Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2018, 17:29   #901
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad Update

Abhaya Waldorf, Hyderabad has an orientation session on 15/12/18 at 10.30 am for parents seeking Admissions for their children into Nursery,Kindergarten , Grade 1 , Grade 2 & Grade 3 for the academic year 2019-20 .

For further details please contact the school on +91 8008222056 /+91 40- 23792234

http://www.abhayaschool.com/
Old 11th December 2018, 17:45   #902
BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Can people recommend some good schools for Pre-KG in Bannerghatta Road and Kanakapura Road Area (Plan is for June 2019). As per this thread looks like I am already late...
The admission process for many of the schools like Kumaran's is already done. There is a new campus being built by DPS for their junior school and they are adding a few additional sections. You should be able to check with DPS south about admissions. Many of them don't prefer DPS as they say its crowded.

Last edited by Madhu_Bengaluru : 11th December 2018 at 17:46.
Old 25th December 2018, 10:14   #903
Senior - BHPian

BHPian Parent from Trivandrum, can you suggest for multi-culture school for middle classes ??
Old 2nd January 2019, 21:50   #904
BHPian

Hello guys,

I have heard that in Bangalore, there are just a few Main NPS schools and the remaining are franchises.

I have heard only the main NPS schools are good and the franchises are just cashing in on the name. Is this true?

Heard there is a new one coming on Hsr road as well. Can someone throw some light.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th January 2019, 09:55   #905
Oxy
BHPian

NPS is now open in Kadugodi and they are taking admissions. They can be reached at 888-45-33333. More details here:

https://www.npswhitefield.com/
Old 4th January 2019, 10:01   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Hello guys,

I have heard that in Bangalore, there are just a few Main NPS schools and the remaining are franchises.
Our daughter has started going to NPS Jayanagar for the past year and for sure its a franchise and I am yet to form a strong opinion if the school is good or bad. For us, the school is walk-able, teachers are approachable and most importantly our daughter just loves the school and her teachers... which was not the case when she was studying in California.
Old 4th January 2019, 11:56   #907
BHPian

Quote:
You are right.. the core NPS family of schools include only a few as listed here. This includes the following schools in Bangalore:
  1. NPS Rajajinagar
  2. NPS Indiranagar
  3. NPS Koramangala
  4. NPS HSR Layout
  5. NPS Urbana
  6. NAFL
  7. TISB
All other "NPS" Schools are franchises.

Quote:
I have heard only the main NPS schools are good and the franchises are just cashing in on the name. Is this true?
This is not entirely true. Are the franchises leveraging the NPS name? Yes, that's probably the reason for the franchise agreement. But, some of these schools are good in their own right. Some of these have been operational for 15+ years and have a very good reputation.

My son was previously studying in National Hill View Public School (NHVPS) (a school which started as a franchise) and he now studies at NPS Rajajinagar. We have found both schools to be comparable in terms of faculty and facility quality.

It is indeed good to be aware of which schools are core NPS and which ones are franchises. However, I think this should not be a deciding factor - please do look at faculty, facilities, performance over the years and feedback from parents before selecting a school.
Kamikaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 17:00   #908
BHPian

Friends, any good convent schools in Bangalore east (near HRBR layout) where it's relatively easier for non-Catholics to secure admission? We have right now applied to St. Vincent Pallotti school and are awaiting the results (due on Jan-08), not sure if we'll be able to make it though. I am biased towards ICSE convent schools since I myself am an ICSE convent school alumnus. But from what we have heard till now, its quite difficult to secure admissions in good convent schools unless you are a Catholic or you can manage some recommendations.
Old 4th January 2019, 18:11   #909
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_lm View Post
Friends, any good convent schools in Bangalore east (near HRBR layout) where it's relatively easier for non-Catholics to secure admission?
I'm not sure about how easy/difficult it is to get admission at convent run schools but HRBR/Kalyan Nagar isn't too far from Frazer Town in the vicinity of Wheeler Road, St. John's Church Road and Promenade road where there are many such old time convent schools - St. John's, St. Germains, Francis Xavier, St.Josephs (Girls), etc.
Old 4th January 2019, 19:08   #910
Senior - BHPian

Abhaya Waldorf Hyderabad

There is an orientation session for new parents who are desirous of seeking admission for their children at Abhaya Waldorf, Hyderabad. Those who want to join Abhaya, admissions are open for classes Nursery to Grade 3. Please feel free to circulate this message to your friends. As you already know, Abhaya does not indulge in any commercial advertisements and only believes in awareness spread by word of mouth of its admission process.

Timing: 10.15 AM

Date: 5/1/19, Saturday

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th January 2019 at 16:48. Reason: Space after punctuation.
Old 13th January 2019, 23:51   #911
BHPian

Looking for a school near HSR layout in Bangalore that practices any alternative teaching methods.

My 3 year old used to go to a school which followed reggio system and was quite happy there, unfortunately that school is closing down.

Any leads appreciated.
Old 19th January 2019, 12:05   #912
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Can people recommend some good schools for Pre-KG in Bannerghatta Road and Kanakapura Road Area (Plan is for June 2019). As per this thread looks like I am already late...

Not sure if you are still looking, but might help others. I would recommend School of India (near bannerghatta circle). It is run by the trust which runs the DPS schools in Bangalore.

My daughter is currently studying (started in june 2018) in pre-kg in that school. We are happy with the school, teachers and the teaching methods and more important, my daughter loves to go to school.
Old 20th January 2019, 10:55   #913
BHPian

Hello,

My office is shifting from Hinjewadi to Kharadi this April, So I am now looking for a school for my daughter, who is currently studying in Nursery.
Would like a school where she can continue post primary education also.

I have not decided on a place to live, would like to take a rental flat near the school.

Any pointers on school would be great help.
Old 29th January 2019, 22:07   #914
BHPian

Dear All, I am looking for some feedback on Deeksha P.U Integrated college in Kanakapura road, Bangalore for XI and XII std. This is the Deeksha Main campus called DCFL and not the Deeksha affiliated colleges. My daughter is writing her X board exams this year and we plan to admit her into Deeksha P.U college for next academic year which offers integrated IIT-JEE coaching in tie up with ACE Academy. If any of your kids or you yourself had studied in Deeksha Main Campus in the past, please let me know the feedback on this college.

Initial feedback is that the college is purely academic oriented and no place for co-curricular activities. I am more bothered about the burn out issues which the kids might face with 24 months of rigorous coaching and repeated tests every week which we were told would be conducted during the orientation.

Last edited by gopikb : 29th January 2019 at 22:22.
Old 30th January 2019, 11:21   #915
BHPian

My son is currently studying in 8th standard. He consistently gets good scores in his school (ICSE syllabus) and always ranks in the top 5. He can very quickly grasp the topics being discussed in Physics and Mathematics even if they are class 10 topics.

I am planning to get him enrolled to institutes like FIT-JEE or Allen's for IIT JEE coaching. Some of his classmates are getting the coaching from 8th standard itself. As I felt 8th might be too early, I asked him to attend the "entrance" exams this year conducted by the institutes. While he did very well and got fee waiver upto 50%, I am still having two thoughts on whether the institutes can help him achieve his IIT / NIT dreams.

My Physics / Mathematics is bit rusty but I can get up to the speed and do home coaching ( I still have to plan how to set aside my time for him though)

My question is combined with his own effort and guidance from my side, is cracking JEE possible without going through the training from the institutes like FIT-JEE , Allen's etc?

Most Viewed