Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 21:11   #166
BHPian

Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
May be I can extend more by say 13k including maintenance.
Try 'Bhanu township' in Miyapur decent place. Watch out for Water issues. a few blocks have issues during summer. The vacant apartments are displayed in notice boards in ground floor. & lot of 'attrition' due to large number of apartments.

In Shilpa Park, <13 K is tough to find. Only a handful of apartments are in 14 K territory (exclusive of maintenance). Again watch out for Water issues. I live here. You could spot my Beige Vento with a LTD sticker !

You could however check Raghavendra Nagar (opp Mahindra First Choice). Not really township material though.

You can rule out Madhapur safely. No point wasting your time there. Either too costly or too congested.

Lingampally, Manikonda & Chirec School area are other good options.

Not sure if you are married and have kids & are also looking at schools. This increases the complexity !

Cheers ! & Happy Hunting !
Old 16th July 2013, 21:19   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Try 'Bhanu township' in Miyapur decent place. Watch out for Water issues. a few blocks have issues during summer. The vacant apartments are displayed in notice boards in ground floor. & lot of 'attrition' due to large number of apartments.

In Shilpa Park, <13 K is tough to find. Only a handful of apartments are in 14 K territory (exclusive of maintenance). Again watch out for Water issues. I live here. You could spot my Beige Vento with a LTD sticker !

You can rule out Madhapur safely. No point wasting your time there. Either too costly or too congested.

Lingampally, Manikonda & Chirec School area are other good options.

Not sure if you are married and have kids & are also looking at schools. This increases the complexity !
Water issues!! Please do not suggest those areas.
Yes, I am married and by next year I need to send my son for his pre-kg. So need to look at these options too. Thanks for reminding, I completely overlooked.
Old 17th July 2013, 01:12   #168
BHPian

Quote:
So I need to look at houses in Kondapur, Gachibowli and Manikonda. Any other places like lingampally, madhapur. I have both 2 and 4 wheeler. Need a good place for family, preferably like a township or something.
May be I can extend more by say 13k including maintenance.
Getting a decent place at Madhapur would be difficult, forget township. The last time we checked, good 2BHKs were north of 16-18K excluding maintenance. For that kind of budget you can look at Hill Ridge, Gachibowli which is a better option.

Coming to Lingampally. You will get decent places if you can search a bit. Some pointers:
1) Doyen's township, close to Navayuga IT park
2) Gulmohar Park Colony
3) Few options in Nallagadla

This part of Hyderabad is relatively less traffic prone, unless you hit the other end of Lingampally at BHEL and then all hell breaks loose. I stay at the end of the safe zone.
Old 17th July 2013, 07:15   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Coming to Lingampally. You will get decent places if you can search a bit. Some pointers:
1) Doyen's township, close to Navayuga IT park
2) Gulmohar Park Colony
3) Few options in Nallagadla
Made a note of these places. I will rule out madhapur as you people suggested. Any known water problems. How about the schools in the above said areas.
Old 17th July 2013, 12:46   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Made a note of these places. I will rule out madhapur as you people suggested. Any known water problems. How about the schools in the above said areas.
Enough number of schools an play schools are there in Nallagandala area.
Euro Kids, Bachpan, Time kids are there for play schools.
Vista Pearson, Epistemo Global, Sancta Maria are there for schools.
Apart from this all the Bachupally schools have buses plying on this route(Silver Oaks, Vikas Concept, Sentia, Kennedy).
Other school buses that I have seen are Maharshi Vidya Mandir(Kondapur), Phoenix Green(Gachibowli), Chirec(Botanical Garden road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
From the map, BHEL seems to be one packed cluster, full of lanes and lanes of houses stacked beside each other. Will have to check it in person, though.
BHEL Compund is one peaceful area. You can also look at the compound where Manjeera(Not in the manjeera society itself) is located in Nallaganala. That too is a peaceful and sparsely populated area.
Old 17th July 2013, 19:05   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Enough number of schools an play schools are there in Nallagandala area.
That's quite a long list. Definitely comes in handy. Is this serilingampally area? I am adding it in to my hunting list. Thanks for sharing.
Old 17th July 2013, 19:22   #172
BHPian

Quote:
That's quite a long list. Definitely comes in handy. Is this serilingampally area? I am adding it in to my hunting list. Thanks for sharing.
Yes Nallagandala falls in serilingampally. Landmark- Aparna Sarovar
Old 30th July 2013, 12:11   #173
BHPian

Finally got a house for myself and my friend. Both in Kukatpally.
Myself - Behind patel kunta park, Vivekananda Nagar
Friend - KPHB 9th Phase

We settled for Kukatpally, since the roads connecting to it and the area itself is too good. Be it shopping/schools/restaurants/hospitals.

Thanks everybody for all your suggestions.
Old 31st July 2013, 15:19   #174
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I'm looking to rent (single occupant) a tiny room or individual house about 15-20km from Inorbit Mall in the city outskirts away from the hustle bustle of the city, in peace and quiet. Just one room, a kitchen or a counter and a bathroom (like a studio).

As of now, I've shortlisted Tellapur as a potential area to scan.

If anyone here knows of any such dwellings, please let me know. I'm looking to move immediately.

Edit: I don't need nothing posh or furnished. Just the basics will do.
Did you get your place?Would Sainikpuri-Defence Colony do?
Old 31st July 2013, 17:26   #175
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Did you get your place?Would Sainikpuri-Defence Colony do?
I'm currently staying with a colleague in Tellapur and I find it very quiet and commute is less than 30min opposed to a 1hr min on my earlier route. I'll have to soon search for my own place, though.

Sainikpuri would be horrible commute wise and also expensive rent wise if I'm not wrong. The colony is great, though.

Last edited by hellmet : 31st July 2013 at 17:27.
Old 31st January 2014, 13:40   #176
BHPian

Hello All,

Can anyone advise good schools (CBSE or ICSE) around Kompally? My son will be going to 5th standard and daughter into lower KG.

Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:09   #177

Hello Bhpians,

I am shifting to Hyderabad next month and my office will be in Deccan park, Madhapur area. We are looking for 3-4 BHK semi furnished apartments for rent. Some of our requirements are:

1. Good gated society with 100% power backup
2. Daily grocery needs within 5-15 mins of walking distance
3. Can travel 20-30 mins for office
4. Should be free from water and any other security problems
5. Hopefully in a peaceful area with parks nearby(if possible)

I am paying rent of 26K in Gurgaon. So rent range could be 25-28K.

Can you guys suggest some good options and some brokers who I could contact for house hunting.

PS: Do you guys know if NOC for car transfer needs to be made under name RTO Hyderabad or is there any specific name as I see multiple RTOs in city.
Old 26th April 2015, 12:32   #178
BHPian

Guys, I am moving to Hyderabad and my office is likely to be in Uppal. Would appreciate some help with my queries below as I've not been there earlier and will be with my wife and infant daughter.

1. Which are some of the good residential areas and projects within a 30 min drive to Up pal? Looking for apartments only and preferably with good amenities for kids and close to schools. Rental budget not a significant constraint. Would Banjara Hills be a feasible option?

2. Any tips on getting my kid admitted to a playschool in June (the academic year would likely have just begun)?

3. Is getting domestic help a big challenge?

4. How easy is it to get a gas connection?

Many thanks in advance and look forward to the Team BP meets there!

Cheers

Last edited by Agarwaka : 26th April 2015 at 12:40.
Old 26th April 2015, 12:54   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
Guys, I am moving to Hyderabad and my office is likely to be in Uppal. Would appreciate some help with my queries below as I've not been there earlier and will be with my wife and infant daughter.

1. Which are some of the good residential areas and projects within a 30 min drive to Up pal? Looking for apartments only and preferably with good amenities for kids and close to schools. Rental budget not a significant constraint. Would Banjara Hills be a feasible option?

2. Any tips on getting my kid admitted to a playschool in June (the academic year would likely have just begun)?

3. Is getting domestic help a big challenge?

4. How easy is it to get a gas connection?

Many thanks in advance and look forward to the Team BP meets there!

Cheers
This is my opinion.

1. Banjara Hills is too far off for Uppal. Being from Bangalore it may not seem far to you.

2. Getting into a play school will be easy

3. Domestic help is readily available, will have to shell out appropriate rates as per your locality

4. Gas connections are as difficult as else where. You can transfer your existing one, then it is straightforward. Otherwise, you can always get instantaneous connections from agencies like SuperGas
Old 26th April 2015, 12:59   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
This is my opinion.

1. Banjara Hills is too far off for Uppal. Being from Bangalore it may not seem far to you.
Many thanks for your thoughts. Would you be able to recommend any specific areas that we could consider (since Banjara Hills may be inconvenient)? Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks