secunderabad, watch out for spectral hitchhikers. Ronald De’Souza, an employee of HSBC says, “On the MCEME road that goes towards Alwal, I once encountered a strange, forlorn looking old man asking for a lift as I zipped past. Took pity and reversed my car to find him gone. The image of that man still haunts me.”

The Bhongir fort has the reputation for being infested with period ghosts. Krishna N., an employee of Tata Motors says, “We went on a bike trip to the fort and decided to climb the abandoned fort on the hill even though it was dark. When we reached the top, we heard anklets and wind chimes. We thought there were other tourists present. But there were none.” Eerie creatures of the night seem to have a thing for the railway tracks, the most infamous one being the one near Safilguda. Mahesh Mohandas, a resident of Hanumanpet, says, “When I drive back that way late in the night, I often see a woman in white smiling at me. it’s a miracle I am not possessed.”
Old 29th April 2009, 10:23   #72
Senior - BHPian

Strange that no one has commented on the DC story...possibly the best post in the thread..next time when I come to Hyderabad may be I should check some of the instances listed in the story.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:36   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Eerie creatures of the night seem to have a thing for the railway tracks, the most infamous one being the one near Safilguda. Mahesh Mohandas, a resident of Hanumanpet, says, “When I drive back that way late in the night, I often see a woman in white smiling at me. it’s a miracle I am not possessed.”
I believe its the Lalaguda Bridge, Its quite scary when you drive there in the nights. Believe that there have been a couple of suicides, people jumping from the railway bridge onto the tracks below. Erric silence in the nights with faint noises. Damn man, my hair is raising on my hands now.
Old 29th April 2009, 14:26   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post

We were overtaking a long 16 wheeler trailer on the right..Suddenly out of the blue A Tree on the right side of the road Jus Walked into our path.. ..

I am sure no one would belive this story as did non of our family & friends..but only the 4 of us believe the horror incident...

Regards
marlon

. . . . I just spat on the screen laughing hahaha...

I Believe you!
Old 28th May 2009, 16:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
We were overtaking a long 16 wheeler trailer on the right..Suddenly out of the blue A Tree on the right side of the road Jus Walked into our path..
Wow, I didn't know that Middle Earth and Fangron Forest is so closer to home

Sorry for the pun boss, couldn't control it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks