Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2020, 13:10   #781
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Came across this interesting read.

https://www.himalayanhotelier.com/po...cting-the-dots

Quoting some of the texts.

Quote:
Kuldeep died last year at the age of 34. He had a wife and son who ironically was born on the same day of his death. I’ve known this person for last 10 years and was fortunate to have a friend like him. Kuldeep belong to a remote village in Uttarakhand ( mana ) and he moved to Delhi after his higher secondary. He did his graduation and MBA before he became my colleague. I’ve never seen kuldeep visiting his village in past 10 years although his mother and grandmother were still there in the village. Kuldeep’s father died when he was young and he was a single child.
Quote:
Around 2 at night we both were sitting in the balcony with the first sip of the tea he said,” I was in graduation when I first had dream about this person, he was around 45 years old, had a wife and 2 children. That night it seems like a normal dream to me where I saw a man and his family working in a muddy field in village and village seems like mine although I don’t remember much about my village but by the glimpse of it I can relate to it, but after a week I had the same dream about that person but he was looking bit older now around 60 years of age and his children were not there, he was sitting on a chair with two other person and his wife was serving tea to them. Actually I am having these dreams since last 8 years and now I remember name of that person his wife, children and all his friends
Moto_Hill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 02:00   #782
BHPian

Yesterday night, it was pitch black, the half moon on the horizon appeared like a golden white mask worn by man without a head. As I came back from the terrace, to the living room my 8 year old daughter yearned to watch Vikram aur Bethal serial on my cell phone. It was already past 11 and as we watched Vikram chasing the white ghost, the great bethala, she withered into a beautiful slumber in my arms cuddling her fluffy white bunny rabbit whose black button eyes appeared to be gouged from it. I put her angled head on a soft pillow and went out to look at the headless moon. Again. That's when I remembered an event I witnessed when I was an 8 year old boy and I am here to tell you what happened that night, a long time ago.

My mom and dad dropped me at my Ajji's place, she is my grandmother. During those hard times, we used to sleep on the cold marble-less cement floor. That day my granny narrated an old tale of Yama, the God of Death who would come down to the earth on his majestic beast clutching a rugged rope in his hand. She told me, she saw him visit the lanes in our surrounding during night time looking for someone. She vividly told me, I remember, that Yama will lasso the rope around his victim's neck and tighten it untill the person dies, and drags the dead carcass and flies across the cloud to Yamaloka, where the victims were fried in a piping hot boiling oil and burnt with a raging fire and beat with a heavy wooden log. It was horrifying to hear while I dreaded to look at my granny who was brushing her saggy silver hair with a twin sided wooden comb.

What I saw that night, I tell you, I can never forget. I will also tell you my friend, that you will also remember this tale for a long time. It has forever etched in my memory. Something that comes back to haunt you when you are depressed, when you are lonely and when you feel you are ancient.

I slept that night on the cold floor in the small living room. Sometime around midnight, while Ajji was fast asleep I could barely sleep and in between my droopy eyelids I could faintly see the reflection of the moon light, creeping inside the home, through the broken crevices on the moth eaten wooden door. If you light a torch from outside, you could see its light falling on the floor through the holes in the door. That cold dark night, I could see the moon light creeping into the home being interrupted by a shadowy figure. I was delusional or the story told by my Ajji in the evening was playing in my head in loop. I was too young to comprehend, but I am sure I heard the sound of hooves of some majestic beast clanking the cement floor just outside the door. That damned DOOR right in front of me. "Oh God, not me, not my Ajji I love her, please go away", I thought to myself. I wanted to wake my Ajji but couldn't muster the strength, my voice was drowning in my throat, and all I did was pray. Then, suddenly there was silence, last I heard was, I remember now, some one was being dragged. And through the crevices in the door, a slight ruffel of the moon light and the shadow disappearing into infinity.

The next day I woke up to a wailing sound of an old woman, our next door neighbour. Her husband had died of heart attack that night.

Last edited by doxinboy : 2nd May 2020 at 02:04.
doxinboy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 22:06   #783
BHPian

Anyone in Team BHP who has actually seen an apparition or ghost whilst driving???

I used to hear so many horror stories back in my younger days about kaathu karuppu or chudails that can kill you with one smack. My Native place was a small village between Namakkal and Trichy. A bare bones 10-12km interior village road connects it to the Highway. Growing up we used to hear so many horror stories of white clad(dunnow why white is the fav with ghosts across the country) chudails that appear on your path...sometimes like a ball of fire. The roads were and still are barely illuminated with the occasional street lights. Replacing any defective ones take weeks and sometimes months even now. My Dad used to even narrate stories of how a mundam(headless ghost) even moves around the village street on amavasya nights and peers into or pulls the blankets over people sleeping outside. You are sure to get a smack and a potentially fatal fever/poessession if you get frightened upon waking up!!!

We used to go there for the yearly festivals/reunions. When I grew up, got my own car and was confident enough to take long trips my parents were still adamant that we travel and depart during the day light hours or just take a public transport to Trichy/Salem if it is late hours. No driving on that route. When I started driving and confident enough to take a long trip, I finally got a chance to live this dream drive. It so happened that we had to travel from Chennai via Salem to check out an ailing aunt. Hence when I started from Salem it was already 10.30pm. I had a 2hr drive to my village . My parents were hesitant but being fresh after a good rest in Salem, I was very much raring to go.

At the stroke of midnight I made the cut from the highway into the lonely village road. There were these rows of huge tamarind trees forming a dense canopy on those as-yet-uncontaminated interior roads, the lights from the car forming a creepy reflection bouncing on the dense tree covers...giving me goosebumps. There were the roadside aromatic plants that were giving off a jasmine type smell. You could hear a pin drop in the Car but for the roaring engine note. I was literally gunning the wheels half frozen in fear and anger expecting to smack the ghost if it comes about . Thankfully there was not a soul around on the road till I reached the precints of the Village. From that day on I lost all fear of the Chudail in the dark. I sneaked out with my counsins on their bikes in subsequent days/trips ignoring my parents warnings. Never saw the chudail or the headless ghosts ever and just forgot about the village stories as rural legends . But the very first drive into that dense canopy of trees with the lights dancing around me in a eerrie mode and the pleasant wafts of the village shrubs frightening me to literally putting pedal to the metal in a crazy rush to make it home....made it an unforgettable drive.

Last edited by venbas : 8th September 2020 at 22:24.
venbas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 00:13   #784
BHPian

Ghosts are also affected by the covid pandemic it seems! Not much activity here!
GladRagu is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 22:20   #785
Senior - BHPian

Not sure how many might recollect. There used to be a serial named Honee Anhonee in Doordarshan in the late 80s. It was apparently based on real events, and sometimes gave scientific explanations eg one episode was about phantom limbs.
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 15:07   #786
BHPian

I have some spooky instances to share

So I live near some defence land which means lots of trees and we are familiar with all kinds of noises in the day / night be it squirrels, pigeons /koels / crows / bats or dogs howling in the night.

One night though, I recollect being in a deep sleep, but out of nowhere, had this strange feeling of being watched and awoke suddenly only to hear a rage filled scream bolt off into the distance followed by packs of dogs howling. I for one was sure that this beast stole my sleep that night.
Grimlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 15:23   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
One night though, I recollect being in a deep sleep, but out of nowhere, had this strange feeling of being watched and awoke suddenly only to hear a rage filled scream bolt off into the distance followed by packs of dogs howling. I for one was sure that this beast stole my sleep that night.
I also have a similar experience

We had gone to stay at our farm , which is in a remote village and the nearest houses are around 200m away. We had slept off peacefully at 10 and around 2am were woken by weird shrieking noises. The sounds were like some very evil witches laughing madly ..
When we finally went out on the morning and asked the locals, we came to know that Hyenas frequent that area and they were howling at night.
Seriously it was quite scary to hear their sounds in the pitch of the night
For someone who has never heard Hyenas before , it is seriously scary.!
Behemoth is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 17:21   #788
Senior - BHPian

This incident was related by our then neighbours almost 4 decades back.

They owned a fair bit of land in their native village, which had many coconut trees. They used to periodically engage the services of a particular person, to climb up these trees and get the coconuts and leaves.

One morning, as this man was starting for work (I do not remember whether he was visiting these neighbours' place or elsewhere), his pet dog began barking furiously as though to prevent him from leaving. He did leave after a few minutes, though. That day, while at work, he fell from a tree to his death.

There are already a few posts in this thread mentioning that dogs sense such things beforehand, this is one more incident.
adisan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 20:20   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
We had slept off peacefully at 10 and around 2am were woken by weird shrieking noises. The sounds were like some very evil witches laughing madly ..
When we finally went out on the morning and asked the locals, we came to know that Hyenas frequent that area and they were howling at night.
Seriously it was quite scary to hear their sounds in the pitch of the night
For someone who has never heard Hyenas before , it is seriously scary.!
Indian Striped Hyenas are mostly quiet and seldom make any sound unlike their African cousins who generally make a racket and the sound is similar to laughing/cackling.
Indian Hyenas at best would let out a deep throated groaning sound and that too would be to communicate around its den site.
But the source of the sounds that you heard was most likely a pack of Bengal Foxes - who create a din almost every night, howling calls made in rapid succession and in no apparent order can fray many a stout nerve. Add to that a full or no moon and thus the neighborhood "Chudail" is born.

Last edited by Trojan : 16th February 2022 at 20:29.
Trojan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 12:48   #790
BHPian

A Highway Haunting

"the story dates back to a time when the British ruled India. They used to transport spices from Wayanad to Beypore Port, Kozhikode via the Kuttiady route. Due to the distance they started searching for a new route. As only the local tribes were aware of the paths through the forests. A tribal leader from the Paniya tribe named Karinthandan Moopan in Wayanad was sought for help.

Karinthandan Moopan:

The chief Karinthandan showed the British engineer route to Lakkidi. This is where the Thamarassery Ghat Pass was built. It is along the national highway NH 212 that connects Kozhikode with Wayanad. The ghat pass begins from Adivaram (downhills), while coming from Kozhikkode and ends at Lakkidi (the first village of Wayanad district). To take all the credit for discovery the engineer killed Karinthandan.

Accidents started to occur at the end of the pass, the entrance to Lakkidi on the national highway . Every passerby experienced unnatural events and would meet with inexplicable accidents. Locals believed that the spirit of the chief was angry and was taking revenge. After several such cases, the villagers approached a priest. He then chained the spirit to the Ficus tree with giant lock chains, binding it there for eternity. Since then the bizarre accidents have stopped. Vehiclists stop and pray to the tree for letting them pass by safely. Villagers offer prayer to this tree till date."

https://www.tripoto.com/kerala/trips...-5ca92babf303d

The Bhpians from Kozhikode-Kalpetta might attest to this.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 13:03   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
The Bhpians from Kozhikode-Kalpetta might attest to this.
I am from here and yes, all of it is true. All the bizarre things used to happen long, long back. As of now, its just another "tourist" attraction.
So I have people from the same and related tribes working in the plantation and they have quite some stuff to listen to. They have lived in perfect harmony with nature so much so that they can predict weather, animal movements, and the likes better than any of the sophisticated systems put out these days.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th March 2022 at 16:55. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 17:15   #792
BHPian

This happened long time back when I was in School in Shimla. We had exams going on there was preparatory holiday. There was a forest an hours walk from our house. I decided to go to the forest all by myself to study. My idea was that the calm and quite of the jungle will help me focus. I reached there around noon and took out my books. I was completely alone with nice weather and there was a pleasant breeze. I started studying. After some 10 minutes I got a weird feeling that I am being watched and sudden feeling of fear overcame me. This was very strange feeling for me since I am not spooked easily. I looked around saw nothing. But somehow felt un-comfortable and went home. Next day there were reports of a leopard sighting in that area.
JediKnight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 19:16   #793
BHPian

We had a lot of incidents narrated to us by our grand parents in Uttrakhand. All of these are from 1960s or 70s if not before.
There was this tale of an incredibly successful lawyer from Nainital who apparently never lost a case after an encounter with a super natural being.
It was winters when he was walking from one village to another due for an urgent case hearing the next day. After about 4-5 hours of walk he decided to take a break and sat on a rock by the side taking one last gulp from his water pouch. Exasperated and irritated with the walk, suddenly he noticed a rather old gentleman sitting on a stone next to him. After a few salutations, the old guy asked him for some water from his pouch. The lawyer, stated the empty pouch and expressed regret. The old man still asked for the pouch. The lawyer, saw no issues with it and handed it to the old man.
At that instant, the elderly man extended his hand which kept extending to tens of feet to get water from a nearby stream. After filling the pouch, the old man quenched his thirst and handed the pouch back to the lawyer.
The lawyer immediately prostrated himself to the old man. The old man then asked him to make a wish and the lawyer asked that he never lose a case in his life.

PS: This might very well be a pahadi tale

Real Incident:
This happened in AIIMS Delhi in 2006, when my parents went to visit a distant relative, in the last stages of leukemia. It was around 7pm when the relative (who was unconscious at that time) suddenly became hysterical and started shouting that few folks in black clothes have come to take him and vehemently refused to go with them. Commotion ensued and everyone was motionless. And with the same alacrity as the hysteria began, it died down too as the relative suddenly seem to be asleep again.
The very next moment everyone heard large shouts and crying in the room down the hall where someone breathed their last.
I still remember my mom telling me about it, scared to the bone.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th March 2022 at 20:07. Reason: 1960
ValarMorghulis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 01:05   #794
Distinguished - BHPian

Allow me to dramatize and present a real-life incident that was narrated in our family.
The young man was pedaling the bicycle as his elder brother sat on the carrier behind. The standing crops on either side of the pathway that they were on were waving about, depending upon the way the wind blew. And there was plenty of wind movement that evening. The birds had all flown back to their nests and were watchful. The sun had retreated a while since and clouds prevented any celestial bodies from bathing the path ahead with any light whatsoever.

The young man attempted to pedal on the slushy path and gave up presently; but his older brother had sensed the ensuing struggle and had already alighted from the carrier. The two began to walk, saying nothing. And nothing needed to be said, for this was a journey they had made plenty of times before from their grandparents' home back to theirs in rural Srivilliputhur. If anyone had paid attention to the calendar at their home, they would have seen the year; it was sometime in the mid 1950s.

The boys, not quite men yet, were trudging along. The younger one was pushing the bicycle along and both of them were ankle deep in mushy red soil. Rural India did have solitary street lamps back then, bathing isolated stretches of otherwise dark pathways with pale light. They had barely entered a swathe of pale light on the pathway when a dark pall descended upon them from high up on the lamp. Neither of the boys stopped their march ahead, but it was as if they had each felt a blow in their chests. Neither of them could bring themselves to lift their head; they felt compelled to just stare at the slush beneath their feet. And yet, both of them couldn't resist casting nervous glances at the thing that was accompanying them, having driven a wedge between them. Whispers were heard in the air. They knew the meaning of crippling fear right then but their instincts had kept their feet moving.

They eventually managed to make it back to the residential lanes of their village, well away from the fields and woods that had troubled them so.

Soon, the duo were able to confirm that they were only a duo and they went home and didn't speak of it to any living soul for the next 4 decades - not even to each other.

My late maternal grandfather was the elder brother in that story. His younger sibling became a Canadian citizen back in the 1970s and still lives there. The duo told us of this incident during the latter's visit to India in 1999. It was a jumpy crowd of children and grandchildren that listened to their story. The two elderly men looked at each other with dark stares and glazed over eyes as they told us this story.

They were both too troubled by whatever they had seen and heard and they wouldn't speak of it much, whatever it was. But they were somewhat glad to speak of this incident that had terrorized them so long ago and to get a weight off their chests.
Some other supernatural incidents that I know of:
* My maternal grandfather was informed of the upcoming birth of one of his sons by a ghost of an ancestor. As if on cue, the said pregnancy was confirmed pretty soon.
* And my 90 year old paternal grandfather knew that my daughter was on her way to this world on the exact day before my wife's pregnancy test returned positive. He had a dream in which a baby crawled to his lap and played with him. So when we called home the next morning to pass on the happy news, he already knew it.
* We had a pet doberman in the extended family. I and the dog had a bit of a bond. One night, out of the blue, the pooch came to me in my dream and played around with me joyfully. I was quite happy the next day to have had such a pleasant dream, until I learned that the poor thing had passed away the previous night. I was taken aback a bit.
locusjag is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 03:10   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Real Incident[/b]:
This happened in ... about it, scared to the bone.
I completely concur with such an incident since I can share a similar personal experience. My maternal uncle who was severely ill and was admitted to a prominent hospital in Bengaluru in the year 2009 was on his death bed and he uttered similar words that few people were waiting at the door. And yes, a few minutes later, he passed away. It may not be spooky, but I've heard similar stories where few people know it a few minutes /hours in advance about the time of their departure to the other world.

May the departed souls attain moksha!
Simha.k is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks