Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 16:12   #196
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Amazing Thread. Loved reading all the 13 pages of it at a go. Good experiences, spooky or not, loved most of them. Especially the picture of JOMZ Girl friend. That spooked everything out of me. Crazy Jomz.

Spook or not, but it did drive me crazy for a couple of days.

I was doing an extended shift at one of my previous employers, who had an office at Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. It was beside or rather say constructed on land abetting the Graveyard (Punjagutta Graveyard). There are a lot spooky incidents connected to this graveyard, especially the main road. Will come to the main road incidents later. Hope Avinash (mobike008) remembers the company I am speaking about.

Incident 1:
I was working on a major project, that was to be delivered for pre-release. As usual, I had to strech beyond my working hours to ensure the deliverables. For a couple of days, I had to strech beyond 12:00 with my team members to complete the pre-release task. Believe me or not, the place used to get spooky late in the night. Could be due to the imminent feel of a graveyard being beside the office. We used to sit on the 2nd floor, with a huge window opening directly towards the Graveyard. Never dared to go towards that side. I noticed this same thing happening the 1st day and it happened on the 2nd day too. Post 3rd day, I stopped working beyond my stipulated time and used to chuck out before the eeire hour.

So, here's what used to happen "Everyday, exactly at 12:00 there used to be a temporary disruption of power for a good 10-15 seconds, which we used to feel like 10-15 hours. Each passing second was like an hour for us. First day we did not think much and thought it could be co-incidence. But same thing for 3 days at a strech. Impossible. Same thing used to happen at 12:00 exactly, power used to disrupt and come back after a 10-15 seconds."

Post these eeire sessions, I stopped streching beyond 10:00. I used to chuck out by 10:00, no matter how important the work was.

Incident 2:
The owners of the property used to stay in the cellar with a seperate entrance to their house. It was said that the building was spooked. As far as I remember, The child of the owner was a bit mentally retarded (not to insult someone with this). He was the sort of kids, who look possessed. During the day time, he used to just shout something. During nights, especially when the time used to crawl towards the 12:00 mark, he used to scream and shout like crazy. His screams used to be heard till the 2nd floor. This used to scare us even more.

Incident 3:
The security guys had a couple of incidents to share too, where in they used to hear the other security calling them from other block and when they used to go there, it wasn't the case. In one of the cases, there was a security guard, who had joined the duty a couple of days ago. He was on the night duty and during on of his rounds, he felt someone hitting him hard on the back, something like a hard slap on his back. He immediatly turned back to see no one there.

Gathering all his might, he rushed down to meet the other security guard. He first thought that the other security guard might have pranked him. Upon reaching the other block and calling out the other security guard, he was surprised to see that the other security guard was on his daily night rounds checking the 2nd floor.

There is no way a person could have hit someone and run from one building to the other (which was a good 100 feet away) and climb to the second floor and reply back. From that day till I quit my job, did I see the new security guard back on duty at our office.

*attached a graphic of our office & it's location.
Spooky Experiences : Share them here-spookyoffice.jpg

Now something about the main road.
If someone is familiar with Hyderabad and especially Banjara Hills Road No. 3, the road which goes from Nagarjuna Circle to Banjara Hills. The main road cuts through the Graveyard now. Earlier, the whole area was a graveyard and a road was cut through the graveyard, now dividing the graveyard into two parts. The strech, where the graveyard cuts into two is spooked and have experienced it.

This incident happened during the early 90's, when we were kids. We all, my parents, myself and my sister, were returning home at around 1:00 or 1:30 in the night after attending a function at one of our relatives place in Jubilee Hills. As soon as we reached this place, our car spluttered and all the lights stopped working all a sudden and after moving a couple of meters ahead, we noticed that the lights again started functioning like normal. This incident left us astonished.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:07   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
So, here's what used to happen "Everyday, exactly at 12:00 there used to be a temporary disruption of power for a good 10-15 seconds...Same thing used to happen at 12:00 exactly, power used to disrupt and come back after a 10-15 seconds."
I have no explanation about the rest of your experiences, but this one could be due to the operation of an automatic load balancing (change-over) switchgear in the nearby electric substation. Such a devise was in use in Madakkathara (Trichur Dist, Kerala) in the '90s; the switch over was automatically at 1am and there used to be an interruption of power supply to 2-3 districts for upto a minute. Everyday.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:24   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I have no explanation about the rest of your experiences, but this one could be due to the operation of an automatic load balancing (change-over) switchgear in the nearby electric substation. Such a devise was in use in Madakkathara (Trichur Dist, Kerala) in the '90s; the switch over was automatically at 1am and there used to be an interruption of power supply to 2-3 districts for upto a minute. Everyday.
Could be, but this case I am speaking about happened during 2004-2005. It could one of those devious acts of Automatic Load Balancing Changeover Switch Gear, which could have been possessed
Old 25th June 2011, 22:27   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
I had written all 8 questions (160 marks) in one of my 7th semester VTU papers. But got unsatisfactory marks. So, I applied for revaluation. For some strange reason I was expecting to get 22 marks extra after the revaluation. Whenever I thought of the revaluation results between the time I applied and the time the results actually came out, I would always feel they are awarding me exactly 22 marks more. And finally after the results were announced, I got 22 marks more!

Thats my spooky story :P
Hmmm.. Maybe if u had written the answers for the questions, you could have scored more..
john.iitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 21:06   #200
BHPian

Couple of spooky experiences to share as well

1] This was during college days , had gone for a picnic organized by the classes I used to attend , It was quite a large group. We had gone to somewhere near Mahad in Maharashra , it was a large estate with few large dorms. There was a girl who was the accountant or receptionist of the clasess .. something happened to her .. she just snapped , she was shouting uncontrollably , ive never heard anyone shouting louder in my life , she was talking about ghosts & posessions & every few minutes her cry pierced through that part of the area. I was perhaps 18-19 yrs of age .. our group had decided to break away from the main group and do our smokes & old monk ....something which never happened. And in the middle of the night , the sir asked us to go through to the main road as the girls parents were on the way to pick her up, we were in the middle of nowhere with the girl shouting her lungs off every now & then. Everyone was spooked that day. The girl even said some very abusive & derogatory words directed at sir.

2] Chandigarh , Last year I was on an assigment in Chandigarh & I was put up in a hotel there (President) I think , It was kind of around 11pm when I heard a knocking sound on the window , It gave me a scare since there was eerie quiet , and the windows were covered with two layers of curtains , I shoved the curtains aside and it was simply pitch black outside !! I could see nothing ..So I quickly did the curtains again. And it was quiet for about 10 mins.. and then suddenly tak tak , It seemed like someone was knocking on the window, I must confess I was spooked , I had been living in a suitcase that time for about 45 days at a strech in various cities, nowhere else had there been any incidents (although in a kolkata hotel i stayed at briefly I was told there was some ghostly activity , it was an old british hotel) , Getting back onto the main story .. The knocking noises continued on & off, I was extremely tired & sleepy ..but every knock was loud enough to wake me up. I even queried if anyone was there, I do not know when I fell asleep , but when I woke up in the morning , the first thing I did was to check out the window & sure enough there was a piegon ka ghosla right on the window corner :P
Old 26th June 2011, 21:27   #201
BHPian

Guys,

Here are some incidents that I have personally experienced when I was in the US.

Incident 1: 10 of us were travelling on a vacation to South Dacota over Independence Day weekend of 2008. It was around 2.00 AM when we were cruising country side when all of a sudden we saw 2 kids cross the road right infront of our vehicle. The very fact that all the 10 of us saw them made us believe that we had run them over. We stopped the vehicle and peeped out to see nobody behind us. The next thing that we did was to get the hell out of there as fast as we could.

Incident 2: I was staying in my friend's appartment that happened to be owned by an American before my friend moved in. One evening I was alone and was cooking dinner singing a song when all of a sudden I could hear the same song being sung again right after me by a male voice. Man, I got real spooked and immediately put on my headphones and started talking to my family back in Bangalore till my friend came back home.
I narrated this incident to my friend and it was then he told me that the owner of this apt had committed suicide right behind the lake of our very apt. He also told me that this lake was haunted as so many people had committed suicide there. I can bet even now that the sight of this lake itself will make you real spooky leave alone the apt where I stayed.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:55   #202
BHPian

Here is one more incident that I experienced in the same apt where I stayed with my friend. I woke up around 3AM to drink some water and went to the kitchen. Just when I was passing by the living room, I saw a shadow of a man standing inside the compound wall of our portico. I switched on the lights and as soon as I went near the sliding door, I could see nobody there. I woke my friend up who was sleeping in his room and told him all that happened. He then very casually said that he has been living here inspite of he himself experiencing these incidents very often. He said it had become part of his life now and that the spirit or whatever it is, was not causing any harm to him.

4 Days after this incident, the same shadow appeared just infront of our main door around 2:30 AM when my friend saw it and came to my room to let me know. But there was nobody at the door when we went and saw.

After about a week or so from this incident, we were watching a movie around 2AM and suddenly we saw someone trying to open the lock of our main door as the door knob started rotating. We immediately went and opened the door to find nobody outside except the deserted and scary looking lake.
Old 20th November 2011, 00:25   #203
BHPian

Paranormal Sightings or Strange things

Hi Every one.

I am not sure if this topic should be raised here, if inappropriate mods please delete it. I know people in this forum would have traveled to many places in many odd hours, this is just to discuss any paranormal or strange things that they might have seen or heard. For example some places might not be recommended to visit in the night.

I don't know why some of these incidents fantasize me, but there are some incidents in my family which makes me partially believe in supernatural things as like we believe in god. But none of the incidents are related to automobiles. I just want to share some strange things that people have shared with me.

Few years back i had gone to kodaikanal and had hired a taxi for a local trip. We were a group of friends. We were asking the taxi driver about something strange that he would have come past in his life. The first day he refused to say anything, but the second day he said, that since you are pestering so much, i will tell you what i had seen few years back. He said, that he was travelling in midnight in forest in Kottyam in his car, where from all of a sudden he saw a short lady white saree crossing the way. He stopped and was waiting that lady to pass, but that lady also stood still there, He got so afraid that he soiled his own pants. He some how then drove out of there and inquired in a nearby village, and these guys said you were saved because of your car, since its made of iron, that did not kill you. Dont know to believe or not, but after that i was afraid to travel in the night in kodaikanal.

The other one i want to share is what i and my friend experienced in college days. My friend came for stay at my home and he used to smoke. So midnight around 12 or 1 we went to the terrace. from my house terrace we can see a golf ground and so called adyar river, so lot of empty space and air. All of a sudden we both felt that a shadow was passing before us. We both couldnt speak with each other like did u see that.. and immediately our fur in the hands rose. We then went down that second. To this day we dont know what it was , but both of us getting frightened at the same time was abnormal and after that i never went to the terrace alone after night.
Old 20th November 2011, 15:02   #204
BHPian

Re: Paranormal Sightings or Strange things

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
.. and immediately our fur in the hands rose.
Did you mean the hair on your hand dude?
Old 20th November 2011, 23:06   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
For hairy i believe thats Fur
Old 20th November 2011, 23:44   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
For hairy i believe thats Fur
Hey you Team-Bhp guys, you catch all mistakes aaahh.. Its hair ok... i take back the fur.. he he he, i need to fix appointment for you guys with the ghost one day
krish82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 01:27   #207
BHPian

Well well well , no offence to anyone on this thread, but you would actually have to show me a ghost or something like that to make me believe in the spookiness
Old 21st November 2011, 06:03   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

@Garry, well well, the thread is not to discuss if the ghosts are there & if Ghost-busting is a career option. It's just to share spooky experiences .. if you have had any.
Old 21st November 2011, 12:25   #209
BHPian

Some interesting experiences there.
Kirrantp can you share some pics of the lake that you narrated about?

here is my experience:
Mid nineties:
We were returning from some dhaba a couple of kms before Devanhalli at around 3am(those days dhaba's stayed open way beyond midnight, no 11:30pm deadline like now :( )
We were a group of 5 on 3 bikes. NH7 was single lane, unlit & dark; midway we took a few de-tours & were lost. Came across a railway track & saw a man standing whom we asked for directions. He said he was going someplace & would ride with us for a few kms too. He hopped on one of my friend's bike who was the only single rider. It was pitch dark & his bike didn't have a headlight as a result he rode behind the others or sometimes in between the 2 bikes.
After a couple of Kms I saw my friend riding alone beside me & asked him where your pillion is? and he casually said 'he's sitting behind' we told him he was not & when my friend turned around to look he froze & bike switched off!
We were spooked & rode away quickly from there & stopped when we saw some street lights to discuss what happened & whether this pillion jumped off w/o my friends knowledge etc.. Even today we discuss this from time to time.
I miss those good old days when nights were quieter & dark unlike today where the metros are crowded 24/7 with people, cabs etc & lit with bright lights.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:58   #210
BHPian

Well i was reading this thread in room, i was reading with full concentration, when all of a sudden the door of my room closed with a loud thud... It scared the hell out of me! The door closed due to cross ventilation air, but indeed scared me man.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks