Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 19:07   #6541
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

And people here thought the idea of Ranji winners representing the country for next year was bad! How worse they could do then the present lot??? At least they would be used to the longer format of the game.

7 losses on the trot! How the mighty have fallen.
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:16   #6542
Senior - BHPian

I guess Saxena and Chopra can be a straight fit replacement for sehwag and gambhir as per the current form. Isn't this what we should have done in Australia ?
Old 24th January 2012, 11:08   #6543
BHPian

Yet again, poor show by Indian bowlers except for Ashvin. Expect to finish max by 4th day. We are on course for a great whitewash. We will waste two things if we see this match - our Time and Electricity.
Old 24th January 2012, 11:16   #6544
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking that our batsmen will find form to cement their position for the next 5 or so tests
Old 24th January 2012, 11:22   #6545
BHPian

Another 3 day test match in the offering. Australia will make some 600 runs and india will be bowled out twice within 500.
I know it is very negative thinking but I think this is the best (worst for india) possibility in current scenario
Old 24th January 2012, 11:24   #6546
Senior - BHPian

In the Ranji trophy finals, despite having a first innings lead of 326 runs and a day remaining, the team choses to bat again to give an opportunity for 2 of their batsmen to score 1000 runs for the year.

Thats the sad state of affairs we are in!!! This is why when the same players step up to the international arena, save a few exceptions, none of the others shine. End of rant.
Old 25th January 2012, 20:09   #6547
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like the writing is on the wall - well almost !
After the battering our bowlers received from M/S P-C, we seem to be headed for another back to back 0-4 series defeat. It all depends on how soon India will 'wrap-up' twice.
Only other things that can save us from misery are Lady Luck and God - Viru has not lost a test as captain in his previous 3 tests before this one

I just hope this is not the last test for Dravid and Laxman, they deserve a better farewell for all their contributions to Indian cricket. If this happens, it would be extremely sad since our team would have also ensured the extension of Punter's career based on his performance in the same Test match
Old 26th January 2012, 11:53   #6548
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Australia have decided to play the second innings without enforcing follow on. Looks like their batsmen felt its not fair they bat only once in every match.
Old 26th January 2012, 14:25   #6549
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting - Australia were in a similar situation in the first innings after losing 3 quick wickets and then came the pair of Punter-Pup and battered the Indian bowlers, will they do it once more ? Viru has never lost a test match as captain, will this be the one or NOT ?
Old 26th January 2012, 20:30   #6550
Senior - BHPian

Was just catching up on todays cricket highlights. Fantastic knock by Virat, glad he made his maiden test century. Fantastic batsman when he keeps his emotions in check.

His reaction after the century was hilarious, one could make out quite easily the abuses he was belting out! Good thing they didn't turn up the stump mic
Old 26th January 2012, 20:43   #6551
Senior - BHPian

50/3 - Australia. India looking forward for at least a draw.
Old 26th January 2012, 21:20   #6552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
50/3 - Australia. India looking forward for at least a draw.
I feel it is an over optimistic statement

They need a Herculean effort to make it a draw !!!
Old 26th January 2012, 21:43   #6553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I feel it is an over optimistic statement

They need a Herculean effort to make it a draw !!!

I would still think it is possible. First, Oz have to declare at the right moment which is very difficult to judge, secondly, the battered Indian batting could just manage to get enough inspiration and put up a show after seeing the junior most batsman getting a hundred. The quicks will not be much of a problem as Michael Clarke.
Old 26th January 2012, 22:27   #6554

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover

I would still think it is possible. First, Oz have to declare at the right moment which is very difficult to judge, secondly, the battered Indian batting could just manage to get enough inspiration and put up a show after seeing the junior most batsman getting a hundred. The quicks will not be much of a problem as Michael Clarke.
Hoping for some inspiration too! But it's going to be another 4-0 whitewash:( I used to watch cricket matches whole night when i was in US and for this series I watched 1st 2 matches right from @4.15 am and the 3rd match from 8 am. All those time i was expecting some spirited fight, but only saw them going down badly! I'm loosing interest slowly now and believe it's not just me.. Hope for the sake of cricket and millions of fans I wish some miracle to happen in this match!
Old 26th January 2012, 22:38   #6555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Well .. You can say that but carrying 500 runs on the back and surviving close to 5 sessions on 4th and 5th day on any pitch is a difficult task.

They cant play for a draw.. Only way out is to go berserk and punish the bowling and put Ozs on the back foot. Of course there is nothing more to lose

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks