Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 17:26   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Not to be outdone in the game of who spends more of the Tax Payer's money, the Kerala Chief Minister Comrade I'm Always Right Achumama announces 5 lakhs for Sreesanth and 3 lakhs for Robeen Uthappa.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:29   #1262
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Some of us here come across as sore & unhappy fans who are so disturbed by the fact that our team is not doing well (uptil the WC) that they go about endlessly whining and ranting pointing fingers at certain players, or mocking at them sitting back relaxing on their chairs in front of these stupid boxes. One thing that people are missing here is the fact that its a FREAKING TEAM GAME, where if one/two or three players fail the other members should make up for this loss and lift the entire team. And those who keep blaming the fab 3 for the teams streak of losses either don't understand the phrase "TEAM GAME" or has never been a part of one to know how it works. Or has never closely watched the Aussies play.

The fab 3 whether you like it or hate it WILL be there until that time they deem themselves fit to either play the game or the selectors throw them out. So can you all kindly spare us all this gyan (and your expert I can be a coach comments) and enjoy the game for whats its played and by WHOM its played? Its not that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
How many people here feel 110% confident that India will beat Australia in the Saturday one dayer?
Isn't it clear already amit? If India looses its because of the entry of the fab 3. Not because our youngsters can't pull up their socks in case the fab 3 fail and perform like champions do (ala OZ style). Such sad mentality.

Steer, the competition is not done YET. Dhoni is slated to receive a "SURPRISE UNDISCLOSED GIFT" along with the "Jharkhand Ratna" on the 15th of Oct from the Jharkhand Govt.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 27th September 2007 at 17:35.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:36   #1263
BANNED

I wonder why people here are talking about doomsday & that Aussies are end of the world. Still a ball is to be bowled and already prophecies? Let wish our team (fab 3 + youngsters) come on top. Its our home territory and I still back our country to win the series.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:43   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If India's young guns can match the mighty Australia in T20, why can't they in ODIs? Surely they have talent & skills.
T20 isnt a showcase of skills.. Period!

Quote:
They have showed the temperament by winning the WC.
Dude tell me a team sport in which world champion is decided in only 4-5 games. Heck that shows how seriously T20 was being taken when the format was decided. Its just a desperate move by ICC to get back some popularity cricket has been losing all these years. We had empty grounds in the world cup this year, compare that to any other sport.

Quote:
I would have said they will beat the pulp out of the Aussies in these ODIs. But can't since I know the Fab 3 is back in the team. Oldies, with their great experience (with their I have seen & so I know all attitude) will douse the enthusiasm of the youth & kill their spirit (like we saw in the great movie 'Chukde India').Its the Fab 3 who can't handle the pressure & live up to the expectations.
Are you already looking for excuses for India's loss to Australia? Heck what youngsters are you talking about.... the same Joginder Sharma which is a T20 hero would be beaten to pulp if ever he is in the playing eleven for a 50 over match. How many matches has dhoni won for India when the pitches arent perfect for slogging or hitting as you may call it? Stop defending for the sake of it.

Quote:
I wonder why people here are talking about doomsday & that Aussies are end of the world. Still a ball is to be bowled and already prophecies? Let wish our team (fab 3 + youngsters) come on top. Its our home territory and I still back our country to win the series.
Dude its not the National team. Its a business of which players and BCCI are part of, everything else be dammed. The sooner we realize this, the better.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 27th September 2007 at 17:46.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:45   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Be careful Yuraj, if you fail, the media and the crazy fans may demand you return your Porsche back!
People are gonna kill me for this but here's PROPHECY NUMBER 1 - Yuvraj WILL fail in this weekend's game.

Diabloo, that was hilarious

Last edited by suman : 27th September 2007 at 17:46.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:45   #1266
BANNED

Reason for success of Indian team at T20 WC: President A P J Abdul Kalam's Vision 2020
Old 27th September 2007, 17:49   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reason for success of Indian team at T20 WC: President A P J Abdul Kalam's Vision 2020
It will remain a vision only lest if the leadership and our attitude goes a sea change.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:09   #1268
BANNED

Youngters who did well in T20 WC are those who had good records in Ranji Trophy & other domestic matches. So no question about their skill levels. Infact there are many still knocking door.
1: Cricinfo - Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly not in probables
2: Cricinfo - Inter State Twenty-20 Trophy, 2006-07 Batting - Most Runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
T20 isnt a showcase of skills.. Period!
If only 12 teams take part (with only 10 test playing nations) can't expect more games. No of games India played:
Preliminary round: 2
Super 8: 3
Semi final: 1
Final: 1
Total: 7
So its not 4-5, but 7.
Quote:
Dude tell me a team sport in which world champion is decided in only 4-5 games. Heck that shows how seriously T20 was being taken when the format was decided. Its just a desperate move by ICC to get back some popularity cricket has been losing all these years. We had empty grounds in the world cup this year, compare that to any other sport.
Nope. Based on history of fab 3, can't expect them to live upto the expectation. Comparing to the likes of Bevan, Hussey, our fab 3 haven't got the team on top in difficult situations.
Quote:
Are you already looking for excuses for India's loss to Australia? Heck what youngsters are you talking about.... the same Joginder Sharma which is a T20 hero would be beaten to pulp if ever he is in the playing eleven for a 50 over match. How many matches has dhoni won for India when the pitches arent perfect for slogging or hitting as you may call it? Stop defending for the sake of it.
Then you should refrain BCCI from using the country name and enter the competition as BCCI XI. Govt of India can select a team and call it India XI. Till that happens it is still India's team. Likewise its Australia's team & not CA XI.
Quote:
Dude its not the National team. Its a business of which players and BCCI are part of, everything else be dammed. The sooner we realize this, the better.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:29   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
True diabloo . 1996 WC's top scorer, Sharjah series, test series back home against Aussies, WC match against Sri Lanka in 2003, the just concluded Eng series and countless number of such matches were just glimses of gully cricket.
However hard I try, I am not able to recollect any test in last 7-8 years, in which Tendulkar had made any telling contribution, any test which he has won on his own.

Like Adelaide for Dravid, Multan for Sehwag, Kolkata for VVS...

Cheers

Nitin
Old 27th September 2007, 18:34   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Shane Warne, considered as the best spinner cricket has ever produced must be out of his nuts when he ranks Sachin @ 1, Dravid @ 14 as the 50 greatest players he has ever played with/against.
Yeah, and he put Ponting and Steve Waugh in 30s. That list is as biased as they come.

Indians have tradionally played spinners better that's why he has put Sachin at top. I wonder whether Mcgrath, Vaas or Pollock would also place him at top.

I am not saying that he isn't a good batsman. He is definitely one of the greatest, but I think he is past his prime. He is not able to take pressure anymore.

Cheers

Nitin
Old 27th September 2007, 18:36   #1271
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Like Adelaide for Dravid, Multan for Sehwag, Kolkata for VVS...
I can:
Sachin in Sydney 2004: draw (India batted for 3 days)
Sachin in Chennai 1998/99: lost to Pakistan by 12 runs (Note: Pak 275/4 to 286 all out - Venkatesh Prasad took 6 for 33, infact 5 wickets for 0 run !!)

more when I recollect.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:37   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Dravid - better of the 3 with his improved ODI ability to take singles & hit the oocasional boundary. Six? no way. Few years back when Dravid walked to bat, the opposition got ready for some fielding practise. In fact Dravid used to oblige & push the ball directly to fielders
Dude, Dravid holds the record for fastest ODI fifty by an Indian, against Newzealand. He is a class act and in my opinion currently the best, and worthy of his place among the trio.

Cheers

Nitin
Old 27th September 2007, 18:41   #1273
BANNED

Yes currently. Thats after becoming a captain. Remember he was on the verge of being dropped from ODI team due to his low scoring rate & hence loss of momentum for the team. Then Saurav donned him the gloves and Dravid somehow retained his place as a all rounder (keeper batsman) in the team.
Note: Dravid deserves his place in the ODI team now, based on his current form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Dude, Dravid holds the record for fastest ODI fifty by an Indian, against Newzealand. He is a class act and in my opinion currently the best, and worthy of his place among the trio.

Cheers

Nitin

Last edited by diabloo : 27th September 2007 at 18:43.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:44   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Youngters who did well in T20 WC are those who had good records in Ranji Trophy & other domestic matches. So no question about their skill levels. Infact there are many still knocking door.
So you are judging the skills of a cricketer by the performances in Ranji matches!!!! Our domestic wickets and cricket is a joke at best. No more arguments on this please.

Quote:
If only 12 teams take part (with only 10 test playing nations) can't expect more games. No of games India played:
Preliminary round: 2
Super 8: 3
Semi final: 1
Final: 1
Total: 7
So its not 4-5, but 7.
Why can't I, if the matches are short and there are 12 teams why not?

Quote:
Nope. Based on history of fab 3, can't expect them to live upto the expectation. Comparing to the likes of Bevan, Hussey, our fab 3 haven't got the team on top in difficult situations.
Its the fab three which has won you so many matches, they may not be sensational vistories but victories none the less. There was a time not too long ago, when people used to turn off their TV sets when Sachin got out.

Quote:
Then you should refrain BCCI from using the country name and enter the competition as BCCI XI. Govt of India can select a team and call it India XI. Till that happens it is still India's team. Likewise its Australia's team & not CA XI.
Atleast felicitation of cricketers by the government out of tax payer's doesnt happen anywhere else! They atleast keep it seperate.
Old 27th September 2007, 19:05   #1275
BANNED

Our Ranji trophy winners regularly beat visiting teams. Our under-19 teams win world cups and do well across the world. The India A is playing visiting South African team and they have won the test series 1-0. Since the players are doing well, domestic cricket is quite well organised. Of course there are lot of scopes of improvement. That doesn't mean it a joke. Could you outline the reasons why it is pathetic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
So you are judging the skills of a cricketer by the performances in Ranji matches!!!! Our domestic wickets and cricket is a joke at best. No more arguments on this please.
Wasn't that long long ago Many of current T20 WC champions wouldn't have entered school then
Quote:
There was a time not too long ago, when people used to turn off their TV sets when Sachin got out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks