Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 14:40   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
Sorry boss i am not a Steve Jobs fanboi, never been one. I for one hate Apple products, but that does not mean i will simply write it off when its a decent product.

Cheers
You know dude "Decent" just doesn't cut it for me when I shell out 30k of my hard earned money! In my opinion the I-phone is not a satisfactory product.

Sorry but I'm not impressed with useless juvenile apps that would change my voice to a girls voice or allow me to play pranks with caller ID when I'm missing important business calls.

So if you have to harp about virtues of the I-phone, I'm sure there would be another thread that's more relevant. I think this thread is intended for folks to share their regrets and opinions about products freely and without interference.

Live and let criticise, what say!

Cheers

Last edited by Wolfheart : 13th January 2010 at 14:42.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:42   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Regrets:
- 2005 Lancer: I love this car, and we still have it today. However, the car had its fair share of problems, mainly due to Mitsubishis lack of Q.C. I regret not going for the Baleno, or NHC.
However, it is important to note, that if I could, I would definitely buy another Mitsubishi, preferably used though, with the intent of either doing it up, or having fun while driving it.
Till today, I would love to buy a pre-02 Lancer, or a used Cedia and do it up.
- Blackberry Curve 8310: I love this phone to bits, especially the BBM and push email feature. However, as with all of the older-gen blackberrys, this has its bugs, and keeps on restarting on will. Wish I could get BBM on the Nokia E63.
Will put more, when I remember.

Last edited by lamborghini : 13th January 2010 at 14:44.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I regret buying that pack of Jockeys that was one size too small! Apart from that nothing really!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

same here, only difference is i bought one size too BIG! i am not that fat as i though i am!

You too should meet and exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
A Bajaj KB 135. It used to make some noise in the engine which took me to the service station once every week. Got fed up with that and never enjoyed the drive. Next comes the Polio which was a regret for the family since it was the first car. Some days it sat idle waiting for parts.
Palio ?
Old 13th January 2010, 15:13   #79
BHPian

Like GTO said in his post, I too generally research quite a bit before buying anything (especially electronics)

As for cars, I have only bought 1 car till date (my current one) and I could not be happier with my purchase. It does exactly what I expected it to do.

For some other things I have regretted my purchases though - a Siemens mobile I bought near Churchgate station and whose screen went kaput in a couple of months.
From then on I have not bought anything without B&W. Back then I had just started my first job and saving money was a priority.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

1) A Sony Ericsson W580i (Replaced thrice, yes THRICE and sold finally with the box sealed),
2) A Vodafone Prepaid connection (TN) which doesnt even support conferencing/Pick a second call

and many more to come.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:43   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
You know dude "Decent" just doesn't cut it for me when I shell out 30k of my hard earned money! In my opinion the I-phone is not a satisfactory product.

Sorry but I'm not impressed with useless juvenile apps that would change my voice to a girls voice or allow me to play pranks with caller ID when I'm missing important business calls.

So if you have to harp about virtues of the I-phone, I'm sure there would be another thread that's more relevant. I think this thread is intended for folks to share their regrets and opinions about products freely and without interference.

Live and let criticise, what say!

Cheers
I made 2 different comments and you choosed to quote the second one, sounds to me that ur biased against apple in general.

Anyhow in the end its your decision friend.

One can buy M800 and try taking it off roading and then compain that car didnt survided because of shoddy quality. Who's to blame there ???

Cheers
Old 13th January 2010, 15:52   #82

Videocon Integra LCD Tv

My Videocon Integra 26inch LCD TV is something which I feel I had never bought. I spend 33k for the TV in 2007 when I bought it. Every year, the TV goes for a vacation of about 2 months to the Service center. The first year was free of cost as it was under warranty. The second year cost me 1500 and the third year another 1400, and had to return to the service center after a gap of 10 days, and has been there from November 18th onwards . I had called them up today and gave my BIGGG piece of mind and got a confirmation that I would get my "Videocon DISintegra" back by end of this week. The only thing that I feel good about the TV is the Phillips DVD home theater system which I managed to get free with the TV. Maybe I would be selling it off as soon as I get it back and buy a normal 29 inch TV.
Old 13th January 2010, 16:00   #83
BHPian

Quote:
sounds to me that ur biased against apple in general.
Wrong again, friend!
If I was biased against apple, why would I foolishly waste my money purchasing the I-phone? I'm just stating my personal experience with the product.
On the contrary, it's you who's been attempting to defend the I-phone and contradict another consumer when this is clearly not the appropriate thread for apple worship! I think that's called being biased.

Quote:
One can buy M800 and try taking it off roading and then compain that car didnt survided because of shoddy quality.
Well far from pushing the I-phone to it's limits, the darn thing doesn't even take incoming calls efficiently. So much for a device that's named "I-Phone"!

Quote:
Anyhow in the end its your decision friend.
Hallelujah, thank God! I'm glad you finally understand! Now can we please stick to the topic and also allow others to do so?

Last edited by Wolfheart : 13th January 2010 at 16:10.
Old 13th January 2010, 16:18   #84
BHPian

One thing i regret buying is a set of 'Car scratch/scrape' remover. The guy at the HP bunk near Sahakarnagar showed me and i was amazed to see the scratches disappear. So i bought a complete set only to find out that it does not work when i do it. Guess i ripped off. One more thing i regret buying is this fancy Japanese can opener/bottle opener/wine cork remover (basically all in one opener). I tried opening a can of Rasgullas and CRACK! the roller on the can opener came off. I was disappointed as the opener went for a toss and i could not eat the rasgullas :-)
Old 13th January 2010, 16:22   #85
BHPian

bought Formula 1 car polish, from big bazaar. Big mistake.

after checking the fake wax polish thread, i realized it was a fake and mainly my mistake because it say Formula USA.

I even tried to use it, total crap. Instead of hiding a scratch, it highlighted it by leaving visible white powder in the scratch on Dark Blue car.

Anyone wants it? seriously. You can gift it to your enemy or someone.

UM
Old 13th January 2010, 16:23   #86
Senior - BHPian

SONY DVD Player - Home Theater with 4 column speakers. Surprised?
When I was buying this Home theater with 4 column stand alone speakers + 1 center speaker and a sub-woofer, the dealer guy told me that there is a nagging problem with this player, i.e., it will not play the DVD/VCD if it is not of good quality.
I said to myself, 'I will not anyway use spurious CD's and so its ok.'

Now, this thing doesn't play any Moser Baer DVDs on it. Standard original DVDS. Don't know if it is problem of the DVD or the player, but the same DVD plays in the shop's player. And it would take some other VCDs as well.
Some other friends also seconded the opinion of the original dealer.

Secondly this set doesn't cover complete frequency range. It churns out lots and lots of Bass with much less mid and high frequencies, echoing the room with low frequency terribly.
Thinking of going back to normal box type speaker system again.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 13th January 2010 at 16:24.
Old 13th January 2010, 16:27   #87
Senior - BHPian

rajataurus, if you bought it grey, you might be having region issues with it. if that's the case, you should be able to region unlock it
Old 13th January 2010, 16:30   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
rajataurus, if you bought it grey, you might be having region issues with it. if that's the case, you should be able to region unlock it
I bought this in 2007 in Saudi Arabia.
The player plays many other VCDs, DVDs and even MP3s. It just wouldn't accept Moser Baer DVDs and some other original English movie DVDs. Thats what is strange about it.
Old 13th January 2010, 16:30   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Wrong again, friend!
If I was biased against apple, why would I foolishly waste my money purchasing the I-phone? I'm just stating my personal experience with the product.
On the contrary, it's you who's been attempting to defend the I-phone and contradict another consumer when this is clearly not the appropriate thread for apple worship! I think that's called being biased.

Well far from pushing the I-phone to it's limits, the darn thing doesn't even take incoming calls efficiently. So much for a device that's named "I-Phone"!

Hallelujah, thank God! I'm glad you finally understand! Now can we please stick to the topic and also allow others to do so?
Whatever dude, all i am saying is if you would have researched before buying, you might not have regretted it.

But be happy with your decision, its your money, spending it only stimulated the economy.

Cheers
Old 13th January 2010, 16:30   #90
BHPian

Here are the stuff which I regret buying:

1. Kodak C300 Digital camera - very poor image quality and no optical zoom, even generic chinese point and shoot camera will take better snaps than this c300.

2. LML Pluse scooter - Clutch was like put the scooter in first gear without pressing clutch and engine will not stall, though enjoyed this unique feature which developed itself after a year of buying but due to this top speed was limited to 40 when riding with pillion. Got the clutch plate checked that time and mechanic found it as good as new. Sold it few years back.

3. Classmate Ball pens pack of 5 by ITC - They stop while writing frequently.

4. Kingtel Chorded caller id telephone set - Faults in the new set and dealer was unable to repair it -- cannot set date in caller id, phone lcd goes off after some random time, phone sometimes make loud dialer tone from its speaker and other kind of "kut kut" sound disturbing my sleep. My voice is not heard clearly to the party on other side (I have to shout) and I am living with all these problems because its hardly used

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks