Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 17:18   #7006
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Cricket Thread

I just hope that the SA pasting, KP saga and Strauss retirement does not derail their Ashes plan. Really really want them to retain that
Old 30th August 2012, 10:11   #7007
BANNED

Strauss retires more or less on his own.

When will our joker learn, and also (incl the retirees) stop cribbing about all and sundry.

I have rated ZA as the best team for a long time, and I am glad they have now got over being 'chokers'.
Old 30th August 2012, 10:14   #7008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Well, that is his personal preference.
Quote:
I have rated ZA as the best team for a long time, and I am glad they have now got over being 'chokers'.
Their coach, Gary has a big role in they being No 1 in tests, ODI & T20. Not long ago, India were No 1 and that was when Gary was coach.
Old 30th August 2012, 10:37   #7009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Well, that is his personal preference.

Their coach, Gary has a big role in they being No 1 in tests, ODI & T20. Not long ago, India were No 1 and that was when Gary was coach.
I think Amla has been a big part of that change. I still dont know why India were no.1
Old 30th August 2012, 11:09   #7010
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am glad they have now got over being 'chokers'.
Not yet

Lets see them winning an ICC tournament first. Or for that matter, one knock out game in a World Cup !
Old 30th August 2012, 16:28   #7011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I still dont know why India were no.1
Mainly due to batting consistency as a group. and a couple of freak bowling performances once in a while. in fact its a miracle that the team was ranked 1 for so long, especially with the kind of bowling strength (ha!) we have.

Quote:
When will our joker learn, and also (incl the retirees) stop cribbing about all and sundry.
not sure who you are talking about

Last edited by selfdrive : 30th August 2012 at 16:30.
Old 2nd September 2012, 20:04   #7012
Team-BHP Support

Taking the day off tomorrow and going to the Chinnaswami Stadium to watch what I would imagine to be a great test-match. India has five and a half sessions to get the 250 odd runs. Let's hope the top-order doesn't collapse. Something that they're known for.
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:01   #7013
BHPian

I think tomorrow's play will test the mettle of young crop. I really don't see the experienced trio of Gambhi,Viru or Sachin making an impact. If Pujara, Kohli retain their wits, we will win.
Old 3rd September 2012, 19:52   #7014
BHPian

Sachin Tendulkar???

Hi

Being a die-hard of the the little master, it pains me to see him getting bowled through the gates 3 times in a row. I just hope its just a temporary blipp and he will get back to his best and continue entertaining us with his mastery.

Rahul Dravid had a similar end to his career, getting bowled and I hope it doesnt happen to the Legend, Sachin.

Subs
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:26   #7015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedchauhan View Post
I think tomorrow's play will test the mettle of young crop. I really don't see the experienced trio of Gambhi,Viru or Sachin making an impact. If Pujara, Kohli retain their wits, we will win.
You got that perfectly right Chauhan ! India do manage to wrap up the series 2-0, something that they were anyway expected to do. Sterner tests await them in the form of England & Australia, let us hope our young guns perform as well as they did against the Kiwis !
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:21   #7016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Am not sure Strauss retired on his own, he was pathetic in his batting and also there was this history and the blood thirsty English press waiting for him to put one foot wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Taking the day off tomorrow and going to the Chinnaswami Stadium to watch what I would imagine to be a great test-match. India has five and a half sessions to get the 250 odd runs. Let's hope the top-order doesn't collapse. Something that they're known for.
A die hard cricket fan I see. I am totally overwhelmed by Kumble's ticket pricing and the response that has come from the Bangalore crowd. We need more players to be administrators in cricket. These guys are the ones that can relate to the fans and care for them. 20 bucks a day ? This is how it should be for test matches to have more audience in the stadium.
Old 4th September 2012, 13:25   #7017
BHPian

Re: Sachin Tendulkar???

Quote:
Originally Posted by subs View Post
Being a die-hard of the the little master, it pains me to see him getting bowled through the gates 3 times in a row.
Posted about the master's failing reflexes a few pages back, and today it's the topic for Cricket Correspondent S. Dinakar's article in Hindu. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle3856394.ece
Old 4th September 2012, 18:53   #7018
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

A die hard cricket fan I see. I am totally overwhelmed by Kumble's ticket pricing and the response that has come from the Bangalore crowd. We need more players to be administrators in cricket. These guys are the ones that can relate to the fans and care for them. 20 bucks a day ? This is how it should be for test matches to have more audience in the stadium.
Oh yes I am a die-hard Cricket fan, EL.

The Rs. 20 and Rs. 50 tickets were sold out by the time I got to the stadium at 11 am. I paid Rs. 250 for my ticket. Unfortunately, I had to attend my first-hour of class on Monday as I had an important presentation to give. As a result, I missed the wicket that Zaheer got and missed the entire first session.

It was a gripping match. all seemed well until Sachin got out and things started to get worse when Raina went for the big heave and missed the ball completely. Pujara's wicket was an important one. That catch was brilliant!

At 150 odd for 5, it looked like a tall order. NZ were breathing fire and that's when Dhoni and Kohli stitched a good partnership together for the 2nd time.

NZ had their chances but never latched onto them. Pujara could have been so easily stumped but McCullum isn't a regular keeper anymore. Kohli had a few close moments too.

The great thing about this test-match was it never looked like either India or NZ were ahead at any point. Until we got to the final hour of the day's play when Dhoni decided to wrap it up. Trust us Indians to make even boring games seem exciting.

The KSCA pitch offered good swing and bounce if the bowlers made the effort to bend their backs and bang it short. Get the pace wrong or the line and the ball will just sit up, for the batsman to hit it.
Old 4th September 2012, 19:17   #7019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Oh yes I am a die-hard Cricket fan, EL.
I heard Mr. Kumble speak about pulling down and building the North Stand. Apart from the ticket pricing, is there any positive impact seen on facilities for the spectators such as clean toilets, good parking availability, decent food, etc ?
Such basic amenities need to be in place for families to visit and enjoy a day at the cricket.
Old 4th September 2012, 21:50   #7020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I heard Mr. Kumble speak about pulling down and building the North Stand. Apart from the ticket pricing, is there any positive impact seen on facilities for the spectators such as clean toilets, good parking availability, decent food, etc ?
Such basic amenities need to be in place for families to visit and enjoy a day at the cricket.
Watching cricket in the stadium was so much fun until they brought in the security measures and even banned taking water bottles into the stadium. In fact, the sale of water in pet bottles inside the ground is also banned now. One has to shell out 10 bucks for a 250ml of water every time and you have to walk right up to the stall to get it. This is so absurd, even while watching a IPL match for 3 hours in the night, one ends up spending anywhere between 300 to 500 for water (for a family), imagine a full day on a hot summer. Someone's got to think of more rational answers to this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks