Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 23:02   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: The most useless product you've ever tried

Many guys here may differ to this but ArmorAll Protectant did not do any wonders to my cars dashboard!! Waxpol vinyl and leather polish is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonguy View Post
visible to only those having a special relationship with their set of wheels.
And I'm one of those

Last edited by HammerHead : 10th February 2012 at 23:05.
Old 11th February 2012, 07:19   #152
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to convert my credit card points to get an helmet. I was in mail conversation with the bank asking them for the sizes available. And before i could confirm they went ahead and converted the points and sent me a helmet which does not fit. Was following up with them for 6 months for the return of the same with no luck. Gave up and cancelled the credit card from that bank.
Old 11th February 2012, 09:13   #153
Senior - BHPian

Well, for me most of the time its got to be some electronic junk. Two examples to quote.

1. 8 CD Changer in my Indica, When i bought it was worth every rupee, but within 3 months of its purchase there were mp3 CD players available in the market and if felt like a bad thing as 1CD of mp3 could hold more number of songs then 8 Audio CD's put together.

2. Audio CD recorder, bought this in US and it could copy Audio CD's track by track on another Blank Audio CD (mind it not any other blank CD). Soon CD writers became common place and since then its been an electronic junk that i have been carrying around.
Old 11th February 2012, 09:30   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Correct me if I am wrong here but isn't the Formual 1 Scratch out help in hair line scratches?
Yes you're right sajands. Even the scratches on my car are very, very light and not visible from all angles. You need to do quite a bit of mujra to notice. Still the damn thing didn't work.
Old 11th February 2012, 11:58   #155
Senior - BHPian

I share the same opinion about Formula 1 Scratch out.

Another product I bought was Seinhesser earphones for Rs. 2000/-. Total waste of money. My Rs. 600/- Philips earphone is way better & the Seinhesser has been lying unused.
Old 11th February 2012, 12:19   #156
BHPian

Well the most useless product which i even didn't used was a pack of spray polish for the dashboard and body paint+a cube of sponge which my dad bought (of course in my absence) from a fuel station. These guys sell these junks at exorbitant prices from their bags/displayed on a table. They even give a quick demo while re-fueling to fool the customers. IMO It emits a very allergic smell when used. After a month i tried to use one of those lying in the dash board, only to find that the spray bottles had leaked all over (may be due to the heat) and the entire dash was in complete mess along with few important papers

Even when used i have found it of no use.
Old 11th February 2012, 12:21   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Another product I bought was Seinhesser earphones for Rs. 2000/-. Total waste of money. My Rs. 600/- Philips earphone is way better & the Seinhesser has been lying unused.
Did you buy those online? Are you sure that they aren't fakes?

For me, hmm.. It would have to be some side mirror "rain protectors" that I once bought at wallmart. What was I thinking!
Old 11th February 2012, 12:55   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Did you buy those online? Are you sure that they aren't fakes?
Nopes, bought both from Croma.
Old 11th February 2012, 13:48   #159
BHPian

Re: I wish I never bought that!

Sony Xperia Mini Pro. Bad screen, worse camera, worst vfm.
Old 11th February 2012, 14:08   #160
BHPian

Acer 5542 laptop. Cost me 24k. About 6 K cheaper than a similar spec laptop 2 yrs ago.

Optical drive failed within 11 months- Replaced under warranty (failed exactly after guarantee expired)

Speakers conked within 12 months. Replacement still comin even after 2 years.

Battery recently died on me.
Old 12th February 2012, 10:34   #161
BHPian

Re: What are your purchase-time assumptions that went wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
We all make certain assumptions while buying a car and in some cases we find ourselves proven wrong on certain factors. I thought it would be interesting to share our experiences here.

In my case, I bought a petrol car (Fabia) as my 2nd car assuming it will have a very limited usage. Now I wish I had bought a diesel (not necessarily Fabia) because the usage is no longer remains limited.
+ to that. I think we are on par with each other. I also had different ideas in my mind when i bought my second car i10 last year immediately after Manza. But the whole thing changed and also off late parking problems have started in my apartment association rules. Don't know what to do. I wish i could have retained my M800 itself instead of buying i10 which is completely idle.Also i have to burn my fingers if i sell it out now.

Last edited by rki2007 : 12th February 2012 at 10:37.
Old 13th February 2012, 01:57   #162
BHPian

1. A KB 125 that my parents bought for me back in '97 darn thing went thru umpteen gear boxes & bores.
2. a used cielo that left me stranded in the jungles of bandipur due to a conked radiator fan, luckily it was day time(those days you could drive thru bandipur at anytime) & I was able to drive to a mech after it cooled only to suffer more agonizing moments in the rest of the journey to ooty & back to B'lore
Old 13th February 2012, 03:13   #163
BHPian

A HP laptop on ebay sometime back , which had Windows installed in Russian language and the owner was also a Russian with no knowledge of english. Man, i regret the purchase even today.
Old 13th February 2012, 09:42   #164
Team-BHP Support

Telebrands Air Lounge.

Thought it would be easier to carry around while shifting house (Living in rented apartment). That stupid thing had made it too easy. Does not even retain air properly and didnt last even 3 months. Complete waste of money!

Telebrands
Old 13th February 2012, 10:35   #165
BHPian

Caska no doubt.

See here for more details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks