Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What would you want your kid to be?
Chatur - Mug up and be successful 8 7.34%
Rancho - Live on your own terms 89 81.65%
Farhaan - Do whatever your folks say is good for you 2 1.83%
Raju - Just get a degree and get a good job 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 16:56   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) I think nobody loves to end his life, but what if there are no options left. Life is not fair as we can see in India itself. This also extends to entire world. If one tries hard, but does not get success then ?

I think suicide is perfectly justified for humans who, despite trying hard and giving their best, are not able to get desired success. If one puts his/her foot in their shoe, one realizes how much pressure and stress they have.

But there are better means. One book really helps is " Peaceful Pill Handbook ". One of the best book I have ever read. The Peaceful Pill Handbook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also one must use Exit bag for this purpose. Exit bag :
Suicide bag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) It is easier, but do we really have time considering so many concepts ? We have to cover such a large base of study. Its not impossible if from begenning i.e. since KG or 1 standard the education style is changed.
3) Then what is ? Practically speaking, money is almost everything. Only thing above wealth is health. Else you can buy anything you want. Happiness also. People bring topic of love, but the faster one forgets love, the better.
I agree that using power and money is wrong, but its done practically all over and those who use it negatively are happy.
Thanks. I had a good time laughing my *** out. This is better than the movie itself.

Last edited by clevermax : 18th January 2010 at 16:57.
Old 18th January 2010, 17:32   #122
BANNED

Reminds me of the days in my last Sem when the newly joined lecturer gave me 35/50 in internals just bcoz my lab report had MY findings unlike the standard ones most wrote besides I had been not so courteous in his class by asking questions which he couldn't answer (and I wasn't aware of that part).
Last week before finals, I go and ask him 'sir, I think I deserve more'. He says 'look at xyz...he not only got 47/50, he even got to be nominated as best outgoing student, unlike you and your others smart *** friends who made life for lecturers bad just bcoz you read books before coming to class' despite me clarifying that it wasn't so. He even suspected one of my frient of having written the letter against him to the principal and had vowed to shave his moustache (YES!) if my dumb friend passed & got a job. As it happened, my friend happened to pass with flying colors & was the first to get a job in nothing less than CDot(those were the pre-IT/pre-campus recuitement days when cdot was considered the best)...and ...next time I came across this guy, he had a clean shave just as promised.
Only if I could meet him now after 13 yrs and show where me & my friends are today as compared to some of those toppers who spent most of their student life scheming on how to impress the teaching staff.

Vijay
Old 18th January 2010, 18:20   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Thanks. I had a good time laughing my *** out. This is better than the movie itself.
Its on you whether you laugh or not. Its ground reality that for some terminating their life is best option. Its a situation very difficult to judge unless one has been into that type of situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You need counselling and pretty soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
before its too late.
I dont think so, I am above that level. And counselling is just another part of showing what is success and what is failure. Counselling means that the person counseling another has to go down to that level to help him/her. Here its just matter of money spent. Counselling helps those who have problem of excess of positive things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopap View Post
Options depends on your knowledge level. The more you know more you will have options. Just observe keenly, and options are galore.

YOU decide what is success. Never wait for others CERTIFICATION. You will be doomed.

Agree on that. When you let others decide, this may happen.

Agree on that too. But before pursuing for money, pls decide how much u need. This will clarify many things.

It takes lifetime to understand true love.

Are they happy ? TIP: Such people never reveal there pains outside. But secrets are eventually out.

Chill out.
1) No, its not true. Remember Darwin ? His theory of Survival of the fittest holds true. Those who are not fit will be eliminated, just as Joy Lobo.

2) If it were matter of only one person, then the whole world would be different. You cant doom a person who already is.

3) Again I repeat, one has to experience the pain, stress and trauma to decide on sensitive topics like killing self. And in real life, its very difficult to follow what you like. And it IS justified. What to do if you cant do a single thing well or good ? What if you give your best and still fail ? Try again ? Well you will be left behind and then again the theory of survival of the fittest comes in. The one who are weak will automatically be eliminated.

Why Joy lobo committed suicide then ? Because he let himself decide.

4) I need millions of crores. But is that possible ? NO. Its impossible to decide how much money one needs. And more money = more respect and happiness. To live in this world, one needs huge huge amounts of money. Its a well known fact. Imagine if joy Lobo's father had Rs. 2.5 cr as monthly income then would he commit suicide ?

5) Lets keep it aside. Its probably the worst part of life. If one has money, its best part of life, else for those who are not fit to survive, its the worst part of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
Arey Goswami ji, take a chill pill dude.
No point in living a life so seriously.
I am chilled to -273K! Any further chilling is going to kill me.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 18th January 2010 at 18:24.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:43   #124
Team-BHP Support

aaggoswami, most of the times your comments make me say aayyo swami! And I don't think I am alone in feeling this.

The truth is you have hardly experienced life until now. But you always pass absolute judgement on most topics as if you have lived a dozen lives.

Instead, ask questions, and listen. You may see the world in a new light. Just give it try.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:48   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
1) aaggoswami, most of the times your comments make me say aayyo swami! And I don't think I am alone in feeling this.

2) The truth is you have hardly experienced life until now. But you always pass absolute judgement on most topics as if you have lived a dozen lives.
1) In which section ? Shifting gears or this thread ?

2) I would rather put it this way : All my experiences have been negative. May be I am not competent enough for the world, not fit enough to survive. IMO, I have experiences from : Education, family, relatives, friends, interviews, etc.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:55   #126
Team-BHP Support

When you can no longer appreciate the road. STOP. Get off that bike. Sit beside the road and try to see the way the place was before the road was built.

Aaggoswami,

1. did you have food to eat today.
2. are you wearing decent clothes.
3. Do you have a place where you can sleep without risk of abuse tonight.
4. Are you atleast 10% sure that tomorrow morning, you will wake up and have something to eat.

Did you answer YES to those questions.

More than half of India cannot say YES to it.

So stop cribbing about how bad life is and how bad India is and how cruel the world is.
You are one of the lucky ones. Appreciate it and move on.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:02   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1) In which section ? Shifting gears or this thread ?
Actually, everywhere.

Quote:
All my experiences have been negative. May be I am not competent enough for the world, not fit enough to survive.
Good, identifying the problem is the first step towards fixing the problem. Now see how you can become competent. Success follows the guy who works to overcome his weaknesses, and not to the guy who just complains about it. That's it, I won't preach any further.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:25   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
When you can no longer appreciate the road. STOP. Get off that bike. Sit beside the road and try to see the way the place was before the road was built.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
1) Actually, everywhere.

2) Good, identifying the problem is the first step towards fixing the problem. Now see how you can become competent. Success follows the guy who works to overcome his weaknesses, and not to the guy who just complains about it. That's it, I won't preach any further.
1) Will look into it again. I thought things are limited against me in Shifting gears's certain threads and OK in computer section.

2) Thanks.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:48   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

1) Will look into it again. I thought things are limited against me in Shifting gears's certain threads and OK in computer section.

2) Thanks.

It actually amuses me, you got my attention with your negative views about India where the rest of the world was busy bashing up Dubai.

This was the same attitude in other threads as well, Then is when i decided to send you a PM.

Friend we all go through these times, i used to feel the same couple of years ago when life was throwing rotten eggs at me. Then i thought what could be wrong.

BBLOST had put a very valuable point tonight, looking at the number of homeless/ jobless/ hungry people i feel we are lucky to have everything(depends on the person definition of "everything" ).

The moment i got into this engineering college i was given some motivation speech by our HOD like virus gave to his students, All we were dreaming about was the fancy salary people get from Campus placements

That pen he showed is the carrot behind which every mule runs(no offenses). We had a best student award, and a prestigious notice board which has our names on it for the next generations to see. It was a mad dash and trust me there were people who will land up on the examination eve to distract us and everyone was so shrewd to actually fall prey to that.

I realized its not a piece of cake, and finally gave up and gave in. I was one of the average students and had a lot of back papers to clear but once i came out of the college i chose a career which i could have chosen with a normal graduation, I used to feel extremely guilty of eating up some ones chance of becoming an engineer.

Life had given me a lot. i remember my love for car started when a driver nearly killed me for touching a stationary car when i was just 4.

Today when i look back i feel i have come a long way. My dad used to be upset as i was not an engineer in some fancy software firm and became an associate in a BPO. But now when i am a dept head with a decent background i feel life has been fair to me. Trust me this could only happen in India, i used to feel safe to leave my newly wedded wife home alone, would this happen in US? UK? Austrialia.

Life here has its own flavour,and trust me this is from a guy who had spent decent amount of time in various cities. I do not have a passport and i prefer sending my team members for onsite assignments, just because i know if i can make it here why to go else where. This reminds me what Niel Armstrong said after looking at earth from moon.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 18th January 2010 at 19:50.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:56   #130
BHPian

All izz well

Quote:

2) I would rather put it this way : All my experiences have been negative. May be I am not competent enough for the world, not fit enough to survive. IMO, I have experiences from : Education, family, relatives, friends, interviews, etc.
Hi Aaggoswami ,

Please dont feel SAD , cheer up and live the life to the fullest. This is what i learnt when my best friend ( age 30) has been told that both of his kideny's have failed.

From what i can see is that you are suffering from a broken heart( i may be worng). Dont worry time is a big healer .....
Old 18th January 2010, 21:34   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
It actually amuses me, you got my attention with your negative views about India where the rest of the world was busy bashing up Dubai.

This was the same attitude in other threads as well, Then is when i decided to send you a PM.

Friend we all go through these times, i used to feel the same couple of years ago when life was throwing rotten eggs at me. Then i thought what could be wrong.

BBLOST had put a very valuable point tonight, looking at the number of homeless/ jobless/ hungry people i feel we are lucky to have everything(depends on the person definition of "everything" ).
I do not have a passport and i prefer sending my team members for onsite assignments, just because i know if i can make it here why to go else where. This reminds me what Niel Armstrong said after looking at earth from moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Aaggoswami ,

Please dont feel SAD , cheer up and live the life to the fullest. This is what i learnt when my best friend ( age 30) has been told that both of his kideny's have failed.

From what i can see is that you are suffering from a broken heart( i may be worng). Dont worry time is a big healer .....
Thanks guys, in one way I am lucky, but currently looking for one job but also further studies have messed up my mind.

And about health, God is great then.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 18th January 2010 at 21:40.
Old 18th January 2010, 21:36   #132
Team-BHP Support

What kind of a job are you looking for ?
Old 18th January 2010, 21:48   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys, in one way I am lucky, but currently looking for one job but also further studies have messed up my mind.
We both are sailing in the same boat I guess. I too am badly confused in life. Jobless since a year. You have done BCA, I have done BCA and MCA too!! But still
Old 18th January 2010, 22:06   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Aaggoswami,

1. did you have food to eat today.
2. are you wearing decent clothes.
3. Do you have a place where you can sleep without risk of abuse tonight.
4. Are you atleast 10% sure that tomorrow morning, you will wake up and have something to eat.

Did you answer YES to those questions.

More than half of India cannot say YES to it.

So stop cribbing about how bad life is and how bad India is and how cruel the world is.
You are one of the lucky ones. Appreciate it and move on.
Very well said. Sometimes we need people to remind us that things are not all that bad!
I had to work this Saturday and on my way to office, stopped by to pick up a coffee. A casual "so how are you doing?" made me say "could be better - I am headed to work on a Saturday".

The guy replies - so that tells me that you have a job and enogh work to keep you very busy - good for you buddy!

Sometimes we just have to stop and see the part of the glass thats full.
Old 18th January 2010, 22:11   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And about health, God is great then.
Friend, I think you need to change the way you look at life.

God is the greatest irrespective of whether we value his blessings or not. This life is just a test for the hereafter. You would appreciate this life only if you change the way you look at life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks