Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:08   #1411
BHPian

No, peacocks was only intended to describe the flashy nature of some men. But i am sure a couple of Indian Tigers can tear apart the Auzzi Kangro attack. lol.

But seriously why dont we even have one 6fter in our team? We should have at least two or three guys who are above 6.3ft, i am sure they will grow in the job. They look at us like we are not even worth talking too. Errrrr.. its annoying.
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:16   #1412
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Indians fighting fire with fire? Or is it a case of OZ's laughing at our stupidity?

Source: Cricinfo.
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:50   #1413
BHPian

Well bit of both actually.
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:12   #1414
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Indians fighting fire with fire? Or is it a case of OZ's laughing at our stupidity?
Source: Cricinfo.
fire with fire .... as simple as that !! Have you noticed that the umpires always hold the Indians back .. Bucknor in this pic , and also when Yuvraj almost went at Flintoff .

As for Gilchrists comments on India and T20 .... the same commenst were made when One day cricket started in the early 70's but look where it is now and T20 is the next format so nothing funny about India winning it . Imagine if the Aussies had won the T20 CS , you think they wouldn't have used it to call themselves the ULTIMATE CHAMPS ??? Just coz they lost ... its a case of sour grapes as they thought tehy would bull doze their way through .

5 more games to go ... Don't wrote India of as yet .

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd October 2007 at 00:28. Reason: deleting posted pics. you don't really need to re-quote pictures.
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:12   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Did you guys see how Symmonds & hayden were mocking/sneering at Harbhajan? I didn't quite see a need for that. Was it because they hit him all over the place after the 1st over? Bhajji wasn't happy for sure,and then he decided to give them a few words too.

Why does it feel like there way too much friction on the field? I would have expected this from an India-Pak match. The only other reason being that Aus command their way through any other team, and hence have bragging rights..
correct me if i'm wrong..folks.
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:19   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
you just not been watching enough cricket IMO off lately.
Oh, you got that right. If I want to watch duty-dodgers, I stand at the international airport. No need to watch ODIs.
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:31   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Imagine if the Aussies had won the T20 CS , you think they wouldn't have used it to call themselves the ULTIMATE CHAMPS ??? Just coz they lost ... its a case of sour grapes as they thought tehy would bull doze their way through
I second that. IMO the T20 loss has really hurt their ego. This might egg them onto beating us 6-0 in this series along with various verbal volleys.

However, even then dear aussies, we beat you in the world cup . You'll still go back home nursing your battered ego !
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:38   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Haha..you are right,shuvc.

Indeed,the Aussies felt they were unbeatable,and after the were kicked out of the T20 semis,they must have felt wierd losing to another team.
So with the series in India,they get to take out their anger/frustration out on our men in blue..
I don't think anyone apart from Yuvi/Zaheer can stand up face to face with the Aussies. Those guys are huge!! Especially Symmonds & Hayden, damn..they probably weight over 450lbs put together!
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:41   #1419
BHPian

Have you guys noticed how often asian teams are reprimanded for sledging, over appealing, not mention 'throwing'? Don't notice A.Nel, Symonds,Hayden receiving the stick that often.
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:55   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Did you guys see how Symmonds & hayden were mocking/sneering at Harbhajan? I didn't quite see a need for that. Was it because they hit him all over the place after the 1st over? Bhajji wasn't happy for sure,and then he decided to give them a few words too.

Why does it feel like there way too much friction on the field? I would have expected this from an India-Pak match. The only other reason being that Aus command their way through any other team, and hence have bragging rights..
correct me if i'm wrong..folks.
Nobody notices those. They only notice it when an Indian does it - as though its their prerogative to be the bullies.

We're such a self-defeating bunch - one amongst us that gives back as good as he gets (yes Symonds mouthed Srisanth too) is criticized, the others are admired as big guys and sledgers.
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:57   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
We're such a self-defeating bunch
The word you're looking for is LOSERS.

Last edited by v1p3r : 3rd October 2007 at 01:04.
Old 3rd October 2007, 01:03   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Is is that the Aussies love to do it to any team it plays?
Alright,they'r a good team. About time our players were able to defend themselves when they'r mocked at.
Wasn't it Sidhu who once said that if you want to be able to face a person who sledges you.. all you need to do it speak decent english & come across as aggressive.

the only one who act aggressive is Shreesanth, and he's in for more disciplinary action
Old 3rd October 2007, 01:23   #1423
BANNED

Seems no one noticed Hogg sledging away at Gambhir ( i think it was him ) during the last match ... and our man didn't back away at all -- which IMHO is a great thing . Seeing our players put tehir heads down and looking away till a few years ago was a very dissapointing site and am glad that Ganguly changed all that as Captain .

The Windies hit us real hard when they toured India after the '83 WC final ... and the Aussies are trying to do the same -- both the teams had their ego's shattered by the underdogs . Its a natural reaction for them uncouth people who think they are somehow the superior race , and it gets worse when they get it back as they don't expect it come their way .

GO SREE GO ......
Old 3rd October 2007, 01:31   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Don't if its just me..
Many times,I've noticed various Aussie players ( and some times the England players too) looking at their opponents as if they were dirt.
Noticed hayden give Utthappa a glare once, and then a 'I pity you' look, when the latter stopped two hard hits thus saving 4 runs.
I hope the youngsters play the next game,and actually get more aggressive and give it back to the aussies.
Old 3rd October 2007, 01:53   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Have you guys noticed how often asian teams are reprimanded for sledging, over appealing, not mention 'throwing'? Don't notice A.Nel, Symonds,Hayden receiving the stick that often.
True, ShreeShanth started it becoz of A.Nel but Nel never got fined for his sledging but Shreeshanth was fined for it! This is absolute raceism

We really need some menacing type bowlers and batsmen in our team, then the Auzzie scum will shut up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks