Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 13:24   #496
JLS
BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

@tsk1979

You have a knack of writing and presenting unbelievable things in a crafty way to make gullible souls believe in what you say!

I say, darn good job, let these come, I am glued to this thread just because of your entertaining posts.

Thanks
JLS
Old 15th December 2014, 14:26   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotys View Post
Well, this happened when I was working as a Interior Designer(Now architect) 3 years before.I used to work 2-3 days straight day and night staying in office to complete the design work. I'm so used to work in nights and enjoy doing it.
Hair rising stuff indeed. Where is this place, is it chennai? I have stayed back only once or twice at my offices in Chennai. That said, I have done a couple of months night shift while I was at Gurgaon where I would be the only person in a large floor and most of the lights switched off. Thankfully no spooky stuff there. That said, did see couple of fights outside during the early mornings on the road outside
Old 15th December 2014, 14:55   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Hair rising stuff indeed. Where is this place, is it chennai? I have stayed back only once or twice at my offices in Chennai. That said, I have done a couple of months night shift while I was at Gurgaon where I would be the only person in a large floor and most of the lights switched off. Thankfully no spooky stuff there. That said, did see couple of fights outside during the early mornings on the road outside
Yes it was in Chennai.This building is near by the Nandhanam signal and very near to Rain Tree hotel.I refrain from naming that building since I think the buildings reputation would be in jeopardy.

After I went home, I didn't say anything to my family. But my mom seemed worried. I asked her what it was, she said, she had a bad dream involving me and she had tried to call me but the call didn't went through.I asked her at what time she called,

She said 2 AM!
Old 15th December 2014, 16:09   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it was in Chennai.This building is near by the Nandhanam signal.....
Dont need the building, I was just wondering if it was a lonely location, or any of the spooky locations in Chennai. This area, should have been busy at any part of the night or day. Im sure for the next couple of months, you would have opted out of staying back beyond 10. Did you check if the security or any others had a similar similar experience.

Im sure TSK would come with his inference given the Latitude / Longtitude, the city(with its historic significance) and the fact that its Mount Road, which was laid way way back, and should have seen soo many accidents, etc, etc. Also the plan to lay the metro underneath this road, should have something to do with releasing the spirits from beneath. (limited to the number of smileys allowed). Not sure if the fact that this road, connects you to GH, Fort, Seaport (through a short road near Island ground), airport, has most of the defence establishments of the city on it , and used to be one of the main Highway connecting to south/rest of Tamil Nadu had anything to do with it!!

Last edited by raghu.t.k : 15th December 2014 at 16:14.
Old 15th December 2014, 17:19   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Dont need the building, I was just wondering if it was a lonely location, or any of the spooky locations in Chennai.
Yes, you are absolutely right. The particular building I'm referring to, is bang on mount road before the Nandhanam signal. It was a new building and our office was one of first to occupy that space. But, only 6th and 9th floor were occupied by companies. Also our office is the only office at 6th floor, that too at the last end of the corridor.

As you'd know, the mount road is the busiest road in Chennai as far as I know. So this place wont look spooky in day time although in night, its a different story altogether.

Now, to answer your question, I called my boss the next day and this is how our conversation went.

Me: Good morning sir.

Boss: Morning Vinodh, how far has the design gone?

Me: Sir, I want to tell you something happened night in our office, but you should believe me.

Boss: What? you heard any sounds underneath your table?

Me: Yes sir, no sir, not from my table.But I heard unexplainable sounds and visions and your room's glass door shut so hard thrice sir. I think its some kind of, may be, well, a ghost?

Boss: Well, I've been hearing sounds underneath my table and I don't know what causes it. (His table is a large,simple, transparent glass table. No wooden stuff)

Me: Ok sir, so what should we do now?

Boss: Let me bring in a pastor and will do the needful.

Me: Ok sir, thank you.

So, after 2 days later, my boss who is a christian, brought in a pastor. My boss and the pastor did a prayer in their room. But after this incident, I resigned my office not because I was afraid of what happened. I quietly started my own office 2 months before this incident. So moved on.

Lately I heard from one of my ex-colleagues that the random sounds and visions were so horrific, they had to change the office altogether.

Last edited by Vinotys : 15th December 2014 at 17:35. Reason: Exceeded the smiley limit.
Old 15th December 2014, 18:13   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Although I don't believe in Ghosts, GOD or anything Paranormal, but while staying at Coventry in a 3 bedroom house with my 2 other friends I experienced something for almost an entire year with intervals in between. .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Aah Coventry did you say?
To many its just another city.
But its more than that. Much more than that. Being in the center of England, it was actually the capital of the country a few times.
The seat of power.
It has three cathedrals, which bear witness to the very strong aura this city has. It literally reverberates with power.
Power few understand, and fear, for a good reason.

In your neighborhood there must be a practitioner, this is why it happened again and again. Gateways are fixed, and difficult to move, so he could not move around, and had to stick to the room.

Its good you moved out. Otherwise, one night you may have been alone, and then you are gone. Without a trace.
The files are littered with just names and faces, of those lost forever.

Though I have stayed in UK, and heard about this place, I never knew it indeed had a spooky past. I googled this place and what do I find, there are indeed Ghost walks organised there!!

Quote:

Lately I heard from one of my ex-colleagues that the random sounds and visions were so horrific, they had to change the office altogether.
Probably it got annoyed that somebody tried to disturb it. I cross this place frequently, and before 2 years it would have been around 1 or 2 in the morning. Of late I leave earlier, and also take the Cathedral Road. Not sure of the history of that place though.

Now lets wait for TSK's explanation. I am sure something is brewing.

Last edited by raghu.t.k : 15th December 2014 at 18:15.
Old 16th December 2014, 13:00   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You have had quite an experience. But be aware, an entire division of specially trained individuals, the best in their fields exists to contain and destroy any evidence of the supernatural etc.,
Tanveer, a good post. I do believe in these energies. We had called in an expert in this case and somehow, he was able to release the negative energy/spirit from my place. Those who had earlier informed about the home being negative were now giving positive views. Somehow, I am not satisfied.
Will try the salt water exercise.

Actually, another why I believe these things exist is a few things I have either heard/faced. In our village, for Goswami, the ritual/last rights after death is not giving lighting a pyre, but giving "Samadhi". I have had very odd feeling whenever I used to sit on a Samadhi in my childhood. Also, a few known cases of people killing themselves by jumping into the well have surfaced and there are a bit weird noises being heard from near the well.

What I could not understand is the supernatural activities' relation with full moon and no moon nights.
Old 16th December 2014, 19:01   #503
BHPian

Quote:
, went to the MD cabin room, switched on the AC (It was the only AC in our office) and switched on all lights there. Left open the MD room so that the AC chillness will come to the work station area. Let me remind you that all the room had pretty thick rug. I left open the MD room placing the door stopper since it has automatic door closer. If you had to close the door IF the door stopper is engaged, you need to pull/push very hard since the rug provides great friction.

So, happy with all lights switched on, took the seat and BANG.

Felt confused, left the door and went back to my seat.

B A N G.

Now, with bated breath, stood up and stared at the whole office, With camera rolling, Slowly took my seat seeing the glass door,

again,

BANG.

See the dependency? You have to sit for it to happen. I think, it must have been a loose floor slab which moves when you sit. This must have reduced the grip of the carpet on the door stop and resulted in the door swinging loose.
Old 16th December 2014, 19:10   #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
See the dependency? You have to sit for it to happen. I think, it must have been a loose floor slab which moves when you sit. This must have reduced the grip of the carpet on the door stop and resulted in the door swinging loose.
That's a interesting guess, But there are no floor slabs here. Its a full concrete rough floor, that's the reason there is a rug in place. And no, the rug where my seat is, is no way connected to the rug of the glass door.
Old 17th December 2014, 09:07   #505
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's a interesting guess, But there are no floor slabs here. Its a full concrete rough floor, that's the reason there is a rug in place. And no, the rug where my seat is, is no way connected to the rug of the glass door.
Oh, that fully reinforced concrete building with deep foundations.. right? That explains everything. Good you got away
Old 17th December 2014, 19:51   #506

Quote:
Oh, that fully reinforced concrete building with deep foundations.. right? That explains everything. Good you got away
I'd love to hear your insights about this. Even if it's a mechanical failure of the automatic door closer, why should it close in such a speed? Also what is the reason behind the moving lights through out the glass doors?
Old 18th December 2014, 02:32   #507
BHPian

With ghosts, there are two kinds of people, one which believes in it and others which don't. Same applies to readers of tsk in this thread.
Old 18th December 2014, 07:13   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread must be merged with the Official Jokes thread. Whatever the merits of ghosts & paranormal be, the "discussions" have made a mockery of this thread.

Last edited by condor : 18th December 2014 at 07:25.
Old 18th December 2014, 09:05   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also what is the reason behind the moving lights through out the glass doors?
I understand the severity of the experience you heard.
Moving lights through glass doors sounds like ghosts playing hide and seek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This thread must be merged with the Official Jokes thread. Whatever the merits of ghosts & paranormal be, the "discussions" have made a mockery of this thread.
Yeah Condor, must agree with you !!
Sometimes I wonder whether should I read tsk's post entirely.
I get bored with so much technicality. I wish he explains in plain jane english - Boss, you were ghostified.
Old 18th December 2014, 18:33   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I am interested to know because being a Civil Engineer, the subject never enthused me . Hope some paranormal explanation can induce some charm into the subject !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks