Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2023, 19:58   #811
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Disclaimer- The below post was firsthand experienced and witnessed by me.

We are a family of 4; my father, mother, sister and myself. We had to attend a wedding in Surat on Sunday 8th March 2020. We usually travel by our car and it was simply one of those road trips with family which you enjoy. Surat is ~260km and 5.5hrs away from our home in Mumbai. Our plan was to leave in morning by our Innova from Mumbai and start the return journey on the same night itself. The drive to Surat was uneventful except for the delicious food at a Kathiyawadi Dhaba.

The wedding was in the evening and after attending it some of our relatives of Surat insisted us to join them at their home for atleast a small meal if not a dessert. We obliged and went to their place. By now it was already 10:00pm. One of our elderly relative was adamant that we should not leave so late and should head home early morning and crash at their place for the night. My dad had important meetings the next day so we unfortunately couldn’t stay the night but she was still very persistent. In the end we left their place around 11pm. I didn’t know how to drive back then so my dad was the one driving while I was riding shotgun. My sister and mother were sitting(sleeping) behind peacefully in the captain seats.

As midnight arrived my dad felt sleepy and we decided to halt at a well lit NH48 Food Mall. He took a nap of 20mins and later woke up. My dad quickly washed his face and got all freshened up. My mother and sister briefly woke up when my dad woke up. I usually don’t sleep in car at all so no problem for me. As soon as we hit dimly lit NH48, it was now 9th March and all 4 of us were talking while cruising at a steady pace. Maintaining good speed in the Innova was very easy, but Cruise Control was surely missed. Around 10mins in, it was 12:40am and we were cruising in the 1st lane @ 100kmph. Suddenly around 50 metres from us we see a Lady in all White Salwar Kameez This certainly caught us off guard especially to me who was riding shotgun without a shotgun. What surprised us further was she started running towards us when we are driving at this speed! At first I thought that it was someone who crossed roads but within seconds the inevitable happened, we drove past her! We couldn’t switch lanes as there were 2 trucks and a sudden turn at this speed could cause a roll-over. What shocked me was that if she was real, we would have hit her for sure. If we did miss her, then the cars following us would have braked hard but no car did that too. Both of us were very quiet and the tension could be felt and soon this is how the conversation went.

Dad: Did you see anything?

Me: Mhmm…

Dad: I am seriously asking! Did you see anything?

Me: Yes Dad! I saw the lady.

Dad: So this was definitely real. Even I saw her but I don’t know how and where she vanished. I could not see her in IRVM or the ORVM too.

Mom: (In her sleepy voice) Please be quiet.

Me: Was that white or pink colour clothes she was wearing?

Dad: It certainly looked white to me.

Soon we burst into laughter and tension was broken. But this wouldn’t last long as the Home Ministry was awake due to us and again reminded us to not make noise and let them sleep peacefully.

We reached home safely and then told them about the incident. They couldn’t believe it and my sister still says why didn’t you wake me up? In the hindsight one more thing which stood out was, my mom and sister were awake just 2 minutes before it and suddenly they both were asleep! Also, I would not have kept the wheel straight or atleast would have panic braked. Kudos to my dad for handling the situation so calmly!

We have since then not taken a trip to Surat but really looking forward to it.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 09:28   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post

. My dad had important meetings the next day so we unfortunately couldn’t stay the night but she was still very persistent.

Suddenly around 50 metres from us we see a Lady in all White Salwar Kameez This certainly caught us off guard especially to me who was riding shotgun without a shotgun. What surprised us further was she started running towards us when we are driving at this speed! At first I thought that it was someone who crossed roads but within seconds the inevitable happened, we drove past her! We couldn’t switch lanes as there were 2 trucks and a sudden turn at this speed could cause a roll-over. What shocked me was that if she was real, we would have hit her for sure. If we did miss her, then the cars following us would have braked hard but no car did that too. Both of us were very quiet and the tension could be felt and soon this is how the conversation went.

Me: Yes Dad! I saw the lady.

Dad: So this was definitely real. Even I saw her but I don’t know how and where she vanished. I could not see her in IRVM or the ORVM too.
Interesting. As it is a first hand experience, can rule out as heard from someone else and hence facts twisted.
The insistence of elderly relative to stay out the night. That's very normal for safety reasons. Or did she say something else.

Optical illusion seems to be the only rational explanation here. Can't be prank for sure.

Btw where is the place. Looks like it's before Vapi. Does the place have a spooky reputation
Old 4th February 2024, 09:32   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Its a ten year old LCD unit.

There must have been some software glitch in the Firestick that day and hence the problem.
It's quite common with my fire stick. Often it fails to get the required Mbps for streaming and hence blank screen.
SidTheChamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 12:10   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
As midnight arrived my dad felt sleepy and we decided to halt at a well lit NH48 Food Mall. He took a nap of 20mins and later woke up. My dad quickly washed his face and got all freshened up. My mother and sister briefly woke up when my dad woke up. I usually don’t sleep in car at all so no problem for me. As soon as we hit dimly lit NH48, it was now 9th March and all 4 of us were talking while cruising at a steady pace. Maintaining good speed in the Innova was very easy, but Cruise Control was surely missed. Around 10mins in, it was 12:40am and we were cruising in the 1st lane @ 100kmph. Suddenly around 50 metres from us we see a Lady in all White Salwar Kameez This certainly caught us off guard especially to me who was riding shotgun without a shotgun. What surprised us further was she started running towards us when we are driving at this speed! At first I thought that it was someone who crossed roads but within seconds the inevitable happened, we drove past her! We couldn’t switch lanes as there were 2 trucks and a sudden turn at this speed could cause a roll-over. What shocked me was that if she was real, we would have hit her for sure. If we did miss her, then the cars following us would have braked hard but no car did that too. Both of us were very quiet and the tension could be felt and soon this is how the conversation went.
Hey I don't want to scare you but the patch you are talking about is haunted as per the locals (I personally don't believe in ghosts or any other paranormal activity).
Take a taxi from Surat to Mumbai at night and your cab driver will lock all the doors and windows and strictly ask you not to roll down the window while passing this area. Apparently in the 90s and early 2000 this area was infamous for robbery and murder. It was a common sight to find bodies of travellers hanging on the trees.
Old 4th February 2024, 19:56   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheChamp View Post
Or did she say something else.
She didn't say anything else just that we had to drive back for ~5hrs so she wanted us to rest and other reason being we hardly visit there so maybe because to spend some more time too.
Quote:
Optical illusion seems to be the only rational explanation here.
Haha it surely wasn't an optical illusion but of course one has to go through it to know it.
Quote:
Btw where is the place? Looks like it's before Vapi. Does the place have a spooky reputation
Yes it was before Vapi. I think we had stopped at this Food Court and it happened around 10-15 mins later. My dad gave the same explanation which a fellow BHPian has mentioned below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Hey I don't want to scare you but the patch you are talking about is haunted as per the locals (I personally don't believe in ghosts or any other paranormal activity).
Take a taxi from Surat to Mumbai at night and your cab driver will lock all the doors and windows and strictly ask you not to roll down the window while passing this area. Apparently in the 90s and early 2000 this area was infamous for robbery and murder. It was a common sight to find bodies of travellers hanging on the trees.
Hey, not scared as I don't often drive at night. About the infamous patch, this is far too common for some other places like Tamhini Ghat too. These places saw a lot of crime back in the day.
Old 4th February 2024, 22:01   #816
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Back in the days, when I was doing my Bachelors in Dentistry in a small town called Chidambaram (1987), we used to do Pondy rides often for the obvious. This is via cuddalore. Between cuddalore and Chidambaram is a small town called Bhuvanagiri.
This place had a reputation of being haunted. A particular spot on the road was considered very spooky. This road was a 2 lane road back then with a lot of trees on both sides. We were coming back from Pondy one night, 3 am to be precise, 2 Rx100s and one KB100, when we saw a white clad apparition on the side of the road about to jump in front of us.
All three of us saw this apparition and braked very hard. On stopping, there was no one there, we left there in a hurry. Many truckers then used to talk of this particular stretch of road as haunted. Some experience!!!
rajeevsulu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 20:19   #817

A story heard from older people in my family. Not exactly a scary one but definitely paranormal.

My great grandfather on my mother’s side was a minor landlord in a small village in Delta region of TN. He lived in a big old house with his wife and kids including my grandmother. There was a particular spot in this house where if someone laid down to sleep, they felt something pushing on their chest after some time. Most of my mother’s uncles thought that it was the ghost of a child standing on them , others thought there was a treasure trove buried under that spot, the most rational of them thought that there must be some sort of underground water flow, dowsing is a known phenomenon which many people used to find water and it must be a phenomenon like that here too.

Anyway, fast forward to mid 2000s when my grand uncles decided to sell the property for good, they demolished now crummy house. One of them remembered spot and got some men to dig there and lo, they found an idol of lord Narasimha and some other smaller idols. (Which was then handed over to ASI)

It was reported in local print media, one of the uncles has the cuttings, when I visit them, maybe I’ll post it here.
Pythonic is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 18:42   #818
BHPian

I stumbled upon this thread only today. One of my most favourite topics. Used to read 'spooky' books in school library the most. They used to interest and entertain me a lot I believe.

I never believed or still believe any ghostly incidents. Once in 2003, I was with friends at 2 am in one of the hosteler's room. It was quite peaceful and pin drop silence all around the hostel given the late hours. Lights off time was a strictly implemented 10 pm. When it was time for me to get back to my room to sleep I bid goodbye and started climbing the stairs. My room was a corner room on the 3rd floor, the top floor. As was a habit, I used to skip a lot of stairs and used to speedily climb them like i was on a time. No sooner had I reached the top floor, a chill ran down my spine and I felt cold. It was the first time in life that I felt somebody was standing very close behind my back. All those spooky readings suddenly made sense. Popular for not being scared of anything, I was dumbstruck and stood still on the last step not knowing what to do.I could have also half closed my eyes maybe out of fear, real fear.

It was a chilly night, the lighting in the corridor was not lacking if not adequate.Even after maybe several seconds and trying to gather my courage I was unable to go to my own room as I really felt somebody or something taller than me standing very very close behind me. Some sense told me inside that proceeding further from the spot towards my room wasn't a good idea.

After a while standing frozen I turned around, rushed back down the stairs with lightning speed, skipping even more steps than was normal for me and barged through the door of the same room where I came from, which was on the ground floor. Never told the friends what had happened. Spent 15-20 mins again with them and went back to my room again as if nothing had hapoened. Surely this time I climbed one stair at a time like a gentleman. I still clearly remember that incident and don't have any explanation about what it was.

Last edited by Fuldagap : 24th March 2024 at 18:57.
Fuldagap is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 12:54   #819
BHPian

2 incidents happened in 2017 after my father's death.

Incident 1 - My father was bedridden for about a year. His room was in the ground floor and mine was in the first floor. So I had fixed a calling bell in my room and the switch was placed in his bed side so that he can call me for any requirements in the night. During the day we were always in the ground floor and he seldom used it for calling even during night. I remember only once or twice he used the bell to call us. He passed away in June 2017 and a week after his death, one morning the bell rang. We all were literally frozen and it was quite unbelievable. I went to his room and pressed the calling bell switch and it worked normally. However it started ringing intermittently and I had to rush to the first floor with ladder to disconnect the bell. Till now I am not able to figure out how the bell rang without any input.

Incident 2 - My father had an old pendulum clock in his room which was working flawlessly for more than 50 years. It was a winding type clock with key and it will work for 2 weeks approximately after winding the clock. He passed away at 1.20pm and the clock was manually stopped (by stopping the pendulum) to indicate the time of his death as per tradition. So after the funeral rites were over, the next day or so the clock was started again by swinging the pendulum. After a week or so the clock stopped exactly at 1.20 pm which was the time of his death. Again this was quite puzzling and no explanations ever.

These 2 incidents are etched in our memories as unexplained mysteries.
Sedate driver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 16:19   #820
Senior - BHPian

I hope you built a temple over the spot where the idols were found. If you found any idol that exerts its powers in such a manner, it means it wants to be found and worshipped, not handed over to ASI to be kept in a museum.

Any new building in that spot may also experience the same issues you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythonic View Post
One of them remembered spot and got some men to dig there and lo, they found an idol of lord Narasimha and some other smaller idols. (Which was then handed over to ASI)

It was reported in local print media, one of the uncles has the cuttings, when I visit them, maybe I’ll post it here.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 16:35   #821
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If you found any idol that exerts its powers in such a manner, it means it wants to be found and worshipped, not handed over to ASI to be kept in a museum.

Any new building in that spot may also experience the same issues you mentioned.
Or it could be just a co-incidence that the idols were found there and everything is fine with any new building that is presently on that same land.

Would be good to know anyway what happened.

Last edited by am1m : 25th March 2024 at 16:37.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 16:54   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Or it could be just a co-incidence that the idols were found there and everything is fine with any new building that is presently on that same land.

This being a supernatural thread let us ascribe supernatural explanations
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 16:59   #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

No idea unfortunately. All that my mother knows is a property developer acquired the land.
And as the other person said, it indeed would have been proper to consecrate the idol and start active worship but again, unfortunately that wasn’t how things went. Why would anyone sell good land if not in some sort of duress
Pythonic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks