Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 16:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Worst thing on wheels which I bought was a Saffire scooter from Bajaj in 2000 for Rs 35000.. This was the first four stroke scooter in India, and before the launch of the Activa. Te Sffire is the worst scooter ever made any where in the entire world. It boasted of automatic three speed transmission et al. This transmission would work whenever it wanted and riding the scooter was a horrendous affair. The engine was a rebored M80 one t0 93cc. Thank heavens Bajaj's exited from scooter segment for ever.

i guess 1st four stroke scooter launched by bajaj was bajaj legend

correct me if i am wrong
Old 9th January 2010, 16:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Ajmat, Is this restricted to cars only?

Or can we include bikes(bicycles or motorcycles)?
Nope, anything goes!
Old 9th January 2010, 16:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
I have some frustration too about Apple's policies, but look at how biased your post is. There's a way to present better assurance among readers to be aware of the way things are.
dude,

Bias?? Kindly enlighten me, biased towards what? What I have written is based on my personal experience and my opinion about apple's draconian restrictive attitude which I think is a little out of place in the 21st century.

My post is not to influence or assure anyone else it's purely my personal experience that I'm ranting about.

Last edited by Wolfheart : 9th January 2010 at 16:39.
Old 9th January 2010, 17:21   #19
BHPian

I regret buying my Indigo in 2004; and replacing it in 2008 with... The Renault Logan !

Wish i had bought the Verna CRDi Automatic last year.
Old 9th January 2010, 18:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Regret buying Kinetic SYM Flyte in Dec '07.
The mileage is nothing good to write home about (compared to Activa), as is the fuel tank capacity. Add to that, kinetic shut shop.
Wished i had bought a Honda Aviator.

Last edited by DCEite : 9th January 2010 at 18:47.
Old 9th January 2010, 18:57   #21
BHPian

My mistake : Sony Laptop and Sony F350 Mobile

The quality is terrible, I regret paying extra just for the Sony badge. Saying that, all the gadgets at my home are Sony :P
Old 9th January 2010, 22:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well, i didn't bought it, but my family bought mahindra voyager, after seeing a Mitshu sticker on it. And seeing a similar Mitshu in Nepal, the decision was final by them, no argument.

Selling it off was my decision, no argument from their side.

There was no problem in the vehicle as such, the parts that Mahindra failed to deliver us, was a nightmare. Even a smallest thingy like coolant bottle.

Last edited by SirAlec : 9th January 2010 at 22:40.
Old 9th January 2010, 23:11   #23
BHPian

Gosh it would have been the elantra GTD, but thankfully my wife kicked my *** into buying the City Zx instead. Same price actually the Elantra was cheaper.

My cheap thrill came from the fact that I could buy an entry D segmet car for the price of a C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Well, i didn't bought it, but my family bought mahindra voyager, after seeing a Mitshu sticker on it. And seeing a similar Mitshu in Nepal, the decision was final by them, no argument.

Selling it off was my decision, no argument from their side.

There was no problem in the vehicle as such, the parts that Mahindra failed to deliver us, was a nightmare. Even a smallest thingy like coolant bottle.
I am Glad you did'nt bought it,...Gosh the coolant of all things !?
You should give the honchos @ mahindra a ear full for this

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th January 2010 at 22:15. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks
Old 9th January 2010, 23:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well it has to be Hyundai Accent Viva Crdi...
Old 9th January 2010, 23:35   #25
BHPian

Sony DVD HandyCam DCRDVD908E- A lousy machine that costed over 50K
HTC Touch - I think I rather hate the Windows OS than anything
Old 9th January 2010, 23:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Gosh it would have been the elantra GTD, but thankfully my wife kicked my *** into buying the City Zx instead. Same price actually the Elantra was cheaper.

My cheap thrill came from the fact that I could buy an entry D segmet car for the price of a C.
But Elantra D is an excellent car. City ZX is no where near it in performance, features, running costs ( diesel ). It's fully loaded, costs less and flies on highways. It can even beat Civic in pick-up and top speed. Pity, it did not succeed. I don't know what it is with us Indians that we boguth the ugly Hyundais ( Santro, i10 ) and rejected their beauties ( Elantra,, Sonata, Terracan, Tucson ). I think we like to marry beautiful girls but buy ugly cars.
Old 9th January 2010, 23:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
But Elantra D is an excellent car. City ZX is no where near it in performance, features, running costs ( diesel ). It's fully loaded, costs less and flies on highways. It can even beat Civic in pick-up and top speed. Pity, it did not succeed. I don't know what it is with us Indians that we boguth the ugly Hyundais ( Santro, i10 ) and rejected their beauties ( Elantra,, Sonata, Terracan, Tucson ). I think we like to marry beautiful girls but buy ugly cars.
Quote "I think we like to marry beautiful girls but buy ugly cars. Un Quote " Thats was good,... real Good.

Anyways The version GTD was a last min ditch effort to sell more cars. This was a stripped down petrol version for 7.2 lacs> I loved the engine and the rush of being propelled by a furious motor at 5000 clicks. But the wife liked the interiors of the city.

The reason why I am glad I listened to the wife was that If I traded in today I would for sure been dissapointed if I had the GTD. Great car though. It even won the Autocar Shoot out between the corolla, Octavia, & the Optra.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Something similar..we had a Estate 96-97 that timeframe. Drove like a dream when it was new...limo like backseat. Came home after 1 year for summer holidays.

Seemd like the car had been bombed from the air. Every thing was loose shaking or falling off. all plastics had come loose. alternator failed middle of highway and front suspension broke and the car was sitting tilted. Sold for less than 1 lakh in 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Add to that, kinetic shut shop.
Wished i had bought a Honda Aviator.
I think Mahindra is providing parts, sales and support for the Flyte.

Last edited by Mpower : 12th January 2010 at 18:43.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Indica DLE V2.

Piece of Junk. Every 15 days the car was in the garage.

Pain in the wrong place.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nope, anything goes!
Great - nice thread ! Here goes -
I bought a crap thing called "nicer-dicer". A so-scalled vegetable slicing machine, from the tele shopping network.
My fingernails are probably sharper than the thing.
I called for a refund, and the process was so cumbersome, they drank so much of my blood, that I finally threatened to take them to consumer court.
Never tele shop. Never, ever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks