Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What would you want your kid to be?
Chatur - Mug up and be successful 8 7.34%
Rancho - Live on your own terms 89 81.65%
Farhaan - Do whatever your folks say is good for you 2 1.83%
Raju - Just get a degree and get a good job 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 19:44   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

What to learn from 3 Idiots:
- NO to Suicide. People should understand that suicide causes pain to everyones loved ones and is not the way out.
- Do not mug, understand! That way it is easier to apply the concepts, and even gives rise to innovation.
- Never get too snobbish - Money isnt everything, and never will be. Also, use of power and money to get your way is incorrect. You dont know who the other person might be. Money is good, for buying cars and feeding your family. But it is not a sign of happiness or success. Never!
Old 12th January 2010, 19:44   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Samurai, there is no one solution that fits the bill when it comes to pursuing happiness.
I said I kept looking for options... how is that one way? Options means any number of possibilities.
Old 12th January 2010, 21:41   #78
Team-BHP Support

For Pete's sake its a movie! Real life is more exciting

Patch Adam's anyone? same same though Munnahai was really inspired.

The whole USP in nostalgia, people just love to go ga ga over college life, once in a while. Formula works in almost all languages

EDIT: I voted for Raju, earn any degree get a decent job, rest you can pursue once you are "set" - ok this one is the easy way out he he

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th January 2010 at 21:43.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:19   #79
BHPian

The beauty and irony of life - being a "chatur " but wish for the other three.Daydreamzzzz.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
EDIT: I voted for Raju, earn any degree get a decent job, rest you can pursue once you are "set" - ok this one is the easy way out he he
IMO Once we are "set" in life we generally Play Safe by not entering into new ventures or taking big risks.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:30   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
IMO Once we are "set" in life we generally Play Safe by not entering into new ventures or taking big risks.
hmmm yeah thats true, but mid-life crisis still works wonders for me, without even reaching the mid-life mark lol
Old 13th January 2010, 12:34   #82
Team-BHP Support

Any one watched this Office Space (1999)

A s/w engineer who finally becomes a construction worker. Love this movie. Its about a Raju who becomes a Rancho.
Old 13th January 2010, 13:16   #83
BHPian

Farhan Akhtars Lakshya is one of my favi's.
The Character of ritik, Nver knew what he want to do in life.

Ritik: I have decided , i will join army.
Friend: sorry i am going to US for MBA
Ritik: What?? What will I do in army alone?
Ritik: OK, MBA will take how much of time?

That is what the current generation is going through.
Finally after a personal setback, He shows his determination and become a Army officer.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:45   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Regarding my comment on India, I feel that there is a lack of opportunities for people who want to pursue a career in fields other than the usual ones like engineering, medicine, management, banking, legal, civil services etc.

For example, we see so many wild-life researchers on Discovery/Nat Geo who pursue this as a full time (and well-paying) career. They are mostly from developed nations like America and Australia. In India, a person who catches snakes for wild-life/medical research is more likely to be called a snake-charmer than a scientist.
My favourite work is hair styling, imagine what people call me if I get in to this field.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My favourite work is hair styling, imagine what people call me if I get in to this field.
You will be known as The Hajaam.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:53   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A barber or a hair stylist.

Just hope you get as famous as Jawed Habibs Portfolio
Old 13th January 2010, 14:56   #87
BHPian

Quote:
May be you will be called BILLU
Old 13th January 2010, 15:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Friend is working as a Hair Stylist in LimeLite Bangalore. In two years time he was regarded as the best hair stylist of LimeLite in South India. He is the official hair stylist of many Kannada and Tamil film stars.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:06   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Then you will love this movie: Blow Dry (2001)
Old 13th January 2010, 15:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
What to learn from 3 Idiots:
1) NO to Suicide. People should understand that suicide causes pain to everyones loved ones and is not the way out.
2) Do not mug, understand! That way it is easier to apply the concepts, and even gives rise to innovation.
3) Never get too snobbish - Money isnt everything, and never will be. Also, use of power and money to get your way is incorrect. You dont know who the other person might be. Money is good, for buying cars and feeding your family. But it is not a sign of happiness or success.
1) I think nobody loves to end his life, but what if there are no options left. Life is not fair as we can see in India itself. This also extends to entire world. If one tries hard, but does not get success then ?

I think suicide is perfectly justified for humans who, despite trying hard and giving their best, are not able to get desired success. If one puts his/her foot in their shoe, one realizes how much pressure and stress they have.

But there are better means. One book really helps is " Peaceful Pill Handbook ". One of the best book I have ever read. The Peaceful Pill Handbook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also one must use Exit bag for this purpose. Exit bag :
Suicide bag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) It is easier, but do we really have time considering so many concepts ? We have to cover such a large base of study. Its not impossible if from begenning i.e. since KG or 1 standard the education style is changed.

3) Then what is ? Practically speaking, money is almost everything. Only thing above wealth is health. Else you can buy anything you want. Happiness also. People bring topic of love, but the faster one forgets love, the better.

I agree that using power and money is wrong, but its done practically all over and those who use it negatively are happy.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 13th January 2010 at 15:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks