Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 11:37   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Moving from Bangalore to Hyderabad - Need some help, advice and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
Dear All,
I am a Bangalorean and I am moving with my family (wife,2yr old daughter and my car-Wagon R) to Hyderabad on work. I will be here for atleast 3-4years or even more till I change my job. I need some help/advise and suggestions specially from Hyderabadi's.
Sanjeev

Welcome to Hyderabad. Please beware before relocating that Hyderabad is an addictive place and you may never move out

Having said that, your office is in a lovely location which is generally touted as central location of our twin cities of Hyderabad/Secunderabad.

Residential Options
1. As Vnabhi suggested, first and foremost location to check out is Kundanbagh. If your lucky to find an accomodation there. You can practically walk to office.

2. Other locations which are 2-3kms in range are following in order keep its upmarketness and cost as the parameter :-

a) Chikoti Garden, Begumpet
b) Shymlal Building, Begumpet
c) Dharam Karam Road, Ameerpet

I am sure out of those 4 locations you will find a suitable place.

Car Transfer

As Ranjit suggested, its a pretty simple process but, gets expensive if the car is new as you need to pay the transfer % on the invoice value. Hope your company is covering these damages.

Driving to Hyderabad is a breeze. Last week, I did Bangalore Airport-Hyderabad Airport in 5 hours as roads are built by someone like GOD

Btw, hope your a foodie. Else, your transfer to Hyderabad wont have much meaning.

Have fun in Hyderabad and hope to meet you in one of the meets.

Cheers
Mobike008
Old 29th August 2012, 11:47   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Moving from Bangalore to Hyderabad - Need some help, advice and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...Please beware before relocating that Hyderabad is an addictive place and you may never move out
Btw, hope your a foodie. Else, your transfer to Hyderabad wont have much meaning.

How biased can one get Avi?!
Old 29th August 2012, 12:49   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
How biased can one get Avi?!
Oh! Did I sound biased? I thought i was stating matter of fact points
Old 29th August 2012, 14:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Please beware before relocating that Hyderabad is an addictive place and you may never move out
Very true Avi, i moved from mumbai with plan to shift to Bangalore in 1-2 yrs ,5 yrs has just passed by now i dont feel like moving inspite of good offers at bangalore.

I love this city
Old 29th August 2012, 14:46   #50
BHPian

Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Kundanbagh is one of the options, yet I feel somajiguda would be a nice option too. Its not too far and has decent places.

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 29th August 2012 at 14:48.
Old 29th August 2012, 14:55   #51
BHPian

Sanjeev,

Welcome to Hyderabad, a crazy city with maddening traffic, nawabi attitude, excellent food and warm people - a place you will fall in love with in no time.

Regarding renting a place, best thing you can do is pick the Deccan Chronicle over a weekend and look for classifieds in the supplement and look for house options in the areas suggested by vnabhi and mobike008 - I would strongly recommend Kundanbagh. Even the area on the other side of the road - Ameerpet is very decent. There are lot of apartments available in the colony behind Green park / Marigold Hotels.

The drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad should be a breeze. I recently drove from Anantapur to Hyderabad and averaged 75-80 kmph.

Do check out the Hyderabad meet and food threads and join us when we have our meets.
Old 29th August 2012, 15:22   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Very true Avi, i moved from mumbai with plan to shift to Bangalore in 1-2 yrs ,5 yrs has just passed by now i dont feel like moving inspite of good offers at bangalore. I love this city
Yeah, I know how you feel. I am yet to come across anyone who hasnt regretted moving out of Hyderabad (few who moved was due to force-de-majeur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Kundanbagh is one of the options, yet I feel somajiguda would be a nice option too. Its not too far and has decent places.
Your forgetting the long one-way road of Somajiguda which Vnabhi enjoys on a daily basis...lol!

Besides, Somajiguda is very expensive and if that's not a problem, its a great area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Regarding renting a place, best thing you can do is pick the Deccan Chronicle over a weekend and look for classifieds in the supplement and look for house options in the areas suggested by vnabhi and mobike008
+1 DC newspaper is the best way to quickly shortlist a few houses in areas of aforementioned posts.

OT: I heard DC is shutting down. Then how can Sanjeev find his house?

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th August 2012 at 15:23.
Old 13th September 2012, 04:38   #53
BHPian

I moved from my city to hyderabad 2.5 years back , definitely settling down here , Everything is great, except for 2 months in a year when the sun rules but its a great and lovely place to be in
Old 23rd September 2012, 12:15   #54
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am in Hyd now. I found a good place to stay at Madhura Nagar (backside of Ameerpet). My friend (we were batchmates at IITM);he will be my colleague and he stays in the same apartment building with his family, so decided to opt for this place (I have the option of car pooling!).

Next weekend I will be driving from Bangalore with my family. I am planning to leave Bangalore by 5am and reach Hyd by evening. Shall start on Saturday morning and reach by evening.

"In the worst case" I have kept an option to break my journey and rest for the day (just in case if my daughter gets exhausted during the journey) at Holiday Inn Kurnool and then continue the journey the next day. Any inputs about Holiday Inn (Kurnool),say if I decide to spend overnight? Else, do suggest me any other place in Kurnool or after passing Kurnool? "This info will help me in the worst case scenario"

I guess few of our members stay in and around Madhuranagar/Ammepet; just in case you see a Black Wagon R (KA41 registered) with LTD sticker on it then plz feel free to stop me to say 'hello'

I will try to drop in sometime during the Tbhp meets in Hyd.

Have a good day!

Best

Sanjeev
Old 23rd September 2012, 15:09   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am in Hyd now. I found a good place to stay at Madhura Nagar (backside of Ameerpet). My friend (we were batchmates at IITM);he will be my colleague and he stays in the same apartment building with his family, so decided to opt for this place (I have the option of car pooling!).
Welcome to Hyd Sanjeev. I personally dont feel Madhura Nagar is a great place to live with family. It's too crowded and feels like a small andhra town or village

Please visit following threads to know more about Hyderabad BHPians and next meet discussions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...6-onwards.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...underabad.html
Old 23rd September 2012, 15:47   #56
BHPian

I understand. Most of my requirements were matching so I zeroed this place. My plan is to move within the city after a year once I have a feel of the city and its residential locations.

Crowd is quite common in our country (at malls, market or on the highways etc) and I am getting used to this
Old 23rd September 2012, 18:59   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I have kept an option to break my journey and rest for the day (just in case if my daughter gets exhausted during the journey) at Holiday Inn Kurnool and then continue the journey the next day. Any inputs about Holiday Inn (Kurnool),say if I decide to spend overnight?

I guess few of our members stay in and around Madhuranagar/Ammepet; just in case you see a Black Wagon R (KA41 registered) with LTD sticker on it then plz feel free to stop me to say 'hello'
I was not aware that Holiday Inn at Kurnool has rooms. I know it as a nice food place between Hyderabad and Bangalore. Do note that this does not belong to the famous hotel chain called "Holiday Inn".

Will stop you and say Hi! when I sight you.
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:41   #58
BHPian

Thanks for letting me know. I was wondering how come a star hotel in a non metro (and a non tourist place). The name really sounds great.
Old 25th September 2012, 22:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm
Thanks for letting me know. I was wondering how come a star hotel in a non metro (and a non tourist place). The name really sounds great.
There is absolutely no place to stop enroute.Hebbal to lifestyle begumpet on a weekend wouldnt take more than 8hrs
Old 6th December 2012, 16:57   #60
BANNED

IBM Hyderabad Any BHPian?

Tried looking for similar thread, it doesnt exist so creating new one. It will be useful for people planning to join IBM.

Need help for BHPian who are from hyderabad and from IBM.

I am planning to Join IBM and location is hyderabad. I have been to Hyderabad before but not at all aware of city.

IBM office is in RR district.

1. How expensive is rental accormodation 1 bhk or so for a bachelor nearby RR District?
2. I am currently in pune. How do rate cost of living in Hyd comparatively?
2. If you are from IBM, please do pm me your connect details, need to understand more on IBM work culture, growth speed, band structure. Or feel free to express you thoughts in thread if it is line with forum rules.

Would appreciate any help in this regard. This will help me with crucial decision in my life.

I have googled for IBM culture details but i cant trust those reviews 100%. This forum is something i can trust as a first hand feedback.

@mods: Requesting to keep this thread as it might help others in similar fix like me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks