Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2007, 15:11   #1291
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
This is like a Baleno vs OHC vs Palio thread, except no one owns 'The Wall' or 'Dada' or 'The Duty Dodging Dwarf'. Fun stuff.
, but the amount of info that is put up in this thread !!! WAR !!!
Old 28th September 2007, 15:25   #1292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
LOL. MF drive welcome to the party. You just posted that joke for the 4th time on this thread. hehehe.
Oops I was too lazy to see this fighting and analysis thread (too statistical and analytical you see).

Anyways remember what Nitrous says "Save Motorsports, stop watching Cricket!" And thats so very true fellas.
Old 28th September 2007, 15:43   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
For the sake of repeating it for the "N"th time. I enjoy the game FOR WHAT its played (on the field) and by WHOM (read as playing 11) its played. Not by WHO SHOULD or SHOULDN'T have played.
Whoops. this is a guy with some serious baggage. I am outta here again ;-)

Cheers

Nitin
Old 28th September 2007, 15:47   #1294
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Whoops. this is a guy with some serious baggage. I am outta here again ;-)

Cheers

Nitin
I expect you to return sometime soon . Just hoping that you don't land up with your critic baggage this time .
Old 28th September 2007, 15:58   #1295
BHPian

Harsha Bhogle, in his latest column in Indian Express, writes thus about what separates the great from the good referring to Misbah:

"Sympathy is a word that has often been used with Misbah-ul-Huq, a fine player who twice brought Pakistan to the brink of victory. He even picked a good shot but found Joginder Sharma didn’t have the pace on the ball to take it beyond the edge of the circle. Misbah will know, more than anyone in world sport at the moment, that the ability to finish games separates the great players from the good. A lot of teams can bring a ball to within three yards of the goal but it requires a great striker to put it at the back of the net. Strikers are valued because they finish moves, great golfers are those that play the 18th as well as the previous 17, even the boxer who dominates a bout needs a finishing punch. Misbah didn’t have it."

The full article is available for read here:
IndianExpress.com :: Minimise cult of individual

No wait, I did not quote this to start an argument. Just found that as an interesting take.
Old 28th September 2007, 16:09   #1296
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Just found that as an interesting take.
Sure is. Harsha

Looks like ANYTHING the fab 3 DO or DON'T they are getting a hammering from all directions just for the heck of it . Now people pointing fingers at them because they didn't attend the felicitation. I mean, WHY should they? They didn't take part in the tourney, and its not right to join in the celebrations with the team of which they weren't a part of. Agree with Harsha Bogle on this one

Quote:
"I must confess to being a little distressed at the barbs being directed at Tendulkar, Ganguly and Dravid for not appearing at the felicitation. They couldn’t have and they did well not to because it wasn’t their moment. Dhoni has said that they called him, there were messages of congratulations and that is about all there should be. In the search for a good story we cannot cross the boundaries of grace and indeed, of truth which is what happened with Tendulkar’s quote on Dhoni. Far too often these days the truth is becoming too large, too inconvenient, a burden to carry. Quotes are tampered with, conclusions need not derive from facts. And news anchors routinely shout down guests who dare to have an opinion different from the one that the channel seeks to propagate."
Quote taken from the same article posted by pmbabu.

Surprisingly, how many of you here think the felicitation was to do with anything related to our cricketers? It looked like a political gimmick. Heck, our winners weren't even in the limelight. Seated behind all (save exceptions) those power & money hungry politicians & officials. I am surprised Dhoni was actually allowed to sit in the front row. Such things happen only in India.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 28th September 2007 at 16:29.
Old 28th September 2007, 16:34   #1297
BHPian

Ravi Shastri appointed NCA chairman

Ravi Shastri has been appointed the NCA chairman
Source: Rediff
Old 28th September 2007, 16:43   #1298
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Ravi Shastri has been appointed the NCA chairman
Source: Rediff
I think this is a very good move by the BCCI. ICL is surely making them run for their money. Look at the number of changes that it has brought about in the functioning of the BCCI. First, they had to increase the salaries of all its domestic players, then increase the salary for the graded players, host a T20 tourney at the domestic level, give huge bonus' to players to prevent them from shifting to ICL, threaten the rest, and now this. I think all this is for the better.

BCCI has made it quite clear that all players associated with ICL will not take part or represent the country/state teams in matches. Does that mean that BCCI has monopoly over the team that takes part in International events or can ICL create a team of its own to represent the country at tournaments abroad? Then another question beckons, will ICC allow two teams from the same country to take part?
Old 28th September 2007, 16:50   #1299
BHPian

Ind Vs Aus 2007 cricket series

Hi Guys,

Who do you think will win the upcoming series? Its going to be a hell of a series.

Cricket India Vs Australia 2007
Old 28th September 2007, 17:13   #1300
Senior - BHPian

@redfx: It will be Australia no doubt. Not that I'am not supporting India. But Australia has always the tendency of jumping back in any condition. Our Big 3 will waste overs in the beginning of innings and there will be lot of pressure on the middle order as usual. OR the B3 will get out soon and pressure on middle order again i.e., Dhoni and boys.
Old 28th September 2007, 17:16   #1301
BANNED

I would say the home team definitely has an advantage against the Aussies. But Aussies will sure come out fighting. It will be a really interesting series, who ever wins the battle doesn't matter IMO. Give us some good cricket.
Old 28th September 2007, 17:27   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Aussies will walk the talk. Can we, is the question. Sachin has been in good form and hope he continues. Its a team game & if two out of the Big3 get out the others should be able to take care. Look at what happened in England. Whenever the top order failed we lost. That is where we need to learn from Australia. How sad that the Sachin, Sourav & Dravid are attacked on every conceivable occasion. There is a saying in English "One swallow does not a summer make" . Lets walk the talk and I hope & wish we will.
Old 28th September 2007, 17:27   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Our Big 3 will waste overs in the beginning of innings and there will be lot of pressure on the middle order as usual. OR the B3 will get out soon and pressure on middle order again i.e., Dhoni and boys.
- I thought we had ONE team now it looks like we have two distinct teams - Big 3 & Dhoni's boys. Give it a break guys!

And its a 50 over match remember? So no sixes & fours throughout the innings. And people will take a while to settle down......

Last edited by suman : 28th September 2007 at 17:29.
Old 28th September 2007, 17:41   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought we had ONE team now it looks like we have two distinct teams - Big 3 & Dhoni's boys. Give it a break guys!

(20 characters)
Old 28th September 2007, 17:44   #1305
Senior - BHPian

All the youngsters nerves will be tested (if they play) as they do not experience. They have the talent and has been proved in T20. But the technique and temperment will come only with the years you put on the field and facing the tough oppositions. Our young guns hardly has this baring a few guys.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks