Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2012, 23:22   #6556
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
50/3 - Australia. India looking forward for at least a draw.
No chance of a draw. But something unthinkable is going to happen, the match will actually go into the 5th day!

Virat Kohli did play well but he was more focused on letting out abuses & celebration while taking his 100th run than looking for the second which was eventually run as an afterthought!

Last edited by PPS : 26th January 2012 at 23:40.
Old 27th January 2012, 09:02   #6557
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

With Gambhir gone, Aus is just 9 wickets away from the 4-0 series victory !
Old 27th January 2012, 14:46   #6558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Well .. You can say that but carrying 500 runs on the back and surviving close to 5 sessions on 4th and 5th day on any pitch is a difficult task.

They cant play for a draw.. Only way out is to go berserk and punish the bowling and put Ozs on the back foot. Of course there is nothing more to lose
Sehwag did start off very well and when I saw the score 80-1, i could not believe my eyes and bang 80-2, 100-3, 110-4. Same old same old. Now to wait for the T-20 and ODIs. At least we might spank SL in the ODIs.
Old 27th January 2012, 21:21   #6559
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Now it's just the formalities - by lunch tomorrow this match should be over.
Then our players can focus on more important things like their vacation and shopping in Australia.
So what it they lost the Test series 0-4 ? They're so consistent - they just lost the previous Test series against England also 0-4. For this team "Failure is a stepping stone to a bigger failure" as far as Test cricket is concerned. Target in next series 0-5 or 0-6 ?

Last edited by NPV : 27th January 2012 at 21:22.
Old 27th January 2012, 22:06   #6560
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Max fixing by Cricket Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
But something unthinkable is going to happen, the match will actually go into the 5th day!
Actually CA ( cricket australia) is worried about the loss of revenue from advertisements for 2 days in each test. ( it came all leading news papers)

So they might have asked their players to ensure at least 4 days play.

Australia did not impose fallow on just prolong the game and hence some more revenue for their board.

This is also a diiferent kind of match fixing
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 22:15   #6561
Senior - BHPian

A Tamil proverb goes "Veettula Puli, Veliyile eli". Tiger at home, mouse outside. That sums up our cricket team.
Old 28th January 2012, 07:56   #6562
BHPian

What a disaster! One of the worst performances in recent years. Old horses must retire to make way for some young blood. I don’t think even Dhoni is safe here. He is the flat track bully but lacks the technique to play on green tops.

IMO only positive out of the debacle is Kohli's form and Umesh Yadav who has the potential to become our front line bowler.

Wonder whats in store for us in ODIs
Old 28th January 2012, 09:30   #6563
Team-BHP Support

What is most disappointing is not that we lost; it is the manner in which we did.

You know something is horribly wrong when a team regularly posts ~600 runs and 2 batsmen get 200s and the other team struggles to get 200 and there is a lone centurion in 8 innings.

I agree that seniors need to be rested; but who's there to replace them?!

Sehwag is irresponsible, Gambhir is moody and the rest just keep coming in and out of the team!
Old 28th January 2012, 12:10   #6564
Senior - BHPian

I'm so disappointed (being an ardent supporter of the team thru it's good and bad phases) that I've stopped watching cricket totally. But maybe such a beating was needed to bring everyone back on earth and try hard again to regain the lost glory. I still won't blame the players but I feel BCCI should've been taught a lesson and I hope this is it.
Old 28th January 2012, 13:08   #6565
BHPian

We are Ok with team losing, Its just a sport but its disheartening to see the way we lost. Indians attitude was so low all throughout the series.
BCCI's statement "Let them come to India, We will see them" sounds very childish.
They should introspect and give a fresh team to plan for the future, otherwise cricket loving nation may be cricket hating nation.

Can we all boycott IPL by not supporting it to save the Indian cricket?
Old 28th January 2012, 13:39   #6566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I still won't blame the players but I feel BCCI should've been taught a lesson and I hope this is it.
Unfortunately that will never happen. Cometh the IPL and all will be forgotten
Rather than preserving and promoting the game of cricket, BCCI is busy using it for entertainment and turning it into a business module.
Old 28th January 2012, 19:35   #6567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I agree that seniors need to be rested; but who's there to replace them?!
IMO there are youngsters who can be groomed for tests. It was shocking to see the unchanged top 6 for the Adelaide test. Rohit Sharma should have been included in playing 11. Unless we give them opportunity the youngsters will not develop.
I am sure there is plenty of talent in the domestic circuit. There were some stand out performances during Ranji Final from guys like Saxena and Bisht. The need of the hour is to provide opportunity to these talented youngsters at the highest level.
Old 28th January 2012, 19:38   #6568
Senior - BHPian

As the Aussie journalist said on Times Now - we did not even experiment with the same 6 players - push Kohli to No 3 and get Dravid to No 6....we were not even thinking to do something different. So how was Rohit going to get in the playing 11 ?
Old 29th January 2012, 18:55   #6569
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Today's paper says Sehwag might replace Dhoni as Test captain ! Maybe they should consider that only for tests played on Indian soil considering he is not so successful when playing on foreign soil, a brand ambassador for patriotism
How about rotational captaincy ? Everyone will get a chance and no single player can be blamed for losses -> Win-win situation !
Dhoni was earlier known as the man with the Midas touch - he seems to have lost all his gold in 2 instalments at England & Australia, what goes around comes around ?
Old 29th January 2012, 19:23   #6570
Team-BHP Support

As far as I can see, the future of Indian Test Cricket is bleak. With the IPL around the corner, I don't think the BCCI is really concerned. In fact, if they had really learnt their lesson after the England Series debacle, this series would have gone differently.

I'm going to be honest here. It hurts.

Most Viewed