Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 12:00   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Yes it is poor show by India. The pitch is full of runs. I have not seen the match but i'am online with cricinfo and t-bhp. I can visualize the things.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:02   #1877
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
See how quick you are in defending the Fab 3 though they failed miserably.
Its using common sense. Sachin took a couple of steps down the track prompting the existence of a single and then backed out too late. I call that unfortunate that there was no clear early calling like there usually is. But I was shocked to see Ganguly run straight on the danger zone and back. And umpire said nothing.

Quote:
And see how desperate you are to prove your point ;-)
Haha. Really? All I want is for him to get out, get dropped and give the youngsters a chance. Maybe atleast then we will have you and the whole lot here let us enjoy some cricket. And put an end to this useless fab 3 v/s even more useless youngsters war.

Quote:
Isn't it the "right" expectation from a 400 match veteran?
And I am to expect that we are to have the same expectations from a man whose been in the best of forms in the last month or so? I am talking about the stylish left hander, the T20 hero. Who is expected to carry on his form to good use. Much like what Symonds, Hayden are in this series. But that seldom happens with the Indian team. And even seldom in case of Yuvraj Singh.

Quote:
RR related comments were in the context of the last match. IMHO, they are out of context here.
Haha once again. I am surprised how the arguments keep changing with every match here. Much like the statements of the BCCI. The mantra is still the same, keep wickets, decent RR and go for the kill in the final overs. Applies to any match. Not just yesterday's or today's.

Quote:
Yup, let us hope they plan common sense cricket.
Sadly, Indian team lacks it it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc
The feeling that Dhoni is not captaincy material is just being re-confirmed again and again.
Who was that who laughed at me when I said that on day 1 ?

Quote:
Little fella gone, without his fifty
Maybe he is aiming to set the "age records" of failing the most number of times in 90s & 40s.

And for those who think fab 3 are selfish, kindly have a close look at Ganguly's reaction after his dismissal. He seemed mighty pissed, a sense of remorse I haven't seen any of the youngsters put out. I wonder whose actually playing to do well? Or whose putting their heart out into the game?

And for the rest who think Sachin is behind records, please translate his body language during the felicitation ceremony and tell me why he didn't seem too pleased? It was not the usual Sachin's smile. Ah, well records you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surprise
A Lee special, the best ball he's bowled today, pitching on a good length and sucking Tendulkar forward into the straight drive, then deviating and drawing the outside edge which Gilchrist gleefully snaps up!
Are you kidding? That was a silly ball, a silly shot, from a silly man who plays for only records.

Diabloo, are you jealous that you are not his real estate agent ? Seriously, does it pain you that he is spending "HIS OWN" hard earned money on buying things for his family?

I think what I saw today from the little champion was one of the best knocks under pressure. Each of those boundaries were a sign of pure class. A bliss to watch (much to the sad dismay of many here). Sadly, it was short lived.

When was the last time India suffered such a humiliating batting collapse? 2006 against SA where they collapsed to 91. That makes it two attempts in two successive years with our youngsters playing in them. The last time this happened with seniors playing in the team was in Y2k. So point is when the onus lies on the youngsters to score when it matters they fail.

Diabloo, can I say that "Why should Sachin play alone while the rest of the team didn't?" Rotflmao.

This is where Australians are to be credited. Inspite of losing quick wickets (in earlier matches) they always had someone who held up one end while at the other we had aggressive batting without losing any wickets. Sadly, this bit of common sense doesn't apply to Yuvraj, Dhoni, Uthappa in particular.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:02   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Didn't watch the game. Was the pitch really that much in favour of pace/swing? Looks like very poor batting by India.
Tch tch RKS - you mean you were making a prediction of 225 without even watching the game? I think you are taking this very lightly .
Old 11th October 2007, 12:07   #1879
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Was the pitch really that much in favour of pace/swing?
I will tell you what the pitch was like. ONLY two batsmen got out to good deliveries. One was Dravid, swinging quick ball bang on the stumps first up (with feet not moving well). Second one is that Sachin got as surprise has already described. For the rest of the wickets to fall full credit goes to the Indian batsmen. But looks like Zaheer Khan & RP Singh are showing how it is to be done.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:08   #1880
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Tch tch RKS - you mean you were making a prediction of 225 without even watching the game? I think you are taking this very lightly .
Why not? Looked like Sachin and Pathan would have stayed and they were going fine at about 4 an over.at 92-5. I did say "optimistic" and finished that post with "I have no idea what's written in the stars". Why do you make a big deal of this? I am working in my office, and so obviously cannot see the game during office hours.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:09   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Who was that who laughed at me when I said that on day 1 ?
You mean to say me ? Check it out again.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:15   #1882
Team-BHP Support

148 all out.
Don't think India's winning today.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:32   #1883
BHPian

Hayden will bat with one hand to chase this scorre..and even he can do this in 20 overs.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:33   #1884
BANNED

Im still voting fopr INDIA to win this one ...
Old 11th October 2007, 12:36   #1885
BHPian

Any chances of rain?
Old 11th October 2007, 12:46   #1886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Im still voting fopr INDIA to win this one ...
That would certainly make my day.
Old 11th October 2007, 12:55   #1887
Senior - BHPian

atleast let's close the poll and not embarass ourselves
Old 11th October 2007, 12:57   #1888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Any chances of rain?
Any chances of snow ?
Old 11th October 2007, 13:05   #1889
Senior - BHPian