Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2013, 20:39   #106
BHPian

Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
How does one go about looking for a flat in that area?
Which are the good places to buy decent-looking but reasonably-priced furniture from, in Hyderabad?
Some apartments have To Let boards but there are real estate consultants around too. The Miyapur-Chanda nagar area has reasonably priced apartments (6-7k / mo) and is not too far from the Gachibowli and Madhapur areas. A car is recommended for travel considering the possibility of protests (bandhs) these days.

Furniture is available at a furniture store next to Hyderabad Central (I can't recall its name). They have some low-to-mid priced furniture that is pretty decent. For more mid-range furniture, there's Home Center by LifeStyle though I'm not sure of the exact location of Home Center (I hear they have a branch in Hyderabad, but I've never been to it).

I hear Ikea is likely to enter into the Indian market, so you may want to look for Ikea outlets too - their easy-to-assemble furniture would definitely save on transportation costs if you have an SUV and they maintain the quality of their products too (i.e. no wobbly furniture that needs a piece of wood or cardboard to keep it stable, as long as the floor is even).
Old 26th February 2013, 21:26   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Furniture is available at a furniture store next to Hyderabad Central (I can't recall its name). They have some low-to-mid priced furniture that is pretty decent.
That's Home Town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
For more mid-range furniture, there's Home Center by LifeStyle though I'm not sure of the exact location of Home Center (I hear they have a branch in Hyderabad, but I've never been to it).
That is on the Oasis Center near Somajiguda Circle, below Spar/ Auchan, beside the starting point of the Panjagutta flyover.
Old 27th February 2013, 12:43   #108
BHPian

Thanks k_nitin_r & vnabhi.
Does anyone have telephone numbers of a few reliable property brokers?
Thanks in advance.
Old 27th February 2013, 14:38   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks k_nitin_r & vnabhi.
Does anyone have telephone numbers of a few reliable property brokers?
Thanks in advance.
Presuming that you are on the lookout for rented property, I suggest you visit Sulekha.com. When I was on the lookout for a rented flat, I was actually surprised that a lot of flat owners and previous tenants have turned IT savvy and have put up ads in this website. You will also find lots of broker listings. But. its anyday better if you have a direct dealing.
Old 27th February 2013, 14:49   #110
BHPian

Quote:
How does one go about looking for a flat in that area? I have been scanning the Deccan Chronicle every Sunday for several weeks without much luck. Of course she needs to move in only beginning May but maybe if any of you have the telephone numbers of a few brokers, you could pm them to me & I could start talking to them now itself.
Which are the good places to buy decent-looking but reasonably-priced furniture from, in Hyderabad? I guess she will have to look for Chinese ready to assemble stuff, or are there other options?
Sincerest thanks in advance for your replies.
You can check out www.commonfloor.com, 99acres, etc. Deccan generally has more listings compared to times. Not a bad idea to even check out times though. All the above mentioned would also have contact details of brokers too.
I suppose inorbit mall also has home center. The not so nice but not expensive stuff, nampally has many such shops. There would be a few like bantia etc., in Secunderabad.
Old 27th February 2013, 16:58   #111
BHPian

Thanks racer_ash & MindSpeeDs for your suggestions.
Anyone familiar with Freedom Heights building, near Fusion International School in Nallagandla? Is this a decent area to live in? Doesn't seem to be too far away from Nvayuga Inspire SEZ & the rents don't seem to be too high here.
Thanks again in advance.
Old 27th February 2013, 18:27   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks racer_ash & MindSpeeDs for your suggestions.
Anyone familiar with Freedom Heights building, near Fusion International School in Nallagandla? Is this a decent area to live in? Doesn't seem to be too far away from Nvayuga Inspire SEZ & the rents don't seem to be too high here.
Thanks again in advance.
I stay in this area. You will get everything you need in the nearby Lingampally market and at the same time you are saved from the Miyapur-lingampally congestion. You will need to walk to gachibowli road to catch public transport Nice place to live and commute. You can also check if Aparna Cyber Commune falls in your budget its a great place to live in specially if you have a family and are looking for secure and gated community. Its slightly ahead after Lakshmivihar and offers excellent amenities. But commuting can be an issue for this society if she doesn't drive.

For furniture take a look at Damro at Nizampet and Godrej at Gachibowli junction and Godrej above ICICI Bank near kothaguda(for Wrought Iron frame based durable stuff). The one at Kothaguda is a Company owned outlet. You can also look at Hypercity in the inorbit mall at hitec City for furniture, they too store some reasonably priced stuff.

Last edited by huntrz : 27th February 2013 at 18:37.
Old 28th February 2013, 15:51   #113
BHPian

Thanks, huntrz, for your invaluable suggestions.
Daughter intends to learn to drive & hopefully get her licence before reaching Hyderabad.
Btw, how much would a 4-5 km autorickshaw ride cost there? And what would the rent for a 1 or 2 BHK flat in Aparna be?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:03   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, how much would a 4-5 km autorickshaw ride cost there?
The fare for 5 km will vary anything between 50/- to 200/- depending on various factors.
Old 28th February 2013, 16:21   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, huntrz, for your invaluable suggestions.
Daughter intends to learn to drive & hopefully get her licence before reaching Hyderabad.
Btw, how much would a 4-5 km autorickshaw ride cost there? And what would the rent for a 1 or 2 BHK flat in Aparna be?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
From Fusion International School the main road(Lingampally-Gachibowli road) is hardly 50 meters away which is very well connected with public transport of all kinds.
As Mr. Bajaj( hyd_traveller) has pointed out correctly, like most cities, in hyderabad too auto drivers and fares are unpredictable and at best avoided. Don't expect Calcutta's Taxi kind of experience. Here one has to negotiate even to get the auto guys charge by meter where as auto drivers prefer to negotiate only in multiples of INR 50 .
At Aparna Cyber Commune a 2BHK can cost you around 9K-12K. They don't have 1 bhks.

Last edited by huntrz : 28th February 2013 at 16:26.
Old 1st March 2013, 15:14   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The fare for 5 km will vary anything between 50/- to 200/- depending on various factors.
So it may actually be cheaper to drive your own car to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
From Fusion International School the main road(Lingampally-Gachibowli road) is hardly 50 meters away which is very well connected with public transport of all kinds.
As Mr. Bajaj( hyd_traveller) has pointed out correctly, like most cities, in hyderabad too auto drivers and fares are unpredictable and at best avoided. Don't expect Calcutta's Taxi kind of experience. Here one has to negotiate even to get the auto guys charge by meter where as auto drivers prefer to negotiate only in multiples of INR 50 .
At Aparna Cyber Commune a 2BHK can cost you around 9K-12K. They don't have 1 bhks.
Thanks for replying.
Old 1st March 2013, 17:39   #117
BHPian

Quote:
So it may actually be cheaper to drive your own car to work.
If you consider running cost/km based on fuel consumption alone, then its definitely cheaper. And thats the case with all major cities.
Old 1st March 2013, 19:04   #118
BHPian

Auto guys quote most often quote ridiculous amount, and hence I've always opted for "share autos" where you can pay close to bus fare. But this is very inconvenient for women unless they are in a group. I even park my car at a convenient safe location and take share autos to crowded places close by.

@Nura
Freedom Heights building that you mentioned above is close to Navayuga Inspire. I'm not sure about the essential shopping options nearby, but in case you want more options, there is Lingampally (Tara nagar) Market which is only a couple of Kms away and you get everything there. Additionally there is BHEL close by, where there will be vegetable markets every Saturdays, and last 2 days of every month sees a full fledge market inside where you can pick up anything including utensils, plastics etc. at very reasonable price. For furnitures, rather than venturing too much into the city, you have options in BHEL area, I picked up my essential furnitures from Mahadevi Furnitures near BHEL. I would recommend them. There is a good store (Elite Interiors & Furnitures) much closer than this, my friend had purchased few stuff from there and was happy. It's hardly a km from the township/apt. you mentioned. I too stay very close by, and in case you need any help with finding places, feel free to get in touch.
Old 1st March 2013, 23:38   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I too stay very close by, and in case you need any help with finding places, feel free to get in touch.
Thank you so much.
Much appreciate your detailed advice too.
Btw, is there any Hyundai dealer's workshop or authorised service centre in this area?
Old 2nd March 2013, 00:11   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, is there any Hyundai dealer's workshop or authorised service centre in this area?
Yes, you have a couple of them near Madinaguda/Miyapur, which is like 6 kms away from the apartment location you mentioned. It's the state highway and the traffic can get maddening and I mostly avoid going to these places unless really necessary. In the other direction, we have Kun Hyundai Service centre in Gachibowli. It'll be around 10 kms from the location, but the road is a breeze, a straight road that runs all the way from Lingampally till Gachibowli.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks