Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 11:12   #1366
BANNED

Saw the ground in the news today. Grounds men were busy soaking the water from the field Quite unlikely to have a full game tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Tomorrow, barring the rain gods spare us.
Old 1st October 2007, 11:50   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Slightly Off topic.........

Look at the Chinnaswamy stadium (photo shown in TOI today's paper).......all the rubbish are strewn around the stands. Don't our people have some sense in keeping the sorrounding clean. I do hate such kind of things messing up the whole stadium.
Old 1st October 2007, 14:00   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Slightly Off topic.........

Look at the Chinnaswamy stadium (photo shown in TOI today's paper).......all the rubbish are strewn around the stands. Don't our people have some sense in keeping the sorrounding clean. I do hate such kind of things messing up the whole stadium.
I was there at the match (Gate 4). The garbage bins were full within 1 hour into the match. There was no place to throw them except under the chairs.

Along with this, electronic score board didn't work. Video screen was good but it was full of ads.

While getting into the stadium there was too much pushing around & melee. At the moment its not a place for women & children. All this at P3 'invitees' section. KSCA can offer much better facilities to the spectators.

Picture from TOINS:

Last edited by msdivy : 1st October 2007 at 14:04. Reason: Added picture.
Old 1st October 2007, 14:33   #1369
Senior - BHPian

All said and done the fitness levels shown by Clarke were amazing. The way he was pushing for singles at the end of the inning was just fabulous commitment and a tribute to his fitness levels.
And Australian team is a mile away from Indians when it comes to fitness. Look at romesh powar, he is a liability in the field. Even the fittest guys in our team are not-so-fit. For example Yuvraj always has some kinda hamstring or muscle problem each time he scores a hundred.
In anycase dare I say, I was happy to see the much hyped 20-20 winners thrashed by a relatively weak Australian team.
Old 1st October 2007, 15:10   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Picture from TOINS:

HOW DISGUSTING!
Old 1st October 2007, 15:49   #1371
BANNED

Match was abandoned isn't it? When did Aussies win? 307 though good was attainable. Only batsman missing on their side was Ponting and does that make the Australian team weak?

Its a fact that Australia was beaten by India in T20 world cup. If the team was only hype, how did they win the WC? How could straight wins possible against Eng, SA, Aus & Pak (all strong & play T20 more than India)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
In anycase dare I say, I was happy to see the much hyped 20-20 winners thrashed by a relatively weak Australian team.
Old 1st October 2007, 17:19   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Match was abandoned isn't it? When did Aussies win? 307 though good was attainable. Only batsman missing on their side was Ponting and does that make the Australian team weak?

Its a fact that Australia was beaten by India in T20 world cup. If the team was only hype, how did they win the WC? How could straight wins possible against Eng, SA, Aus & Pak (all strong & play T20 more than India)?
90/4 and I know you must be shouting, and then on to 307 and getting arguably the best batsman in your team out for a duck with the score just one. You must thank the rains.

No ponting, no hussey no bracken.. three key players if you ask me, plus the regular tormentor glenn mcgrath who has retired.
Oh so Australia was beaten in T20 means that India is the stronger team... please yourself dude.
Please dont get started on T20 vs other form disscussion, we have had enough. The temperament is tested in the longer version and even the 50 over one day is more than twice of a T20 game.

Answer to the bold part: Beginners luck may be

Last edited by extreme_torque : 1st October 2007 at 17:22.
Old 1st October 2007, 23:08   #1373
BANNED

I have watched enough cricket to know matches have been won & lost from that stage.
Quote:
90/4 and I know you must be shouting, and then on to 307 and getting arguably the best batsman in your team out for a duck with the score just one. You must thank the rains.
India won T20 period. Please don't ridicule them for winning and tell the hyped champs will lose ODIs. Note that ODIs are different from T20. Don't mix the 2 forms of cricket.
Quote:
Oh so Australia was beaten in T20 means that India is the stronger team... please yourself dude.
Please dont get started on T20 vs other form disscussion, we have had enough. The temperament is tested in the longer version and even the 50 over one day is more than twice of a T20 game.
Good humour. Hope you are amused.
Quote:
Answer to the bold part: Beginners luck may be
Old 1st October 2007, 23:12   #1374
BANNED

Kochi Ground condition

Old 1st October 2007, 23:28   #1375
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Bracken will join the OZ team for the 3rd ODI. So is Ponting they say.
Old 2nd October 2007, 00:01   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Ponting's fit to play the 2nd game.. thats if it happens.
Ganguly's had an hamstring injury and harbhajan's in.
My wife's uncle is the curator of the pitch at the Kochi stadium. I remember him telling me that its not the best of places to play after heavy rains.It takes forever to dry up,so I really doubt if the 2nd game would take place.
Will catch the action,anyways.
Old 2nd October 2007, 00:39   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
HOW DISGUSTING!
Come to any TBHP meet. 90% of the members are ok with throwing stuff on the road. Cigarette butts/wrappers/cups/plastic bags. And I'd think we're all educated folk here.
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:04   #1378
BHPian

Get that sreesanth out of the team. He and his bloody attitude...
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:25   #1379
BHPian

pathatic display by Indian team on field.

Lets see what our batsman are up to
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:27   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
India won T20 period. Please don't ridicule them for winning and tell the hyped champs will lose ODIs. Note that ODIs are different from T20. Don't mix the 2 forms of cricket.
So much for your understanding, I aint ridiculing cricketers, but the overjoyed, often blind fans who think we are on an even keel with Australia and are world champions. We are world champions only in T20 that is it, we couldnt even beat England in the one day series and people expect the team to beat Australia easily.
As I said Please yourself.

Most Viewed