Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2012, 11:45   #6526
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Arre yaar it is starting to hurt now :(
Old 15th January 2012, 12:06   #6527
BHPian

I will totally reason all of these failures to IPL. I somehow feel IPL has played a spoil sport. The youngsters are just preferring lucrative money rather than playing for the nation.
BCCI is aware how business works and they are least bothered about the team winning or losing matches.
Old 15th January 2012, 12:12   #6528
BHPian

This is getting beyond embarrassing now. One billion people and we can't seem to find 12 people who can play decent cricket. What a shame. It's high time we STOP IDOLIZING these idiots who CAN'T PLAY CRICKET. As an Indian I am so ashamed, I can't even show my face at work tomorrow without being ridiculed.

They should skip the next test and just fly back home. It will save us all a lot of embarrassment, I mean the result is already known isn't it. It is going to be a 4-0 loss, and I highly doubt we can win any ODIs either.
Old 15th January 2012, 12:12   #6529
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The game of cricket is a great leveler and there cannot be more proof for this than what India is going through right now.
After being former World Test champions, winning the ODI World cup in 2011, they've had a 0-4 whitewash in England and now trailing 0-3 in Australia all in a span of few months !
Old 15th January 2012, 12:38   #6530
Team-BHP Support

BCCI is starting to look like the Govt. of India now.

They are making a lot of money. They aren't too interested in the welfare of the Cricketers. Injuries don't bother them. They don't want to spend a little money on improving infrastructure, bringing in equipment that will help injured players. They don't want to spend any money on technology like DRS (for whatever reason, I believe it boils down to money).

Look at England. They have state-of-the-art facilities for their grounds and pitches. Hovercrafts that ensure water doesn't seep into the pitch.

Isn't the BCCI the richest board? From what I can understand, they simply want to pocket all the money, and make some more when the IPL season starts this year.

Our team has so much potential, and it's unfortunate that it isn't being realized by the BCCI. Looks like our team will head the West-Indies way, at this rate.
Old 15th January 2012, 14:46   #6531
Senior - BHPian

Extended holiday for Skipper and his Missus now
Old 15th January 2012, 17:41   #6532
BHPian

a gem of a comment,from the the above.
Quote:
How does slow over rate matter when India are wrapping the whole damn test in under 3 days?!
Old 15th January 2012, 17:49   #6533
Senior - BHPian

Though England pioneered 20-20, isn't India can take credit for 2.5-2.5 Tests.
Old 16th January 2012, 04:20   #6534
BHPian

no pride, no passion, what's the point of turning up if your intention is not to give 100%? surely there is no greater honour than to represent your country at the highest level, esp in a series that carries so much weight, and expectation? to not throw everything into it, is to commit a massive disservice to those that support and follow you.

this business about playing too much, not enough, money this, finance that, fact is you get picked you play, you play the game, you repay the faith shown in you, it's inevitable that you will lose at some stage, but like this? i could find a pub team second XI that would put up more of a fight.

poor effort, poor india.

Last edited by jai-uno-t : 16th January 2012 at 04:21.
Old 16th January 2012, 07:39   #6535
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Sadly, when one batsman can score 180 odd runs, on the same pitch our team of 11 batsmen together can't get that score

Going by how quickly India can 'finish' test matches, we could have had 6 tests in the time allotted for 4 in this Australia series !

Our board must seriously consider the proposal for not participating in tests. It definitely makes more monetary sense - 5 days of cricket for a losing cause Versus 5 ODI/T20 matches in those same days will rake in tons of revenue. Without any doubt, the board's punch line should be 'It's all about money, honey'.
Old 16th January 2012, 10:25   #6536
BHPian

A few scapegoats will now be sacrificed so that Holy Cows can continue to graze the cricket field. Come april the same batsmen will knock the bowlers all over the park and all will be well with Indian Cricket. The BCCI president makes statements that as long as India is winning in India people will forget these results. God save Indian Cricket.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:05   #6537
Senior - BHPian

Test results on foreign soil have become baffling.
India's best batsmen have all started failing.

Clearly time for VVS to hang up his boots and handover his spot to Rohit Sharma.
Kohli is getting the req exposure and is finding his feet in Aus.

Rohit Sharma will need time to settle in as well.

Apart from that one change I dont see logic in any other batsmen.
They need a hardcore and long lesson in playing balls that are swinging away from off stump.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:09   #6538
Senior - BHPian

The players have taken their places for granted for far too long, hence they continue to play irresponsibly. Sachin's quest for his 100th hundred has had an effect on the team also.

Frankly speaking, the team never had any pride nor determination in representing the country abroad. Its as if they are on a holiday, where them turning up on the groun is enough for them to be an Indian player. How many Indian players wear "proper" traditional test caps? It may be insignificant for some, but you representing your country and that traditional test cap is supposed to mean to you a lot. Its not only a cap , its a symbol that you are representing your country way the highest level and you are supposed to "fight" for your country, not surrender meekly like they did in the three test matches.

Look at the Aussies, they wear their battered test cricket caps with pride in every single match, as proudly as a soldier who has his bravery medals pinned on his chest. Its is this pride that the Indian team needs to have. They have the talent, but certainly not the guts to fight out out in the middle in tough conditions.

And on top of that, we have our great players(who failed so miserably) who tell the Aussies to come to India and then they will see who's the better team. What sort of attitude is this? Its almost school boy like. Sheesh!!!!

Last edited by skanchan95 : 16th January 2012 at 11:12.
Old 16th January 2012, 15:33   #6539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Maybe this was another ploy by BCCI to get get Dhoni away from the captaincy at least for the last test. I was expecting a strange injury to come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper1941 View Post
As an Indian I am so ashamed, I can't even show my face at work tomorrow without being ridiculed.
I am ashamed to look at my TV either. I get updates from espncricinfo widget in my mobile, this way I can save power.
Old 20th January 2012, 16:53   #6540
BHPian

Looks like BCCI president words doesnt have any value at all. He asked the curators to make a sporting pitch for the ranji trophy finals. Going by the score at end of play day 2 (404/2) theres nothing sporting in the pitch at all. Any idea what happens if the first innings is not completed by both sides ? Is the trophy shared?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks