Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 14:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
^^
When I am sure about the person in the other car and if they also know me, it's easy to stop them!!! isnt it? :-)
that is what we're trying to establish here - a way to get attention of the BHPians. so, tell us how would you get them to stop?
Old 26th April 2010, 14:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

^^
Honk/go parallel, if you know each other (or car).

Honking/Flashing the lamp when you spot the bhpian (first time) will make them drive fast/rash (I have seen atleast 15-20 times). I had few bad experience also with TBHP cars, but never posted in the forum.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

hey, we could make a beeper (something like that irritating reversing sound ppl fix in their car) which says "Freeze, Team-BHP!" and have a switch for it in the dash

basically recording someone's voice on to a solid state chip and amplifying it. you could also sell that as a Team-BHP goodie. so who's got a deep voice?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 26th April 2010 at 14:44.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had few bad experience also with TBHP cars, but never posted in the forum.
IMO you should have posted them here.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
i agree. next time we can avoid such people in case we spot them.
Old 26th April 2010, 15:17   #66
BHPian

Keep a pink pom pom in your car, the moment you think some car is being driven by a T-BHPian, put your right hand out of the window and wave the pom pom, that should do!
Old 26th April 2010, 15:40   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i agree. next time we can avoid such people in case we spot them.
I read in sticker thread that TBHP like stickers are available in many accessory stores in Bangalore.

Cars I had bad experience had genuine TBHP stickers but they were unaware about this forum sticker spottings etc I believe. Their reactions were rude and driving style was .

I decided to ignore them!!!

IIRC

1) White Zen with black bumper - KA 03 MX XXXX - LTD sticker at rear (had HSNP number plate)

2) Champagne gold (not sure) OHC - got bhp? sticker on rear bumper - Was KA 51 series number (not sure)

Out of 60K+ members only few hundreds are active in sticker thread and I know some members are hyper active in spottings and are excited to see other bhpians on road.
Old 26th April 2010, 15:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cars I had bad experience had genuine TBHP stickers but they were unaware about this forum sticker spottings etc I believe. Their reactions were rude and driving style was .

I decided to ignore them!!!
unaware of this sticker thread or not, people need to know how to behave. also, its not a just anybody who's trying to befriend them - its a Team-BHPian! people need to learn to listen to others before reacting!

MODS: would it be in the best interests of this community for you to send out a mass message something in the lines of "You might bump into a Team-BHPian", so that BHPians are aware that there is a possibility that they might be spotted/approached by other BHPians?

this could possibly help avoid situations like the ones Latheesh has been in.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:00   #69
BHPian

We can put up a small triangular flag saying "TBHP" on the antena or some where on the car which is visible from all the four sides of the car and also looks kinda cool.
Old 27th April 2010, 02:24   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
Keep a pink pom pom in your car, the moment you think some car is being driven by a T-BHPian, put your right hand out of the window and wave the pom pom, that should do!
Yes. I agree. This is the BEst way. Awesome!!

I usually see cars belonging to teamBHPians when I am riding. SO I point out to the sticker on the DIO.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:37   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I usually see cars belonging to teamBHPians when I am riding. SO I point out to the sticker on the DIO.
I do the same, but always get a blank stare from people.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

What to do when you spot a Team BHPian breaking the traffic rules?

I spotted a Ritz day before yesterday at the signal at the junction where the Airoli road meets Mulund. The Ritz guy jumped the signal and ran off. I was initially elated to see a fellow Team BHPian, but then was ashamed to see him jump the signal. It was an MH-43 registered car.

So, while I feel happy to see a fellow TBHPian and may want to attract his attention so we could chat up and share experiences, what do I do when I am dying of shame seeing another TBHPian shamelessly breaking the law? Do I just try to die of shame?
Old 25th July 2010, 12:55   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
what do I do when I am dying of shame seeing another TBHPian shamelessly breaking the law? Do I just try to die of shame?
What do we do when we see so many law-breakers, news about guys doing illegal activities, and other what not? They are all Indians as we are.

If we all try to do what you do, then India will be a country of no population

So, just ignore and make sure you don't repeat it. Simple.
Old 25th July 2010, 13:31   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
What to do when you spot a Team BHPian breaking the traffic rules?
what do I do when I am dying of shame seeing another TBHPian shamelessly breaking the law? Do I just try to die of shame?
mention them here. its people like these that makes me wanna take off the stickers from my car!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 25th July 2010 at 13:34.
Old 25th July 2010, 14:49   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
What do we do when we see so many law-breakers, news about guys doing illegal activities, and other what not? They are all Indians as we are.

If we all try to do what you do, then India will be a country of no population

So, just ignore and make sure you don't repeat it. Simple.
I am a stickler for following the traffic signals. I have often received angry shouts and prods (verbal) from drivers behind me who see me stopped at a red light where everyone else is trying to get past the light. But somehow I guess I won't be the one breaking the law.

Well, being on Team BHP I regard this as a community, a bit different to the society at large. Abiding by the law should always be the focus of the community, and so the guilt and shame is more when a fellow member does it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks