Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2015, 00:00   #166
BHPian

Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

RavenAvi
Hi
Thanks for titbits for an ignoramus person like me( dont even know the meaning of pancham).
I dont recognise all of the persons in the old picture. Would love it if you tag it.
Today on TimesNow saw some clips of Helen. Reminded me of this song from the movie Lahoo ko do rang.

A song by Kishore. Not so well known.

Enjoy
Regards
Old 12th July 2015, 11:14   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Thanks for titbits for an ignoramus person like me( dont even know the meaning of pancham).
The 5th swar in the "Sa, Re, Ga, Ma, Pa, Dha, Ni, Sa" series.

Only Rafi saab and Lata ji had voices so flexible that they could stretch to the 5th (pancham) swar.

Quote:
I dont recognise all of the persons in the old picture. Would love it if you tag it.

Front row (Left to Right): N.Dutta, Anandji, R.D.Burman, Omi (of the Sonik-Omi duo), Dattaram and Kanu Ghosh.

Back row (Left to Right): Pyarelal, S.D.Burman, Shankar, O.P.Nayyar, Salil Chowdhury, Jaikishan, Kalyanji, Laxmikant.

Speaking of rich, baritone voices, I am reminded of Hemant Kumar. Very distinguishable, very impressive.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th July 2015 at 11:15.
Old 12th July 2015, 12:48   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Front row (Left to Right): N.Dutta, Anandji, R.D.Burman, Omi (of the Sonik-Omi duo), Dattaram and Kanu Ghosh.

Back row (Left to Right): Pyarelal, S.D.Burman, Shankar, O.P.Nayyar, Salil Chowdhury, Jaikishan, Kalyanji, Laxmikant.
I was aware of almost all but surely not all of them. Example I cannot place Kalyanji/Anandji, N Dutta, Dattaram etc.

Some trivia:

- Datta Ram was assistant to Shankar Jaikishan. He was the lead music director for Ab Dilli Door Nahi and Parvarish.
- Not many know that: On the "Hai Apna Dil to Awara" song from Solva saal sung by Hemant, the Mouth Organ was played by RD Burman.

Last edited by ampere : 14th July 2015 at 00:55.
Old 14th July 2015, 12:55   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

And, on the other end of the spectrum, Rafi saab at his sensual best:

Old 15th July 2015, 23:45   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And, on the other end of the spectrum, Rafi saab at his sensual best:
RavenAvi.
Hi.
Sadhana has never looked better than in Rajkumar.
Some titbit. The movie did quite well and ran for 24 weeks as the producer did not want to spend money on silver jubilee celebrations.
2 great songs by Geeta Dutt.

Enjoy
Regards.
PS : Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2015 at 00:03. Reason: Removed video links for the quoted post
Old 16th July 2015, 00:24   #171
Team-BHP Support

One from only movie which had both Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar. The movie Andaz with music by Naushad.

One from Anil Biswaas stable. (Movie : Araam)

Many again wont know, Talat Mahmood acted in the movie. (Of course he has acted in many more in lead roles as well)

@Avi, On Rafi's high pitch songs there are quite many. But one in high tone, from the lesser know movies (Patanga with Shankar Jaikishan)
The song has some amount of sadness embedded, but still one of the most lively ones to listen to.

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2015 at 00:29.
Old 16th July 2015, 00:35   #172
JLS
BHPian

Typically Rafi used to sing for Dilipkumar and Mukesh for Raj kapur. However in Aandaz, Mukesh sung unforgettable songs for Dilipkumar and Rafi for Raj kapur. Apart from 'tu kahe agar' , 'jhum jhum ke nacho aaj' and 'hum aaj kanhi dil kho baithe' are equally melodious and soulful.
Regards
JLS
Old 17th July 2015, 10:32   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Avi, On Rafi's high pitch songs there are quite many. But one in high tone, from the lesser know movies (Patanga with Shankar Jaikishan)
Most of Rafi's high-pitched songs were reserved typically for "loud", brashful stars such as Shammi Kapoor, Shashi Kapoor, etc as soon as the late 60s came in.

If you noticed, most of the songs he sung for Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand, etc., earlier than the late 60s, were light, soft and sung in a croon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Typically Rafi used to sing for Dilipkumar and Mukesh for Raj kapur. However in Aandaz, Mukesh sung unforgettable songs for Dilipkumar and Rafi for Raj kapur. Apart from 'tu kahe agar' , 'jhum jhum ke nacho aaj' and 'hum aaj kanhi dil kho baithe' are equally melodious and soulful.
+1. Andaz is one of the best song albums of that era. All songs are pure gold.

Quote:
Sadhana has never looked better than in Rajkumar.
I think she looked her best in earlier films such as Parakh, Asli Naqli, Ek Musafir Ek Hasina, etc. Even in Aarzoo, Mere Mehboob, Mera Saaya & Waqt she looked extremely lovely!

But her most breathtaking look was reserved for one of her biggest hits - Wo Kaun Thi? Simply stunning!

1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?-20sld3.jpg
(Image sourced from Rediff)

She was the epitome of beauty in this particular song, from which the image is taken. Let's gawk at that eternal charmer!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th July 2015 at 10:37.
Old 19th July 2015, 00:09   #174
BHPian

RavenAvi
Hi
Sadhana in those back and white had a different look. In Rajkumar(in color) she had the glamorous look which became an instant hit with the college going males. I dont remember if Mere Mehboob was released earlier but I didnt see it as I wasnt a fan of Rajendra Kumar.
A song for today. Great song but I cant imagine Pran singing.

One more. Strictly speaking doesnt belong to this thread but because of Madan Mohan posting here.

Enjoy Regards
Old 21st July 2015, 00:41   #175
Team-BHP Support

Couple of songs for today.

1. We have rarely talked of Roshan. The most famous is Taj Mahal (Jo Wada kiya wo..) and Dil Hi To Hai (Laga Chunari me daag). But there are many more lesser known gems by him, with some really fantastic singing and lyrics. Here is one from the movie called Bheegi Raat

2. A Madan Mohan classic from a lesser known movie (Dekh Kabira Roya). And this time its the silken voice of Talat

Last edited by ampere : 21st July 2015 at 00:43.
Old 21st July 2015, 09:57   #176
Senior - BHPian

Was listening to "Hum se aaya na gaya" while on my way to work. Pure gold. Thanks for posting it. The movie has another beautiful song by Manna Dey "Kaun aaya mere man ke dwaare".
Old 21st July 2015, 14:57   #177
BHPian

Rafi and Rajendra kumar spent quite sometime together and covered over 150 odd songs. For me, one of my all time favs is this one which does not feature in the Top 10 Rafi Raj combine. Nevertheless a gem
Old 21st July 2015, 16:00   #178
Senior - BHPian

Got time to listen to some wonderful mentions here after a few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

1. We have rarely talked of Roshan.
A pity rather, eh? I'd mentioned his Bawre Nain and Nau Bahar in an earlier post (My top favourite any time music) and of course, Milan

Today's Roshan's gem from me would be Julm-e-urfat, from Taj Mahal

I like this one more than the other popular Jo wada kiya and Paon choolene do
Old 21st July 2015, 22:47   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
I like this one more than the other popular Jo wada kiya and Paon choolene do
A Classic one there! Even I love it.

Again a different theme: Continuing with Talat, but this time music by Salil Chowdhary

Every one knows the happy duet from Chaya (Itna na mujhse to pyaar bada). But the Talat solo is a classic.

The other one is from the movie "Ek Gaon ki Kahani"

Old 21st July 2015, 23:48   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Was listening to "Hum se aaya na gaya" while on my way to work. Pure gold. Thanks for posting it. The movie has another beautiful song by Manna Dey "Kaun aaya mere man ke dwaare".
Deepakhon.
Hi
There is another song in this movie viz Dekh Kabira Roya which became quite popular. The movie wasnt a success but the songs were well received.

An evergreen song by Talat.

Enjoy
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks