Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 20:51   #61
BANNED

Devdath,

Firstly, what is the duration you intend to stay at Mumbai.

Is it for a short period of time or few years?

Do let me know, i can look at some properties for rent through a known person.

BTW, 10K and beyond for a 1BHK

I feel its a bit more than average.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:15   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
From Khargar there is only one option, from belapur there are two options and from nerul also there are two options of AC buses but still you will have to go to the depot or highway which could mean atleast 10/15 mins walk from your home.
I think best place to rent up accomodation would be sanpada, nerul and drive/ride down to your office.
Nerul is certainly on the list and I do not mind walking for around 30 mins daily. I like it, to be frank.
What would be the difference in the rent between Nerul and Kharghar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It has markets, restaurants etc. and still hasn't gone glitzy the way Vashi has with its InOrbit and McDonald's! All the best and do keep us posted.
Thats one more note of appreciation for Nerul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Devdath,

Firstly, what is the duration you intend to stay at Mumbai.

Is it for a short period of time or few years?
Well Pavan, the relocation is atleast going to be for an year, nothing less than that.
Thank you for your help.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:38   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Nerul is certainly on the list and I do not mind walking for around 30 mins daily. I like it, to be frank.
Make sure that there are shower facilities available in the office.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:03   #64
BHPian

The difference in rent between Nerul and Khargar would be around 1000 rs but then the time to travel between Khargar and Nerul itself is anything between 20 mins to 30 mins. But in Nerul you would have to shell out anything between 11000 to 15000 per month. The deposit would be between Rs 70000/- to Rs 110000/-.

Khargar would be say 10% lesser then Nerul.

Regards

Mansi
Old 27th September 2010, 12:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

I have lived in Belapur for many years and now live in Kharghar so i thought i would chip in with my inputs about these 2 places which are just 10 min drive away from each other.

Power supply, water and internet : Both are equally same and have uninterrupted supply.

Public transport :

Buses : Belapur is better in this regards as it is a starting point for A/C buses. Also frequency of buses is more from Belapur. Someone living in Kharghar would have to change buses in Belapur if they want to travel in a NMMT or BEST A/C bus. BEST A/C buses can also be boarded from the Kharghar highway.

Trains : Frequency wise both are good. Access to the station to the Kharghar station can be a concern if you are staying in a non walkable distance from the station. You would need a 2 wheeler for your to and fro commute to the Kharghar station as Autoriskhaws are not available freely in the nights.

AutoRikshaws : Again Belapur is better. As Belapur falls under Navi Mumbai RTO jurdiction,the meters are enforced and the rikhshaw drivers comply to it. Same is not true for Kharghar which is under a different RTO. The rikhshaws here do not follow the meter system and have a fixed rate for travel to different places.

Resturants, shops , schools etc in both places are good and also easily accessible from each other. One thing to note here is that there isnt a single restaurant in Kharghar which serves alcohol and there are no wine shops here as there are lot of colleges and educational institutions in the vicinity. However Belapur has plenty of bars, lounges bars etc which can be easily accessed from Kharghar. Kharghar has a couple of multiplexes.

Do drive around both the places to get a feel of it.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:53   #66
BANNED

Thank you heavy_foot for your detailed inputs.
I had a question here. If I chose to stay at Belapur over Kharghar or Nerul, would it be easy for me to commute to work and back?

If so, what is the rent difference between these 2 areas?
Old 27th September 2010, 14:16   #67
Senior - BHPian

Yes it would be slightly easier for you to commute from Nerul as it is closer to Turbhe.
In terms of proximity from Turbhe, the order would be Nerul > Seawoods> Belapur > Kharghar. However Nerul, Sewoods, Belapur and Kharghar are not far from each other.

I am not sure about the prevailing rents as we live in our own house here, but traditionally Nerul is costlier than CBD and Kharghar. Also depends on the area and the building and amenities it offers. As i said earlier drive around and get a feel of the place and narrow down on the area/sector depending upon your budget.
Old 7th July 2012, 01:13   #68
BHPian

Re: Relocating to Mumbai!

Hello Folks, I will be relocating to Mumbai somewhere in August. My office will be Lower Parel. I am confused if I should rent a place in New Mumbai (Nerul, palm beach road) or Mumbai suburbs (Goregaon, Kandivali, Borivali, Mulund). My budget is 25k and I will need a 2 BHK.
Old 7th July 2012, 12:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
Hello Folks, I will be relocating to Mumbai somewhere in August. My office will be Lower Parel. I am confused if I should rent a place in New Mumbai (Nerul, palm beach road) or Mumbai suburbs (Goregaon, Kandivali, Borivali, Mulund). My budget is 25k and I will need a 2 BHK.
If your office is at Lower Parel, staying in Western suburbs makes more sense. How do you plan to travel? Train? or by Car? If car or train, still western suburbs make more sense. Look at either Borivali or Kandivali. Although Goregaon is good, getting a train from Goregaon can be a bit challenging!
Old 7th July 2012, 17:26   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
If your office is at Lower Parel, staying in Western suburbs makes more sense. How do you plan to travel? Train? or by Car? If car or train, still western suburbs make more sense.

Why? Though I haven't been to that part of Bombay for years - from Memory I think even Parel station the Central line is very near Lower Parel station - it shouldn't make much diff if you Lower Parel station or Parel Station.
Old 7th July 2012, 17:58   #71
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks, I will be relocating to Mumbai somewhere in August. My office will be Lower Parel.
The people who have their homes close to their workplace are the most blessed souls in Mumbai! I spend 4-5hrs in the car travelling from the suburbs to south mumbai everyday. The traffic scene gets worse during the monsoon.
Try to find a place near to your office space.
Old 7th July 2012, 21:41   #72
BHPian

Thanks for the responses guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
If your office is at Lower Parel, staying in Western suburbs makes more sense. How do you plan to travel? Train? or by Car? If car or train, still western suburbs make more sense. Look at either Borivali or Kandivali. Although Goregaon is good, getting a train from Goregaon can be a bit challenging!
As of now, I am scared of Mumbai local overcrowding . I plan to travel by road (read car).

Could you please help me with the reasons? I ask this because Vashi, Palm beach road, kandivali & Borivali are almost equidistant from Lower Parel and I believe New Mumbai has more open spaces and is planned right from the begining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
The people who have their homes close to their workplace are the most blessed souls in Mumbai! I spend 4-5hrs in the car travelling from the suburbs to south mumbai everyday. The traffic scene gets worse during the monsoon.
Try to find a place near to your office space.
Very rightly said. Finding space near my workplace would be almost 50K as rent for a 2 BHK so it's out of scope.

Last edited by Adi_k : 7th July 2012 at 21:45.
Old 7th July 2012, 22:00   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As of now, I am scared of Mumbai local overcrowding . I plan to travel by road (read car).

Could you please help me with the reasons? I ask this because Vashi, Palm beach road, kandivali & Borivali are almost equidistant from Lower Parel and I believe New Mumbai has more open spaces and is planned right from the begining.
Eh, your office is still in the old Mumbai, so you still need to be cautious.

How much time do you want to spend in commute? If you can decide this, you can then look for the appropriate place of residence. The farther you stay from the place of work, the more time (and consequently money) and energy you will spend in commute. For e.g. travelling from Borivali / Kandivali on the Western Express Highway, or coming in from Vashi and getting stuck in traffic at Sion and thereabouts would be challenging to do on a daily basis.

It may be worth investing in a place which is about ten to fifteen minutes on foot from your office. This may be costly, but you will save the daily hassles and frustrations of travel. Unless you are a driving freak I would advise you to cut short your travel time as much as possible if you want to enjoy a better life quality.
Old 7th July 2012, 22:01   #74
BANNED

Quote:
You will need to pay Rs.30 toll each way (total Rs. 60) if you are driving to and fro from Vashi to Bombay.

You can also look at the Eastern Suburbs (Chembur, Ghatkopar, Vikhroli, Bhandup, Mulund) if you don't want to go to the Western Suburbs.

On the Western Suburbs you get the Western Express Highway upto Bandra. On the Eastern Suburbs, you get the Eastern Express Highway upto Chembur. In my experience, the Eastern Express is far less crowded than the Western Express any time of the day.

Even if you want to go by train, the train from the Eastern Suburbs is less crowded than Western Railway. However, this is just relative. Both are bloody crowded!

I think it's best if you spend a month in Bombay and then make the decisions. Traveling to work in Bombay both by train and car is probably much more difficult than you would think based on your experience in any other city in India.

I used to drive from Mulund to Andheri West and back. The distance was around 22-24 kms. On a good day, I would take 70 mins in the morning and 90 mins in the evening if I left at precise times in both morning & evening. But if I miss my window by half hour in the evening or if there is some problem on the way, the evening journey could take up to 3 hours. Even leaving at the right time, I have once spent an hour getting from Andheri West to Andheri East (3-4 kms).

Last edited by carboy : 7th July 2012 at 22:03.
Old 8th July 2012, 17:01   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea what will be your office timings? Will you be staying with family/office colleagues?

If your office starts a bit late (post 10 am) then travelling by trains is somewhat better - by better I mean you will find a place to stand peacefully. Do not even think about getting a place to sit. WIll you be driving your own car or commuting via company car? Santacruz, Khar, Bandra, Parle (W) will all be costly. However you can check out Santacruz (E).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks