Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2014, 23:15   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
PS: Ampere Hi. Omar Khayyam " Dead yesterday unborn tomorrow why fret about them if today be sweet. Strongly believe it. My point was about the country. Rgds
Of course! As I slowly see, my own tastes have been changing over times. Even though Shankar Jaikishan , SD Burman and Salil Chowdhary have been the eternal favourites with their orchestrations, the inclination has slowly started to move towards Naushad as well. Especially the Dilip Kumar, Naushad, Shakeel and Rafi. Some of the most amazing brooding songs ever to grace.

Last week heard: Guzare Hain Aaj Ishq Mein.. (Dil Diya Dard Liya)
Old 29th December 2014, 10:07   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

"Naino me Badara Chaye" is a classic Madan Mohan with Raja Mehndi Ali Khan.
Was listening to this song during my drive from Chikamagalur to BLR yesterday. Wonderful song by Lata.

Thanks to me listening to all the music from 50s and 60s, my 9 year old daughter has started to like them and wants to listen only to "old songs".
Old 29th December 2014, 14:38   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the inclination has slowly started to move towards Naushad as well. Especially the Dilip Kumar, Naushad, Shakeel and Rafi. Some of the most amazing brooding songs ever to grace.
My similar discovery was Anil Biswas - During my college days in the 90s in Coimbore there was a music shop owned by a Guajarati. They used to have almost all old songs collection. I used to write down my favourite songs and get it recorded in cassettes at this shop (It also helped that the owner had a beautiful daughter ). I found that more often my favourite oldies were of Anil Biswas.

But it was quite recently that I found this song - what a sweet tune, you feel that the song is wafting out from somewhere unknown

Mukesh and Lata

Old 29th December 2014, 16:11   #109
Senior - BHPian

If you want to experience the magic that's Lata, check out the song from Aamrapali: Tumhe Yaad Karte Karte.
Old 29th December 2014, 23:27   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
My similar discovery was Anil Biswas - During my college days in the 90s in Coimbore there was a music shop owned by a Guajarati. They used to have almost all old songs collection. I used to write down my favourite songs and get it recorded in cassettes at this shop (It also helped that the owner had a beautiful daughter ). I found that more often my favourite oldies were of Anil Biswas.

But it was quite recently that I found this song - what a sweet tune, you feel that the song is wafting out from somewhere unknown

Mukesh and Lata

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=7z33QTl-erU
Mallumowgli
Hi
I have posted a couple of songs one from Tarana and one Talat with Suraiya. Both great.
Here is Lata's favourite Enjoy.

Another unknown gem of Lata's (my elder sister's favourite)

Regards.
PS: Helped? That should be the primary reason
PPS: Ampere Hi. Dil Diya.. did not do well at the BO. One interesting point I remember. 2 different students of English honors( I was doing Logic and Metaphysics) loved this.
Deepakhon. This is for your daughter. Maybe the first rap song

Last edited by faustus77 : 29th December 2014 at 23:35.
Old 30th December 2014, 13:58   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
My similar discovery was Anil Biswas - During my college days in the 90s in Coimbore there was a music shop owned by a Guajarati.
All the source to my findings has been my dad and the ever dependable radio. There used to be All India Radio Urdu service and Shortwave and Medium Wave. (Dont know if its still there). Apart from that Radio Ceylon and Vivid Bharathi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
If you want to experience the magic that's Lata, check out the song from Aamrapali: Tumhe Yaad Karte Karte.
+1. As I mentioned earlier, it was the era of Swinging Shammi. And in that age despite the Rock and Jazz it was a commendable performance by Shankar-Jaikishan. Each one of Lata's is a classic from that movie.

Another of Lata's classic which I love is the solo performance from the movie Raat aur Din (The Nargis Comeback movie I think). Love both sad and happy versions. (Aawara ..E Mere Dil). The softness of Lata's voice is a different level altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Was listening to this song during my drive from Chikamagalur to BLR yesterday. Wonderful song by Lata.
Thanks to me listening to all the music from 50s and 60s, my 9 year old daughter has started to like them and wants to listen only to "old songs".
+1. Thats great. You just need to expose them to the taste and they would lap it up!

Last edited by ampere : 21st July 2015 at 00:58.
Old 30th December 2014, 14:47   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another unknown gem of Lata's (my elder sister's favourite)
Vow. That is indeed an unknown gem. And I thought I knew all the songs from Malhar!! 1951 was indeed the golden year from the golden era

Quote:
PS: Helped? That should be the primary reason
Can't confess that in a T-bhp thread dedicated to old songs, right?

Quote:
All the source to my findings has been my dad and the ever dependable radio. There used to be All India Radio Urdu service and Shortwave ad Medium Wave. (Dont know if its still there). Apart from that Radio Ceylon and Vivid Bharathi.
Nowadays we have Masti, B4U, 9XM, Sony Mix etc in DTH - if you are lucky you can get some good songs after 9pm. Naino mein badra chaye was on Masti yesterday night

And of course, AIR VBS, AIR Urdu, Air Hindi and FM Gold are also there in DishTv
Old 30th December 2014, 23:21   #113
BHPian

Hi everybody
Ampere Hi. You have mentioned RD quite a few times. Here are 2 hidden gems. Both having steam engine sound as background.
A)
B)
Enjoy.
Regards
PS: Mallumowgli
Old 1st January 2015, 23:15   #114
BHPian

Ampere HI
You mentioned Raat aur Din.
This was produced by Anwar Hussain her brother.
A)Here is a song picturised on him and sung by Kishore.

B) Vintage RD, maybe his first movie. Helen as graceful as ever.
Old 7th February 2015, 19:24   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ampere HI
You mentioned Raat aur Din.
Visiting this thread after a long time. The Lata solos in this movie were very melodious esp "Awara E Mere Dil". Of course the other movie, which I would "listen" for Lata songs only is Aamrapali. Each one is crafted to perfection. Meanwhile was hunting for this piece. The only colour version of Madhubala. The movie Jwala with music by Shankar-Jaikishan.

Old 9th February 2015, 23:03   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Visiting this thread after a long time. The Lata solos in this movie were very melodious esp "Awara E Mere Dil". Of course the other movie, which I would "listen" for Lata songs only is Aamrapali. Each one is crafted to perfection. Meanwhile was hunting for this piece. The only colour version of Madhubala. The movie Jwala with music by Shankar-Jaikishan.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=sYAq...g&spfreload=10
Ampere
Hi.Good to see a post by you.
I havnt heard of this movie.Could be that it was in the cans for a very long time. Madhubala seems a bit younger than her earlier pictures. Maybe I am mistaken.
Enjoy this gem from Seema. Vintage SJ. Rgds
PS: There is a longer version having a sad part. This is the happier one. Be happy

Old 9th February 2015, 23:08   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
PS: There is a longer version having a sad part. This is the happier one. Be happy
Ah Seema! People remember "Tu Pyaar Ka Saagar Hai" the most from this movie

The one I love the most is Manmohana bade jhoote. Of course vintage Shailendra.

Old 10th February 2015, 14:23   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah Seema! People remember "Tu Pyaar Ka Saagar Hai" the most from this movie

The one I love the most is Manmohana bade jhoote. Of course vintage Shailendra.
You echo my thoughts! Not a big fan of 'Tu pyaar ka sagar hai'

My contribution for today - another Anil Biswas classic from Tarana

Old 11th February 2015, 23:13   #119
BHPian

Ampere
Hi.
Good to posts.
I would agree with Mallumowgli. I too wasnt a great fan of 'tu pyaar ka sagar...."
It was played thousands of times and so lost its appeal. At least for me.
For today a great gem from Devdas

Enjoy.
Regards
Old 11th February 2015, 23:50   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For today a great gem from Devdas
There was a Telegu version of Devdas with A Nageshwar Rao (ANR) as lead. Many say that was even better than Dilip Kumar version. (I just heard that story. Have not seen that movie).

My contribution for today:

Every one knows about the movie Boot Polish. And all know about "Nanne Munne Bache". Ever heard this one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks