Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 20:23   #1216
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Rahul, in that case don't you think he should have kept his mouth shut instead of interrupting Shastri mid-way and making his all-encompassing statement?
True suman. He should have kept quite logically. But he said something which only he must be in a position to clarify what he meant. I judged that he might have meant Pakistan fans. But in a situation where things could be real tight back in Pakistan for loosing a WC final against India & where things could really turn ugly including ransacking of their homes maybe he thought he had to thank them for their (whomever he meant) support? Come on, the point I am making is if Dhoni (educated) can be pardoned for a statement, Malik (uneducated) can be as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
Nice PR job for S.Malik. Well done.
Quite right diabloo. PCB is paying me for supporting them. Malik has promised me a Bugatti Veyron for his PR. How much is Dhoni paying you for his PR (and Honda)? If you cannot understand what I am saying, I request you to kindly keep your mouth shut. I thought you guys were the educated ones, Malik is uneducated and is learning how to speak English. Spare him for Christs sake and stop stooping down to his level (if he meant what he said ie).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
I agree that Malik's English is very shaky. That sentence was not even grammatical and nobody except Malik knows what he meant.
I agree with you completely, which is why I am asking you guys to give that guy a benefit of the doubt. He had just lost what might be one of the most important match of his life, he was nervous and extremely tensed at the presentation ceremony. No one but him can explain why he used the word MUSLIMS or if he meant anything else. Lets stop giving the guy a stick. And judge him by his actions.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 26th September 2007 at 20:30.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:27   #1217
BANNED

No I won't . You should work on your inability to put your thoughts into words, so that everyone understands what you are trying to say or prove.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
If you cannot understand what I am saying, I request you to kindly keep your mouth shut.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:33   #1218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
No I won't . You should work on your inability to put your thoughts into words, so that everyone understands what you are trying to say or prove.
Everyone here seems to be able to comprehend to what I am saying save you. Though my views may not be same as theirs. You are the only one who seem to have a problem. So I am not sure who ought to do their homework. Besides, its pointless arguing with you. Just stay away from calling me names. Is this that hard for you to understand?
Old 26th September 2007, 20:34   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Bah!
Even the educated Pakistanis have condemned Malik's immature statement. Everyone knows why he made that statement, so lets not try to hide his evil intentions by giving excuse about his poor spoken language skills.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:36   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Mods lock this thread PLEASE.!!!

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 26th September 2007 at 20:37.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:46   #1221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Mods lock this thread PLEASE.!!!
What we need is people to talk about the game and respect someone else's views and not get personal or take a dig at others. But for some its just too hard to comprehend.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:46   #1222
BANNED

Ok. Are you trying to say if Dhoni's comments can be forgiven the why not Mallik's? If so then Dhoni's comments relate to his team and since he is the captain, he is entitled to say on behalf of his team. Mallik's statements relate to his race and asked to be forgiven for a defeat on a cricket field. Mallik commited far greater crime than Dhoni. Hence we are castigating Mallik and ignoring Dhoni.

Quote:
Everyone here seems to be able to comprehend to what I am saying save you. Though my views may not be same as theirs. You are the only one who seem to have a problem. So I am not sure who ought to do their homework. Besides, its pointless arguing with you. Just stay away from calling me names. Is this that hard for you to understand?
Old 26th September 2007, 20:54   #1223
BANNED

Ya true. We can talk about the game and discuss its intricacies. But its Mallik who got race into the game. Hence we are condemning Mallik's statements. You should join us instead of justifying Mallik's statements.

Quote:
What we need is people to talk about the game and respect someone else's views and not get personal or take a dig at others. But for some its just too hard to comprehend.
Old 26th September 2007, 20:56   #1224
Senior - BHPian

How about this...

IndiaWhining
Old 26th September 2007, 21:07   #1225
BANNED

Diabloo, lets forget Malik's controversial racial comment. What did people here do when I felt Pakistan played a better game. Some threatened, others called me names saying what a citizen I am and that I should join in with the celebrations and what not (some over PM's too). What happened then? Who was taking a dig at whom? Kindly sit back and think it over.

We come here to discuss our passion for the game. But this thread looks like a place to put forth our hatred/disliking for a certain group of people (be it the seniors or juniors) or call people with varied opinions stupid or still better call them names. Wonderful fans we are, then we complain that the mob mentality that English soccer fans have is the worst. We are not that far behind, if at all we are behind them.

Can we for ONCE talk about the game being played WITH the playing 11 and look at their performances rather than contemplating who should/not be playing? Who should be thrown out or doesn't deserve a team in the place.

e_t, I wonder who wrote that article? He just stole every word out of my mouth. Some lines look as if I myself had written them .

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 26th September 2007 at 21:09.
Old 26th September 2007, 21:26   #1226
Team-BHP Support

While I'm quite against players getting such huge rewards, I'm against people making a big deal about anything else related to our T20 team at the moment. All of them had a part to play at some point in the tournament. Apart from the New Zealand match, we didn't lose anything. Most players were consistent. That's what matters. It was not happening in any championship so far. Also remember, the players haven't asked for any rewards. Our Govt. is showering them with money. If anyone has anything to say about it, why not write to the Finance Minister? I'll gladly sign.
About people celebrating on the roads - I very much support the idea. A World Cup is a World Cup - any sport, any tournament, and it's not often that a team wins it. Australia has victory parades too.
About the India Whining stuff - whoever wrote that can go take a hike. When ODIs were introduced, everyone said it's pajama cricket. Now no one's complaining. In another 10 years time, T20 will rule.
Old 26th September 2007, 21:28   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren I don't agree with you on Malik's statement. He said "... all the people in my country and all muslims all over the world" so he did thank his country first and then went on to the muslim part.

Wasn't it a bit ironical to see Pathan speak really good English coming from a so called Hindu majority country and Malik struggling with his english. Infact none of the current Pakistani players seem to be conversant in English, maybe with the exception of Afridi.

Rameez Raja and Imran speak really good english.

Diabloo, I understood mclaren's argument without any issue. And why should mclaren join you. I think in a democracy anyone can choose to have his or her own opinions. He has his right to make a stand or support anyone. Lets just agree to disagree and get on.
Old 26th September 2007, 22:46   #1228
BANNED

Dhoni is harping about the fact that the team did exceedingly well because no one had any sort of expectations from them, hence no pressure. He may have a point here. So the success of our team could well be by not having expectations from them at all. So, if we stop the hype before a series, all these groups which do pooja's & hooma's etc stop doing this we are bound to do exceedingly well. If expectations are leading to additional pressures which in turn are causing poor performances then its we the general public/fans that are making Indian Cricket Team loose .
Old 26th September 2007, 23:23   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Lets talk and concentrate on cricket here. Lets leave out the statements and intentions of captains and players and the politicians too. People have different views and the right to express it. T20 is done and over with. The celebrations have ended too.

Now lets talk about the next series - India v/s Australia 7 match one day series.

Anything other than that - will be deleted.
Old 26th September 2007, 23:35   #1230
Senior - BHPian

N_C, if you're so big on deleting stuff, you may want to scroll back and delete all the threats of bodily harm, the telling people to stuff things up their backsides, and the telling people to keep their mouths shut posts.

This is a fun thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks