Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2017, 09:48   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

As far as I know, that the big bang is how this universe began is an unproven hypothesis, let alone why it happened!

Digression over.
Old 25th May 2017, 10:37   #647
BHPian

Guys c'mon lets move on can we, its getting rather boring and mundane with all these theories and hypothesis, can someone please share some nice spooky stuff and get this thread back on track!
Old 25th May 2017, 12:46   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Apparently, it works this way in realms of theoretical physics. None of the proponents of big bang theory, for example, have been able so far to prove why it occurred, and any cause put forward is still a hypothesis.
Science cannot be used to analyze hypotheses which can’t be falsified. In other words, If you make a statement, and there is literally no way to prove that statement is wrong, then you cannot use science to find out whether it’s true or not.

Regarding Big Bang theory, even today, People say, it is the most widely accepted theory on how universe is formed. And Nobody says, Since Big Bang theory has not been able to be disproved by anyone, it is true.
Old 25th May 2017, 12:53   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Science cannot be used to analyze hypotheses which can’t be falsified. In other words, If you make a statement, and there is literally no way to prove that statement is wrong, then you cannot use science to find out whether it’s true or not.

Regarding Big Bang theory, even today, People say, it is the most widely accepted theory on how universe is formed. And Nobody says, Since Big Bang theory has not been able to be disproved by anyone, it is true.
Digressing for the last time (hopefully). But this is also spooky in a different way...

I didn't say that. I said, hypothesis (multiverse hypothesis) which is based on either proven theories or providing a possible explanation of unanswered parts of an proven theory (big bang), can not be brushed away. Everyone of us know universe started with singularity (highly condensed pure energy state) through big bang. The "proven" theory of mass energy equivalence says that equal no of matter and anti-matter is formed when energy is converted into matter. In our "observable" universe, all around us, all we see is matter and close to 0 anti-matter. Why so? If a universe comprising of only "normal" matter is here, what makes it so impossible to state that a universe entirely made of anti-matter might also be present?

P.S. I don't believe in multiverse theory as well, but I can't brush it aside too.
Old 25th May 2017, 15:12   #650
BHPian

I have a tale of very spooky experience myself and then even more spooky experience of my cousin. Of course both are not paranormal, just spooky.

1. I lived in Chennai, Thiruvanmiyur area nearly a year or more along with some of my friends. We had two separate rooms and 3 of us stayed in one room and another 3 in the adjacent room. My room mates went to their home town once and so one of the friends from the other room slept in our room. I didn't know that this guy had the problem of sleep walking/talking. So in the middle of the night this guy wakes me up and starts arguing about some thing. Now he is a filmy buff, and obviously he was living some scene from a movie where he is the hero and I am the bad guy. Think of it, when some one wakes you up when your deeply asleep and starts to argue and dares you to fight him, what or how would you react. it took me a moment to understand/realise what was happening. So I shouted his name and this guy came to his senses, looked here and there and again slept like nothing happened.

2. If my experience is spooky, the one my cousin brother (rather his friend) had would kill a weak hearted person. He got a job in Bangalore and stayed with some of his college mates who were also working in Bangalore. Of one his friend's cousin came to Bangalore in search of job and was to stay with them in their single bedroom house. All of them used to sleep in the hall itself and the bedroom was used to keep their things. Now this new guy also had sleep problems and he had this weird habit of sitting near a person and bend over them and stare at their faces. My cousin nor his friends were aware of this. So the first day around midnight when every one was deep asleep this guy got up, sat near one of my cousin's friends and started staring at his face. Whether, it was the change in flow of air, as this guy was bent over the face of the person or some other thing, that poor guy was awakened from his sleep, only to find some one bent over him and staring at him. I don't have to tell what would have ensued after that. From that day onwards, the new guy was asked to sleep in the bedroom and they bolted the door from outside.
Old 25th May 2017, 17:06   #651
BANNED

Well if you want some nice spooky stuff and one that is nicely grounded in a real Utah ranch, then one can do worse than read about the "Hunt for the Skinwalker".
The following is a compelling account : http://www.ovni.ch/guest/bourdais6.htm

Last edited by shashanka : 25th May 2017 at 17:12.
Old 26th May 2017, 11:44   #652
BHPian

A few years ago I experienced something that still haunts me till date.
I was in Vizag to meet a friend, he lived at Rushikonda Beach, very close to the IT park. Now that area is very desolate during that times itself so night times were even more eerie. Now the society my friend lived in was very close to his office (hill no2) and only 2-3 flats were occupied in that complex. He lived on the last floor.
So anyways, he had to step out for a late night, and he told me to call if you faced an issues. I found that weird and asked him why did he say that. He proceeds to tell me that he has heard the sound of the payal or anklet bracelet at times.
Thinking he was kidding and trying to freak me out, he received the choicest expletives before he left.
Like a classic moron watched The Omen while having dinner.
I wandered into a deep sleep, but suddenly woke up at around 3am. The air conditioners voltage had fluctuated and it was restarting, so it got really stuffy in those couple minutes. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to get a cold drink of water.....and what happened next made me freeze in my tracks, I could hear the sound of someone's payal.
I would've built a mansion with the bricks I @#$% after hearing that noise. I checked my friends room and he wasn't back from his date. Somehow gathered the courage and switched on all the lights in the house and thoroughly checked all cupboards, bathrooms etc. Nothing. Then I heard the sound again and almost went ballistic, cause I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, and ofcourse from the fact that I was scared as hell.
Decided to have a quick smoke in the balcony thinking that may relieve any anxiety. So grabbed my Marlboros and stepped out in the balcony. As I lit my smoke, I heard the payal again.
By this time I was convinced it really is something supernatural and out for me. Just could figure out where the sound was coming from.
Decided to detach myself from that moment and feeling and leaned over the balcony.
Thats when I looked down into the darkness and noticed something, I squinted real hard to try and make out what it was, and then the payal sounded again. After my eyes adjusted to the darkness below I slowly realized that there was bhaiss ka tabela (Buffalo shed) below and that sound was of the bells tied around their necks. It obviously sounded like payals.
The next morning my friend got the choicest expletives...again...and his mystery was solved too.
We had a good laugh but the thought of a womans spirit walking around with payals surely scared me silly.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th May 2017 at 12:51. Reason: Rule 11
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 19:07   #653
BHPian

Boarding schools and hostels are sure to give you a date with the supernatural. This one happened in my 12th grade when we decided to try out the Ouija board. We couldn’t source an Ouija board and did some ‘jugaad’ and printed one. We got a junior who claimed he knew this and began. After a lot of time and overacting later, the fellow said a spirit was here and we should ask it a question. We could feel some kind of energy around, I guess it was our mind playing tricks. We had agreed that we would ask what our percentages in a previous exam to confirm that junior wasn’t faking it since only we knew it not him. He did point out to the correct mark of guy and fear had replaced the scoff we had in our minds. But we were still skeptical so we said one member of our group only should be the mediator. We gave it another try, we all felt the presence of a weird energy and the mediator guy almost broke down. Now the guy we selected was the bravest of the bunch, those adventurous types who never believe in all this. Our bravery oozed out from our behinds and all of us had fever the next morning. The school nurse, principal and our teachers wondered how the five of us could fake a fever so well and we had a hard time convincing them it wasn’t fake. None of us risked going to our dorm alone for a few weeks after that.
Old 10th July 2017, 10:26   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Just came across this:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/stori...5266122516157/
Old 10th July 2017, 14:03   #655
BHPian

Well this is not something which can be termed as spooky but nonetheless, here goes nothing.

I do not know if anybody experiences this, but the little things experienced at the beginning of each day provide a sort of setting for the whole day. E.g. coffee cup slips in the morning spilling some coffee, some things fall off on the floor or sometimes things do not work when you need them to work.

If such is the case then most assuredly I will keep facing issues throughout the day. Something as simple as not being able to overtake the vehicle in front (yes!) to a crucial office issue failing.

OTOH, if the morning goes smooth then the day goes smoothly. And this has nothing to do with my mood setting in the morning. Even if the morning is bad, I am in an ok mood while driving, say or even in the office. Nowadays I just laugh it off.

I also keep experiencing some deja-vu moments. And these are only moments lasting around 1-2 minutes at most. The rest of the day is brand new! E.g. During the day, I suddenly realize that this exact moment has occurred earlier and this is exactly what the other person will say now and I will reply with this and so on.

Add to that the fact that for quite some months now, things in the house keep falling for no reason. E.g. a cloth kept on the chair will fall off or a box kept on the shelf will fall off.

I tried to reason that maybe some wind blowing through open areas may be the cause or something else. But there is no such thing. E.g. in the bathroom, a box which has been on the shelf for some months now suddenly decided to descend to the floor. There was no door opening or closing or window opening and even the wind could not have caused it. I did not touch the shelf nor was there any lizard or other creature which could have caused it to tumble.

Like I said, nothing spooky but somewhat out of the ordinary.
Old 10th July 2017, 15:16   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post

I also keep experiencing some deja-vu moments. And these are only moments lasting around 1-2 minutes at most. The rest of the day is brand new! E.g. During the day, I suddenly realize that this exact moment has occurred earlier and this is exactly what the other person will say now and I will reply with this and so on.
Yeah.. You stole my thoughts on this one.

I had also experienced the same thoughts as if the moment I am living in right now has already been passed.

And I can exactly recall that same things has been said and done.
Old 10th July 2017, 16:09   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also keep experiencing some deja-vu moments. And these are only moments lasting around 1-2 minutes at most. The rest of the day is brand new! E.g. During the day, I suddenly realize that this exact moment has occurred earlier and this is exactly what the other person will say now and I will reply with this and so on. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
I had also experienced the same thoughts as if the moment I am living in right now has already been passed. And I can exactly recall that same things has been said and done.
If you gentlemen are counting the daily dosage of umpteen "I told you so" dialogs we get from the bitter half and the subsequent "eating humble pie" replies on our part as deja-vu moments, then sorry, that's not allowed. But yes, those moments can certainly be categorized as spooky!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 11th July 2017, 16:58   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
daily dosage of umpteen "I told you so" dialogs we get from the bitter half and the subsequent "eating humble pie" replies on our part
Those moments are certainly deja-vu as far as the "eating humble pie" portion is concerned.

Now this one is kind of spooky experience. Years ago, me along with my friend had gone to visit Raigad fort. Fortunately we got the mtdc room on the top of the fort and so we decided to stay for the night.

Now this was in college days (nearing the end of college). We had heard many stories of the umpteen number of ghosts haunting Raigad, mostly in the bazaar area of the fort. So we decided to explore the fort at 12 in the night and accordingly we had dinner at 10 and around 12 the two of us set out to explore the fort.

The wind was blowing (as is normal on the top) and we began hearing loud bangs, like a metal hitting on metal. But this perplexed us since we knew that we were the only ones on the fort. We decided to explore further. Moving in the direction of the sound which grew louder as we drew closer, we were tensed. But then we saw the cause of the sound - there is a flag on the fort and the chain of the flagpost had come loose and was banging on the post.

So we continued through the bazaar area which is spooky as hell in the night. The bazaar is a lane with ruins of shops on both sides. On the back of the shops are houses of the shopkeepers, also in ruins. Now stories were abound that many shopkeepers were killed and their shops destroyed and now their spirits roam around the shops and houses at night.

We had only our mobile (3310) battery throwing a dim light in the blackness surrounding us. The howling wind, black surroundings and the knowledge that there were only two of us on the fort made an eerie atmosphere. As we began moving closer to the temple on the rear side of the fort, both of us experienced a force kind of pulling us away from the temple. Our steps got heavier and beads of sweat rolled down our foreheads. We continued for some distance, but finally and reluctantly we gave up and returned to our room.

The next morning we went to the same spot and laughed at ourselves at the normalcy. We returned the same night to the same spot and this time we were able to proceed without a hitch. As to why we were not able to do it the previous night, neither of us has an answer.
Old 11th July 2017, 17:14   #659
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
Yeah.. You stole my thoughts on this one.

I had also experienced the same thoughts as if the moment I am living in right now has already been passed.

And I can exactly recall that same things has been said and done.
Wow it's the same here! Infact I have noted this down in a diary whenever such things Happened.

Last edited by akshay380 : 11th July 2017 at 17:15.
Old 14th July 2017, 13:03   #660
BHPian

I dont know if this falls in spooky category but still il share it out here.
i recently installed PIR sensor on the first floor where i am the only occupant,my mother and sister sleep on the ground floor.
Since i needed the light to come on automatically when someone stepped inside the first floor i installed the sensor in such a way that anybody who climbed up and entered the light would come on for 18 seconds and then would switch off.

Some days the light comes on by its own and i sit and watch it from my bedroom wondering who came up, and when i would go and check nobody is around,my mum and sis are fast asleep.
Most of the time when the light comes on i would also hear some sound like a stick falling on my roof.But who would be with a stick on my roof at 2am in the morning.
Now i have just got used to it, recently when my relatives visited they didn't know about the sensor light and were quite amused about the light coming on and off.
Heck tired of finding answers i just switch the damn light off and sleep peacefully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks