Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 01:57   #1426
BHPian

This is why our kids must be feed with meat and eggs now look whats happening.
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:04   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Quite right. Lots of ghee, meat,eggs & milk.. The players should be big built,and have an aggressive bowling action.. Then we'll see our dear Aussies playing defensive strokes..
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:09   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Quite right. Lots of ghee, meat,eggs & milk.. The players should be big built,and have an aggressive bowling action.. Then we'll see our dear Aussies playing defensive strokes..
If thats Sarcasm, it almost missed me. I was referring to Kids at home who dont eat all that well and very little exercise. Offcourse its too late for our cricket team to get the benefits of mutton,eggs and ghee. lol.

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 3rd October 2007 at 02:13.
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:12   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Is that Sarcasm, it almost missed me. I was referring to Kids at home who dont eat all that well and very little exercise. Offcourse its too late for our cricket team to get the benefits of mutton,eggs and ghee. lol.
No sarcasm intended! I apologize if it sounded that way.
I was refering to the type of players we need to have in the Indian cricket team.
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:22   #1430
BHPian

Its ok, the net if full of sarcasm that you don't know when someone says something seriously.

But i agree, that we need at least a few players who are well built. I mean no one in our team is even above 6ft thats embracing for an international team. I am sure we can find some very talented big guys in our domestic cricket teams who are good at slangs too but our selection board is to hypocritical to sense their need in our team. Hope someone gives it to the auzzies soon because its hurting my pride too.
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:51   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Totally agree with you.We need a few pehelwaans..
I get the feeling that the next few games are going to be way more explosive. Both teams will try to get going against the other,and the players will try to push things to the limit.
Too bad Zee sports stop the free telecast of the games. They showed the first 2 games,and I'd have to buy the package if I wanna see more.
hmmm...anything for the Indian team.
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:42   #1432
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I think the loss against the Englishmen at the Ashes series would have been a more insult to the OZ's than the loss at T20. Also, do realize that OZ's have lost to India at the ICC Champions Trophies as well, so this achievement is not a first timer. The thing with the OZ's is they walk their talk. While we Indian's only talk and talk, it looks stupid to be aggressive without backing it up with performances on the field.

Khaadu, its all fine to be aggressive. But its not fine to look stupid while at it. Have a glare/stare whatever it is. Give back an earful but do it in a manner that doesn't make you emotionally charged up that you loose your senses, most often than not thats what the opponents are trying to do. Not by charging at a bowler with your bat. Now imagine, what if Yuvi had got out of the next ball after his feud with Flintoff, that bit would have looked silly & stupid. He came up with the aggression by spanking 6 sixers. Thats the kind of aggression we need.

More on Sreesanth & his stupidity.

Time Sree curbed his aggression*-*News*-*News*-*Indiatimes Cricket

The real test of aggression will be when Indians go down under. And the real test for those who should be playing in the team. That series is going to answer a lot of critics here.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd October 2007 at 09:47.
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:39   #1433
BANNED

When the senile dwarf gets a MOM award, even he is like, "Why did I get?!". Ya, nobody knows why he gets it. For instance in the 6th ODI in Engalnd, Uttappa did all the heroics & won the game for India. But who gets the MOM?

MOM is awarded to the player who collects most baggage in the match. Similarly MOS is awarded to the player who collects most baggage in the series. His contribution may not win the match or series for his team. No wonder Sachin gets it most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Funny you say that. He (senile dwarf) has won 4 MOTM awards & 2 MOTS awards since 2006 upto the England 1 day series (when everyone thought he was playing his worst). While Yuvraj has won just 1 MOTM, Dhoni has 2 MOTM awards (against Bangladesh & Afro XI), Ganguly with 2 MOTM awards, while Dravid has just 1 for the same period. Either the expert panel must be equally biased to help the opposition or you just not been watching enough cricket IMO off lately. Do note that, this does not include all those little handy knocks of any batsmen. This stat is only for the ODI series for 2006/07.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:02   #1434
BANNED

Thats the beauty of T20, nobody knows who wins till the last couple of overs. Gilchrist is looking at the wrong end and trying to offer a lame excuse for their loss in T20 WC. Who wants to watch a match when the result is almost certain still 2 hours for the match to end

Note: I wonder when did all these fans for ODIs crop up. Before T20 all I heard was Test Cricket was class & ODIs were for mass. So after T20, even ODIs are for class
Quote:
Gilchrist so rightly also mentions this:
Quote:
"You can't compare. Twenty20 is a different form of the game. We're not sitting back and reflecting on that Twenty20. It means nothing to us now.

"We're here, 50 overs, and that's what we've got to do. In 20 overs, there's so much good fortune that needs to go your way. If you play 10 Twenty20s in a row, you can't put money on who's going to win because it's so variable. But in 50-over cricket, the better side will win more often than not. That's what we're striving to be."
Source: Cricinfo
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:10   #1435
BANNED

Just 3 wins will ensure we don't lose the series. Which all will it be?

3rd - Hyderabad
4th - Chandigarh
5th - Vadodara
6th - Nagpur
7th - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
5 more games to go ... Don't wrote India of as yet .
Old 3rd October 2007, 12:56   #1436
BHPian

Go for the poll

Hi,

After India's loss yesterday I am sure lot of people have lost hope in India. So lets do a poll on if India will win or not. Click below to poll guys:

Cricket India Vs Australia 2007

Cheers
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:27   #1437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gilchrist so rightly also mentions this:

We're here, 50 overs, and that's what we've got to do. In 20 overs, there's so much good fortune that needs to go your way. If you play 10 Twenty20s in a row, you can't put money on who's going to win because it's so variable. But in 50-over cricket, the better side will win more often than not. That's what we're striving to be.

Source: Cricinfo
But doesn't this sound like ..

There's so little margin for error in a 100m race than a marathon. If you run 10 100m sprints you never know who will win, whereas in 10 marathons the better athelete will win.

Now can we say that a 100m champ is a better athelete than a marathon champ or vice-versa ?
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:42   #1438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
But doesn't this sound like ..

There's so little margin for error in a 100m race than a marathon. If you run 10 100m sprints you never know who will win, whereas in 10 marathons the better athelete will win.

Now can we say that a 100m champ is a better athelete than a marathon champ or vice-versa ?
This comparison doesnt makes sense. The 100m race is a test of speed and marathon is a test of will and stamina, entirely different IMHO.
While T20 is just entertainment, it aint cricket for sure.
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:44   #1439
BANNED

If T20 is for entertainment, then what is Test & ODIs for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
While T20 is just entertainment, it aint cricket for sure.
Old 3rd October 2007, 13:48   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If T20 is for entertainment, then what is Test & ODIs for?
The entertainment and fun value is always there in a sport, else why would we watch sports at all. It doesnt mean that we disregard the skill and talent and make the game such that it becomes entertainment only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks