Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2010, 23:37   #46

I regret buying that pack of Jockeys that was one size too small! Apart from that nothing really!
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2010, 08:38   #47
BHPian

The first Indica petrol with the 1.4 injection engine was fantastic for performance, but lousy on mileage !!
I followed this with an Indica Turbo, & man, what a beast that was !! On my frequent trips from Bangalore to Ooty on the Kalhatti ghats, that animal would attack the hair pin bends like a hungry dog after a bone !! The tourque steer was so bad that I had to nurse my wrists for a couple of days.....!
Old 11th January 2010, 09:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

My Corsa (10/2003 bought) has had regular niggles, but mostly minor. Overall although it has been a mostly positive ownership experience. Positives being good ride quality, stability, and interiors that have held up even after more than 6 years. The plastics seem to be much better than the Aveo.

However, the niggles will make me think many times about buying a GM car again. Perhaps never again.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Hmmm. A lot of Indicas. A lot of Tata vehicles actually! Anyways, I am sure they have pulled up their socks and raised the bar from the V2 days.
not really frank!

Quote:
2. Samsung Omnia and iPhone 3G (Both cost 36 k when they were bought. Both failed me miserably)
thanks for that, i was about a buy the omnia HD!

Quote:
4. 5.1 Philips Home Theatre System for Parents' room. My 2.1 computer system sounds better!
Damn! i just ordered a philips 5.1 DVD player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by it_inspector View Post
HTC is probably the worst Phone manufacturer, they fail to provide even the simplest drivers for there own phones, which literally means one will never get more than 30% of the performance they are meant to get. Googling HTC-class-action reveals quite few ugly truths.
thanks for that too! the contenders for my new phone were the HTC & omnia HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
3. bsnl broadband. it frequently disconnects. say like once every 10 mins. is a headache and the service is no better. the linesman and other internet guy has no idea why this happens
same with MTNL broadband. but the issue was different. i used to get a bill of 2000-3000 when my usage was very very limited! finally i opted for an airtel unlimited usage plan & its much much better, also the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I regret buying that pack of Jockeys that was one size too small! Apart from that nothing really!
same here, only difference is i bought one size too BIG! i am not that fat as i though i am!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 11th January 2010 at 10:03.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:47   #50
BHPian

I regretted buying a Splendor on advise of a close friend, without TD. The moment I sat and took it out of the showroom, I realized I had made a mistake.

Good thing is that I did not make that kind of mistake again.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:34   #51
BHPian

I regret buying a sony ericsson W580i walkman Phone.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4s View Post
i guess 1st four stroke scooter launched by bajaj was bajaj legend

correct me if i am wrong
You are 100 % right. What I meant was four stroke gearless scooter.
Sorry for the error and thanks for correcting.

Last edited by rajeev k : 11th January 2010 at 13:18. Reason: spelling error
Old 11th January 2010, 13:20   #53
BHPian

I regret buying Projector Lamps for my SwifDy, thinking it would make nights better than the stock headlamps and boy I was wrong. HID and projector for low beam does no good and ended up buying Hella's to light up the road.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:27   #54
BHPian

Recently I got the Kenwood KDS-P901 digital signal processor for my car, without doing much research and just for the fact that it was $100 cheaper than the Pioneer, its been over a month waiting now and I am yet to find the right Kenwood HU which is compatible with the DSP, wish I had bought the Pioneer DSP @ Rs. 5000 more now I have to shell out 16,000 for a new Kenwood HU. How dumb can one be ??
Old 11th January 2010, 13:36   #55
BHPian

I regret buying Matiz in Jan 2002. Within a couple of months after my purchase, the production was stopped and the dealer from where I bought the car stopped sales & service of Daewoo cars. Though the car was a gem, the lack of authorized service station, non availability of spares & plunge in resale value all hassled me till I sold it in Dec 2005.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

I regretted buying the Fly touchscreen phone. Somehow got duped by the salesguy's pitch that it offers maximum features at minimum cost. 3 months later, the touchscreen went so bad that a single click would require two solid knocks on the screen.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:41   #57
Senior - BHPian

1- Regret buying a Sym Flyte (gearless scooter) on Feruary 2008 (marketed by Kinetic). Soon after Kinetic was taken over by M&M and the dealership in my place
also lost his job. Now the nearest dealer is about 40 km away (one way).
The mileage is very poor -under 30kmpl and now it seems some fuel leakage through the fuel cap (front fuelling system). Wish I could have gone for Honda Activa !

2-Recent purchase: MMI GPS Navigator -VX140 (bought through their dealer). The product received on time but the screen was damaged when opened the parcel and in addition, the device was not working properly.

Several complaints made to MMI but they referred that their warranty do not cover the damages of the device. After lot of email /phone correspondences, finally they agreed to repair the device by paying Rs.750 from my side which I agreed and funds transferred on line to them 10 days back. However they still not able to repair it and despatch to me even after 10 days so I doubt there has been some manufacturing defect on the device which taking time for them to repair it.

Wish, I should have for Satguide or any other mode?
Old 11th January 2010, 16:31   #58
BHPian

yes very much, i sold my 11 months old first hand WagonR Premia and bought a second hand Ford Ikon 1.8 Diesel. too many problems, absolute loss of money. However it was pleasure driving Ikon
Old 11th January 2010, 16:52   #59
BHPian

I frequently change my phones, atleast once in a year, hence two phones i wished i never bought were Nokia 6300 and Nokia 7210 Supernova.

Reasons: Very low battery standby time and Heating Issues. Both were sold within 10 Hrs of Usage

Lesson Learnt: Never trust slim phones from Nokia
Old 11th January 2010, 17:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

Kinetic Sym Flyte.. Except for the front shockers and the stability at decently high speeds, there is not thing else to write home about this scoot. The mileage is mostly below 30 even if driven sedately. Service center is pathetic to say the least. They cannot rectify a single issue with the vehicle.
Fuel Tank capacity is so less coupled with the less mileage makes you travel to the petrol pump quite often than not!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks