Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2013, 00:14   #316
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
I want to narrate my experience of seeing ghost car during my last week kerala trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I have a similar experience. In my case it was a white Scorpio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I have had similar experiences

Next time, please try to look for TBHP stickers!!
Old 21st April 2013, 00:39   #317
BHPian

I faced this experience in the year 2004 when I was working in a BPO industry. I used to work five days a week. On Saturday i.e 5Th day my shift timings are different. Generally my shift starts 12:30 am and ends at 6:30 am but on Saturdays my shift starts at 7:30 pm and ends at 1:30 am. During weekends I avoid taking cabs as the pickup is way too early, so I go self.

On this particular Saturday I was done with my shift and as usual once the shift is over, few of us went for a midnight buffet. By the time we had our food it was around 2:45 am, and we all started back home.

To avoid police checking I took the route which goes through the Military area, which was lonely and it was pitch dark. It's only my bike's headlight on the road and nothing else. For a moment I looked back through my rearview mirror. It was pitch dark. Nothing can be seen except my red tail lamp reflection. I was scared a bit, not even a single street lamp. There was no traffic at all. BPO's were new in those days and traffic ends by 10:00 pm in that road.

I still continued to drive normally. All of a sudden there was a deep curve that I had to take, so I reduced the speed and shifted the gears back. Once done with the curve, I started feeling something went wrong and I passed through something. My bike doesn't go beyond 20 k mph. At that point of time, my bike was 5 months old. It was brand new Pulsar. I thought, "There's a problem with the bike" but did not want to stop the bike. I had to drive on that speed i.e 1 and 2Nd gear for about 5 kilometers. After that the road connects to the regular road.

I thought to stop my bike and check after reaching the main road. Now I could see the main road with few trucks moving, I felt relaxed. Finally, I reached the road and to my surprise the bike became normal. I stopped and checked; everything was fine.

I reached home safely, took off my jacket. I was feeling sweaty, and after some time I could feel slight burning sensation on my back. I ignored it, initially thinking it might be because of sweat. The burning sense was disturbing me, so I took off my banyan and looked my back in mirror. To my horror, I could see the markings, scratches made by nails on my back. I couldn't sleep for that night. Was sick for couple of days.

Well i did post this story in other website as well.
joshuakeys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 01:28   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
666 probably ?

I would seriously shi* in my pants if I ever saw some car - White , 666 on the number plate - appearing and disappearing in a flash.
What about the 666 thing? I think the white scorpio I saw had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
This is interesting. Like in indian ghost movies, the car ghosts are also always in white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Oh c'mon guys! Ghost car!!
Lets look at it this way! See if it makes sense.

Ghosts are said to be appearances of living beings (Human or otherwise) after their passing away. Now there has not been reports of sighting naked ghosts, they always have had clothes on. Those clothes are inanimate and could be present in the real world, but the ghosts seem to wear what they liked when they lived. That clothes are not ghosts, but are the packaging in which they make the appearance.

Similarly, the ghost of a car enthusiast, or an enthusiastic driver may choose a car, or their favourite car they owned as the package in which they make the appearance.

Now that I said it, am wondering what car would my ghost appear in. Probably a White W124, but not sure if it will have a full white shade (dont want it that way) or the lower body will continue to have the off-white dual tone, will need it. But a white Fiat 1100D will be yuck,white scorpio a lot better.

Btw when my incident happenned, my 4wd scorpio was loaded to the gills, with luggage and passengers and the white one that overtook me, probably had only the driver on board!!
Old 21st April 2013, 03:37   #319
BHPian

Quote:

In that case it might have been Devil on a ride in a white Scorpio.

Btw How did devil manage to get a VIP reg. no. ?
Old 21st April 2013, 19:31   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Oh c'mon guys! Ghost car!!
Looks like they are not very uncommon!

Remember reading this sometime back and there is a dedicated thread on that forum, discussing this particular thingy:

Quote:
i was driving home early one evening through the country side near kirkam , when a mini with its head lights on came up behind me , i pulled over a little to let it pass but it just stayed there , i was annoyed a little because i don't like tail gaters and its lights was causing me discomfort .
i decided to put some distance between us and when i was around 100 yards ahead the lights just vanished .
the area was quite flat with low hedges to both sides of the road and there was no gates or side roads .

i thought it was a boy racer and he had lost control and crashed through the hedge , so i reversed back to see if he was ok and needed help , when i got to the area where the lights had vanished there was.....
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread763246/pg2
Old 21st April 2013, 19:52   #321
Team-BHP Support

I was returning late at night a couple of days back through a rather deserted stretch of roads, when a certain white Scorpio started tailing me. I remembered this thread and all the recent posts about white ghost cars, so I got this eerie feeling that my best (yeah, not worst) fears could turn out to be true. And so I drove on, and on and on.. This guy was still tailing me. My route passes through some agricultural fields, and a section where there are a lot of curves and random potholes, totalling around 10-12 km of dark, unlit roads until I reach the main ring road area.

I deliberately tried to get him off my tail on 3-4 occasions by slowing down, but the "ghost car" also slowed down and did not overtake me. Now, since ghost cars vanish as per the stories, I kept on waiting for it to disappear but it never happened. This Scorpio guy kept on tailing me until I reached the ring road. I was disappointed actually, because the ghost spotting couldn't continue anymore.

And here was the biggest disappointment to what could have been a perfect ghost car story - When I (with the white scorpio closely behind) reached the 6 lane ring road, he blasted past me with a vengeance. I had a glimpse into the car and saw 4 pot bellied politicians with white shirts (yeah, they wear white too), merrily chatting away inside inside the white Scorpio bearing a "GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA" number plate . Anti-climax!

My guess is the driver wasn't familiar with the 12 km village road route to the ring road, so he was using me as a pilot car to help him through potholes, speedbreakers, barricades and multiple turns in that stretch. Following another car is easier in unknown territory at nights. So much for a ghost story! I believe this is what happened with most of our BHPians' ghost stories too.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st April 2013 at 19:59.
Old 21st April 2013, 20:13   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I had a glimpse into the car and saw 4 pot bellied politicians with white shirts (yeah, they wear white too), merrily chatting away inside inside the white Scorpio .
You didn't see their legs, did you? That could still be a lost(Ghostly) Scorpio with its full deck of politicians and driver, like the ghost ship in "The Pirates of the Carribean" LOL!
Old 21st April 2013, 22:41   #323
BHPian

Quote:
You sure sir ?

666 is considered to be Devil's number, was it spooky for you when I guessed the number ?

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 21st April 2013 at 22:48.
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:52   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
I started feeling something went wrong and I passed through something.
It is very much possible. Heard it very much from the horses mouth to stop or control movement on road.

Please be careful when things happen like this. Don't want to scare things, but just pray to god when you see this things.

Works wonders
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:40   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those clothes are inanimate and could be present in the real world, but the ghosts seem to wear what they liked when they lived. That clothes are not ghosts, but are the packaging in which they make the appearance.

Similarly, the ghost of a car enthusiast, or an enthusiastic driver may choose a car, or their favourite car they owned as the package in which they make the appearance.
By this theory the ghosts should be of politicians or their henchmen as they prefer white SUVs and if you see those ghosts with gold chain and rings in all 10 fingers then it must be a real estate developers ghost.
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:58   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
You sure sir ?

666 is considered to be Devil's number, was it spooky for you when I guessed the number ?
Its definitely getting spooky now. Moreso, because both me and my father had noted the sequence of numbers, when we noted that the vehicle had HSRP something uncommon in that area/zone at that time.

I began this as a light hearted thing!

Another thing about this car was that it had very dark tints all around and I could not see the driver in my RVM when the vehicle was behind me. When it crossed too, the interiors were not visible. But from the look and "chaal" of it, that vehicle did not appear loaded, as it had bumped a little bit on a small hump that did not do much on my own similar but fully loaded vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
By this theory the ghosts should be of politicians or their henchmen as they prefer white SUVs and if you see those ghosts with gold chain and rings in all 10 fingers then it must be a real estate developers ghost.
Even Mafia Ghosts Black SUV will have a white colour.
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:18   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Its definitely getting spooky now. Moreso, because both me and my father had noted the sequence of numbers, when we noted that the vehicle had HSRP something uncommon in that area/zone at that time.
You're freaking me out now sir. Another thing - did you notice if the car was running or was it just gliding on(above) the road
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:37   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
My bike doesn't go beyond 20 k mph. At that point of time, my bike was 5 months old. It was brand new Pulsar. I thought, "There's a problem with the bike" but did not want to stop the bike. I had to drive on that speed i.e 1 and 2Nd gear for about 5 kilometers. After that the road connects to the regular road.
How were your bikes tires the next day.
Muddy or flat, perhaps.
Old 22nd April 2013, 22:16   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
It is very much possible. Heard it very much from the horses mouth to stop or control movement on road.

Please be careful when things happen like this. Don't want to scare things, but just pray to god when you see this things.

Works wonders
@lambuhere,

This thread is about spooky experiences, so tell us what you know.
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:43   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
@lambuhere,
This thread is about spooky experiences, so tell us what you know.
Sirji,

I have already shared my so called experiences somewhere in here.

Was providing a solution for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks